It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montanans Launch Recall of Senators Who Approved NDAA Military Detention. Merry Christmas, US Senate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Unfortunately, 9 out of 50 is not a majority...but as said before, it's a start.

I hope that this trend continues to the rest of the states. This law is just loopy and is to vague. It can be interpreted in too many ways.

It needs to go by the wayside.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

That's a good question. If the 9th Circuit does allow it and the SCOTUS does get involved, I'm afraid they will reject it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
great news if something actually happens from this...

this action is one of the many reasons I love my state, I am still skeptical of any good coming from this I see the lines being drawn and those in power are doing what they want blatantly and with no worry about their positions in politics being taken away.

If anything I see this as a test to the rest of america will they see what is happening, will they see the walls of protection closing in?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

So do I, and I haven't heard anything either. I'll check the papers tomorrow morning.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sigh.

I don't think the control freaks who pass treasonous tripe such as NDAA will bat an eye until we're voting with lead moving at terminal velocity.

Sure, sure, I'll wait and see what happens with this attempt...more of the same bullshirt. It's certainly noteworthy that such attempts to circumvent our impending slavery are made but the impending slavery is still moving at warp speed.

On that note, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. I'd suggest you keep your powder dry and your aim true.

As JFK said, those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. It has become obvious that any peaceful means for restoration of We the People is impossible. That leaves the latter option...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

That's awesome! Everybody should get a right to a trial!
NDAA is no differant from the Gestapo!

To Anyone reading this: You all need to vote for people who appose these draconian Laws! And over Turn them!!!
edit on 26-12-2011 by tanarus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Montana girl here - will be looking out for further local updates on this story as it develops.

Viva la revolution!

Happy holidays everyone.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Well I'm moving to Montana soon,

going to be a Dental Floss Tycoon.

What the hell is going on here?

Somebody Trying to instigate a riot?

This nonsense is going to backfire worse than our
1974 Volkswagon Bug ever did.

Get Real.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
If SCOTUS rules on the NDAA, and find it constitutional, then no recall can happen on the grounds of the representatives violating their oath of office.

SCOTUS is as much sold out as congress or Obama, so don't hold your breath.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Good for Montana! if this is indeed true I can see their congress critters howling and screaming about "domestic terrorists." and anything else they can think of and so will the others who are from states with recall laws.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Edit to add further: Dailypaul.com actually had this to say;

18 states presently have recall laws: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington and Wisconsin. State legislatures can pass them in states which do not.

The states that don't have recall petition capabilities need to push their legislature to do it for them. This can, and must be done if we are to return this country to its founding principals of freedom and justice for all.
edit on 25-12-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

I am surprised to see that Alabama is not on that list. Maybe they will be now that they have an excellent governor, who has really been getting things doen, (passing a stricter law than even AZ regarding illegal immigration), etc.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is why Woodrow Wilson and other early 20th century progressives passed the 17th amendment. Before the 17th amendment, US Senators were elected by the individual state legislatures and that made it much easier to recall US Senators, which was the original intent of the founders. The 17th amendment took that power away and gave the electoral process to the citizens. Now it will take a ton of Montana citizens to pull this off instead of a vote in the Montana state legislature... hopefully their efforts are successful.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Packing my bags and moving to Montana.

The States should never fear the Federal Government.

The States hold all of the power whether they realize it or not.

Vote and/or remove all politicians who do not vote for the good of the people.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Call me ignorant but thanks to this forum, I am learning something new at every visit.

So we can recall senators.... interesting....

I must move to the mid-west, would Arizona have this as well?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm thinking that the attorney involved will have to get a petition statewide in order to gather signatures to get the senators recalled. Ironic that I just found a petition online for the state of Montana that allows citizens to sign it for Max Baucus to be recalled.

Petition to Potentially Recall U.S. Senator Max Baucus, (D) Montana

Here's some quoted text from the petition:

This petition is to survey the population of registered Montana voters who may have interest in recalling Senator Max Baucus from his elected position as senior US Senator from Montana. The recall of elected officials is allowed under Montana law, pursuant to Montana Code 2-16-603, on the grounds of physical or mental lack of fitness, incompetence, violation of oath of office, official misconduct, or conviction of certain felony offenses. It is felt that Senator Baucus has shown incompetence in his duties by failing to adequately represent the majority of Montanans. It is also felt that Senator Baucus has violated his oath of office by failing to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.

You have to post your first and last name and town for the signature to be valid so you can be contacted I'm guessing. People from Montana should make this viral on their Facebook accounts!

I wonder if there's also a petition to go against Jon Tester. People should be going for door to door signatures if that's what it takes.

EDIT: I guess that was the petition from 2009 because of Baucus' drunken incident. I still think that the attorney involved will have to start a petition in order to get the senators recalled in the state. I believe there are a lot of people that will sign that petition if it goes viral around Montana.
edit on 12/26/2011 by InFriNiTee because: see reason above

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
are there any organizations already up and running for the "other" states to rid their parasites?
I'd love to get our dumba$$ representatives out of office...with DC just on the va border, and most of DC inhabitants live in northern virginia, our state is in real trouble..

we need to tell our state representatives what it means to be a representative...we need to restore democracy altogether and start making PAPER ballots for PEOPLE.

representatives have gotten us nowhere. If the PEOPLE were asked to vote we would be getting a lot more done. representatives are just "middle men" who take money and power for themselves and don't vote on behalf of their people.

REP RE SENT A TIVE ... either REPRESENT US or OUT YOU GO.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Soooo... Obama lied again? Imagine that. I gues we should just stop counting how many lies now, clearly he isn't going to stop. In retrosepct, I think when he was running for President that people should have been paying more attention to his name as opposed to trying to look like we have all grown up regarding the race issue. We were so wanting to prove that we were not a racist country and that, despite all of the pecuniary troubles our nation was facing, that we were above it all and advanced. It turns out that the name Barak Hussein Obama should have been considered as an islamic name because he is doing everything that it takes to set the American people up for assured destruction. He is taking a basball bat to the knees of America while he is in office, to make her weak, and that makes the islamic extremists stronger. If he is lying about everything he got into office for, continuing Bushs' legacy of destroying the constitution and now wanting to detain American's indefinately, you must ask yourself,.....if he is not working for US.......then who is he working for?
edit on 26-12-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There is an article from Salem News that goes into this fairly well.

Salem-News.com

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I hope this is true and I hope that all other States follow the example.
Go Montana.

ETA as the post above me mentioned, only 9 States allow recall...
edit on 25-12-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Does anyone know the other 8 States that allow recall?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I applaud my fellow americans in MT.

My question is where is the supreme court? Or are we finally done with the myth of checks and balances in this country?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join