It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Sincere Apology to the People of Iran (cuz we're about to destroy you)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pap1148
reply to post by empireoflizards

You almost nailed it and I was waiting for someone to bring this up. Iran nationalized there oil because the British were stealing it. The British got Roosevelt to join them and the Cia was sent in to coup a Democratically elected Iranian government. The Shaw was installed by the Cia and was not real nice to the Iranians. Iranians got smart and kicked his A out and held our embassy hostage. It was all about oil to start with.
Now if you tie this to a you tube video on Fora with a speech by Wesley Clark you will see where we are today.
Wish I could place the you tube video here, but not that computer savy. Maybe another member can catch up on accomplishing that.?

Yah umm okay Wesley Clarke is another CFR military guy and a Democrat. So what. He's just giving the Democrat strategy which is always bogus nonsense.

www.newswithviews.com...
edit on 26-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by davcwebb
Iran will soon flex its full capabilities in the coming weeks and months ahead. They could bring the world to our knees in the process. Our exit from Iraq will leave a vacuum so vast that their rise will be easy, immense, exponential, warring, and fatal. One Iranian naval blockade, or *real* threat of one, in the Straight of Hormuz, will create an economic disaster for the world overnight. They've already started their naval "war games" in the vicinity as a warning of their growing strength in the region. Oil could rise over $150 - $175/barrell in one day if they decide to shut Hormuz down. That will absolutely cause economic global chaos. Moreover, it's well known they want to wipe Israel (and all Jews) off the globe. One Iranian launch of a tactical nuclear warhead in Jeruseluem and WWIII will be set in motion. I agree, there are innocents in Iran; as in the US. I fear for for all of us. I concede that our governments, unfortunately, dictate foreign policy regardless of their peoples' voice. I'm also afraid Iran holds the keys in the coming future as our response will be reactionary only. Their lives, as you suggest, are most certainly in the hands of our honed war machine. I hope I'm wrong...

$175/barrel is not true that can be possible even with little flare up in middle east. If Iran is able to shut down hormuz then oil can jump to $300-500/barrel and bring the whole world into depression. This war can flare up into other nations. If Russians get involved then we are talking nukes within a week of their innings on the go. Chinese coming in will mean both military and economic muscles at work and even Japan and South Korea getting attacked by North Korea. Might be possible that majority of everyone involved decides who is the main culprit and ends up attacking....................the USA! It would be justified though as US has been poking its nose too much into other people's affairs.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
pal, i am no american so no bug on me. but take it seriously that russians were in wounded state in 1991 end of cold war but in the last 20 years due to neglect, corruption, bad planning etc. they have nearly finished off their glorious russian army. when full might without nukes are at works, russians would be beaten in at most 10 days, depending on if us focuses on minimizing casualities or achieving a quick victory. nukes are the only bargaining chip left in kremlin now.
edit on 26-12-2011 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2011 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Wesley Clark retired from the Army in May of 2000.
Why should he know what was happening in 2007 much less today? How would a memo from the Bush Administration apply to 2011 even if it wasn't a bit of disinformation from the Republican administration to someone who was backing the Democrats.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Us fighting this war isn't at all written in stone yet, and I get really tired of people acting like it is. Nothing is certain yet.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Wars should be fought with Words, not Weapons - to do otherwise is an atrocity of Ignorance.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

To have Peace, you must first be Peaceful; to have World Peace we must all realize that individually.

I think each person here on Earth wants to live with Peace in their own life; if each of us realized that and used it as the foundation for living with and interacting with each other then we will all have it.

IN OTHER WORDS...

Peace should be the foundation upon which we build all other things, because it is the one thing we can all agree that we want individually.

edit on 27-12-2011 by CaptainKostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Move the # out of the US if its so bad.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I suppot this post 100% and wish with all my heart that these pointless acts of aggression will end. What has Iran truly done to deserve this other than try and improve its infrastructure?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ray1850

I agree as much as the brevity of your post.
It is obvious, that oil is the only thing that matters in the upper scope.
When it comes to people's lives, then take a microscope on one family in Iran and imagine your own. People are worth more than anything else, but you have to be the observer and in a position in your life to understand it.
I want to say, "God Help Us.", but what may listen, has not helped me, or those I have known in the past.... A sad revelation, yet the majority of the world seems camped out on the fact that they have an out.
edit on 27-12-2011 by charlyv because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Because the death toll of allied troops involved in an invasion of mainland Japan would have been to great otherwise. Anyone who knows history knows this. You obviously don't research facts before making statements. Those bombs saved allied lives.

Yes, it did save allied lives, and destroyed many many Japanese lives. How many innocents were killed? Is it right to just call those casualties "casualties of war"??

Also, don't be so judgemental mate, i do know my history rather well. I find it ironic how America tries to rid the world of nuclear weapons, yet, they have massive stockpiles of nukes themselves, and further, they are the only country ever to have used a nuclear weapon on another country.

Yet you see no one going after America to try and rid them of their stockpiles.

