It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Watch 2012 !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
let me introduce to you my fellow Volcano and quake watchers .. to

the Volcano watch 2012 ...

now we all know and have heard about the hype and fears of 2012 and how major volcanoes will start erupting in 2012 .. but before i get on with the links and the pics and all of that good stuff for 2012 allow me to recap this years volcanic activity and volcanic eruptions .....

www.abovetopsecret.com... ( volcano watch 2011 )

www.abovetopsecret.com... ( volcano watch 2010 )

2011 has proved to us that there is no such thing as an extinct volcano because of Nubu in northern africa the middle east ..

then we had that eruption in Chile which was big news and the list goes on ..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0d927d70763.png[/atsimg]

( VEI chart)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90a641a9fcb7.jpg[/atsimg]

( A example of what a harmonic tremor looks like )

(how to read the graphs )
media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=156231

www.volcano.si.edu...

bigthink.com...
en.vedur.is...

volcanoes.usgs.gov...
im having major internet connection issues .. i will post more links to other sites as i can and am able to ..

but without further delay .....

my friends here is the VOLCANO WATCH 2012 ....

edit on 26/12/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
YAY!!, love this, posting a comment so I don't lose this thread :-)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
LOL I remember when you posted the one for last year I was in Italy.

I shall subscribe to this one now

S&F from me of course

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My friend on Santorini told me yesterday that they have really many weird earthquakes/shakes lately, all coming from the Volcano there. The island is the site of one of the largest volcanic eruptions in recorded history

EDIT to add: Island of Santorini, Greece
edit on 26-12-2011 by Hellas because: Island of Santorini, Greece

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

can you give us which country this volcano is in? please

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
reply to post by Hellas

can you give us which country this volcano is in? please

Oh sorry, it's the island of Santorini, Greece

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Thanks for this. I'm sure that it's going to become the most popular threat on ATS in 2012

Shame that there's not going to be a 2013 Quake Watch thread though...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yeah so far it seems it's been quite an active year for volcanic activity globally. Excited to see what 2012 has in store for us. S&F

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Santorini aka Thera.... exploded about 3500 years ago...in krakatau style...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Not technically the first of 2012...but thought I would post here that my 'prediction for 2012 is that a major, major eruption will occur inthe Phillipine/Indo area and more than likely trigger a chain reaction throughout the fault lines......so here we are going out in 2011 with these two.

The surprise eruption of Indonesia’s Mt. Lokon volcano creates widespread panic

December 27, 2011 – JAKARTA — One of Indonesia’s most active volcanoes erupted Tuesday, spewing clouds of ash and panicking villagers but no evacuation has been ordered so far, a government vulcanologist said. The first eruption at Mount Lokon was at 3:07 am (1907 GMT Monday), followed by two more bursts within minutes, Farid Bina told AFP from a monitoring post near the volcano on Sulawesi island. “The eruption was heard as far as five kilometers (three miles) away, causing panic among villagers living close to the volcano,” he said, adding that winds blew volcanic ash to villages up to five kilometers to the east and northeast. “Two villages with about 10,000 people each have been affected by the ash, which stopped later in the morning,” he added. More than 5,200 people were evacuated to temporary shelters when the 1,580-metre volcano erupted in July, sending huge clouds of ash as high as 3,500 meters (11,500 feet) into the sky. Lokon’s last deadly eruption was in 1991, killing a Swiss tourist. The Indonesian archipelago has dozens of active volcanoes and straddles major tectonic fault lines known as the “Ring of Fire” between the Pacific and Indian oceans. The country’s most active volcano, Mount Merapi in central Java, killed more than 350 people in a series of violent eruptions last year. -AFP

Geologists warn Philippine’s Mount Bulusan volcano becoming increasingly restive

December 26, 2011 – PHILIPPINES – Mt. Bulusan has been showing signs of abnormal activity these past two weeks. The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and SeismologyDirector Renato Solidum said at least 10 quakes were felt around the volcano. Solidum said they noted changes in the form of soil around Mt. Bulusan. Phivolcs warned of possible ash explosion and advised residents to observe the four-kilometer radius permanent danger zone around the mountain. The agency advised the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines to tell their pilots to avoid flying near the volcano. –Journal

both reports can be found collated here
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Oh yeah? You is wrong, you is vewy vewy wong. There will be a 2013 Quake Watch and a 2014 Quake watch - etc - etc - provided ATS is still here of course and the PTB have not got rid of us all or started charging us for the use of air/internet in addition to any current charges!!

The world is NOT going to end in 2012 'cus I sayz so.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Well PuterMan, looks like you are correct again

Shamans In Peru Say, World Will Not End In 2012 .indiatvnews
Happy New year.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Oh yeah? You is wrong, you is vewy vewy wong. There will be a 2013 Quake Watch and a 2014 Quake watch - etc - etc - provided ATS is still here of course and the PTB have not got rid of us all or started charging us for the use of air/internet in addition to any current charges!!

The world is NOT going to end in 2012 'cus I sayz so.

LOL Puterman , wow are you god or something ? tho if you are it would not surprise me in the least .. by the way how do you like the new volcano watch thread?????
personally i think i could have done a better job at it ..

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thought I'd throw this in here.

Woke up this morning (last day of 2011) and the first thing I'm confronted with when I load up Yahoo's page (my home page) is this:

What does the reflection in the all seeing eye look like to you?

Watch the volcanos in 2012...

edit on 30/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Thought I'd throw this in here.

Woke up this morning (last day of 2011) and the first thing I'm confronted with when I load up Yahoo's page (my home page) is this:

What does the reflection in the all seeing eye look like to you?

Watch the volcanos in 2012...

edit on 30/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

Whoa, cool find!!, I also see that Obama symbol from 08 as well, to me it could be either, but Im with you on this! good find!!

EDIT* I went back and googled Obama's symbol and I was wrong, but honestly that was the first thing I thought of when i seen the symbol, but the more I look the more I see what you are saying.
edit on 31-12-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
actually it's the flashlight (umbrella) and the reflection of her eyelashes..

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
actually it's the flashlight (umbrella) and the reflection of her eyelashes..

what a cool effect!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here's the latest doom from the MSM :

Is a super-volcano just 390 miles from London about to erupt?

A sleeping super-volcano in Germany is showing worrying signs of waking up.

It's lurking just 390 miles away underneath the tranquil Laacher See lake near Bonn and is capable of ejecting billions of tons of magma.

This monster erupts every 10 to 12,000 years and last went off 12,900 years ago, so it could blow at any time.

It would sure solve their economic problems.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The race is on, which is going to blow first, Yellowstone or this one in Germany.......bets anyone?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
The race is on, which is going to blow first, Yellowstone or this one in Germany.......bets anyone?

Well it doesn't really matter since both of them will probably not erupt in our lifetime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join