I am sorry, but the leaders of America seems just as unstable, if not more unstable that the "terrorists" and "dictators" that they are hunting.

vvv

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by hawkiye

By extension then arent the Iranian people responsible for who they elected as their leaders then?

Yeah all people are responsible for who they allow to lead them? What Has Iran done to us that we should be preparing to attack them? They are no threat to us and have done nothing to us. So your point is?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

beautiful.

lets share this page on facebook kids, this is good enough to go viral!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ray1850
Move the # out of the US if its so bad.

So you think that if men and women do not approve of the evil that men in power do they should leave thier country? No thanks I think I'll stay and do what I can to remove the evil from our land.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Wolfenz

And America hasn't been doing the Same ? even more so ! Question!!!!!!

2 wrongs = 1 right?

Come on now. Everyone can see the pressure building with Iran, but stop acting like America is the only country in the world using dirty tactics.

Jeez.

I'm not even American. But this idea that America is the only bully country out in the world is ludicrous. There are numbers of countries that would do the same or worse to west if given the chance.

let me put what you didn't, from that quote you posted above !

Iran has been funding militant groups for awhile now. I am not saying whether they are right or wrong in their activities, just pointing out that they are not innocent in the matter. Their people have protested, and they have lost. They need to stand up and ask for change in their country, as do many others do...

and i said !

And America hasn't been doing the Same ? even more so ! Question!!!!!!

Im not even going to bother explaining when there is this video that can do it for me ! ahh videos !
Well it would be exactly of what Ive been saying in my Posts if you look in my Profile through my post

im not Anti America

Im Anti American Government Controlled by Bought GOVT Officials by Corporations & Corrupt Politicians

Im American

well are they right with America ? Team America F--- YA

A Video Years ago ..
The Military-Industrial complex of USA / Illuminati bankers // War Corporations

and i Did not say America has been Only one Bullying But America is Sure Trying to be like 18th&19tth century UK and Roman Empire Hmmm what can i use ! ? to show for an Example ! ? ?

An Axe Head ok.
a Long Pole OK
a Pile of Round Rods (Sticks)
and 2 Large Band Wraps !

Ok I got it !

ohh and that Eagle ! that has been Symbolic for Power !

Ok i got that too!

Oh Did Iran EVER!!! have an Eagle for A symbol of Power !

Indeed They did!

Description English: Standard of Cyrus the Great, founder of the Achaemenid Empire. Called the: Derafsh-e Shahbaz-e-Talayi or the 'Golden Falcon'. The standard is described by Xenophon in Cyropaedia (Book VII, C.1) as: "...and the word went down the lines, "Eyes on the standard and steady marching!". The standard was a golden eagle, with outspread wings, borne aloft on a long spear-shaft, and to this day such is the standard of the Persian king." (however here he is describing Artaxerxes II's standard at Cunaxa).

Well during the Achaemenid Empire that is

Achaemenid Empire
en.wikipedia.org...

if you read the Above you might Understand some Empires lead to Defeat using that Eagle Symbol !
from not being to Careful or going for Power to Quickly !

ohh yeah the

Vexilloid
en.wikipedia.org...

The Achaemenid Empire used a stylized falcon on its vexilloid
AKA Iran

edit on 27-12-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Because the death toll of allied troops involved in an invasion of mainland Japan would have been to great otherwise. Anyone who knows history knows this. You obviously don't research facts before making statements. Those bombs saved allied lives.

Yes, it did save allied lives, and destroyed many many Japanese lives. How many innocents were killed? Is it right to just call those casualties "casualties of war"??

Also, don't be so judgemental mate, i do know my history rather well. I find it ironic how America tries to rid the world of nuclear weapons, yet, they have massive stockpiles of nukes themselves, and further, they are the only country ever to have used a nuclear weapon on another country.

Yet you see no one going after America to try and rid them of their stockpiles.

I am sorry, but the leaders of America seems just as unstable, if not more unstable that the "terrorists" and "dictators" that they are hunting.

vvv

Yet you obviously didn't know enough of history to know that the Japanese would never have surrenderd and the cost in allied lives of an invasion would have been too high. How many of the enemy were killed? 140,000 people. less than the amount of allied troops who would have died had they invaded instead and as has been pointed out in another post less than the firestorms created by conventional bombings.You see it was the government of Japan who was responsible for those deaths and not the allies. The A bombs served to protect allied lives there should never be an apology for that.

Yes you cry the cry of the cry of the ignorant. Better that people on our side die rather than the enemies.
edit on 27-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
the following was written back in 2009 -

The corporate media have been given their orders to throw the focus back on to Iran. Here is a recap of what they are trying to make you forget.

Last Spring, Rose Gottemoeller, an assistant secretary of state and Washington's chief nuclear arms negotiator, asked Israel to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Israel refused.

The United Nations passed a resolution calling on Israel to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and to submit to inspections. Israel refused.

The IAEA asked Israel to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and to submit to inspections. Israel refused.

Iran's formal notification to the IAEA of the planned construction of the backup fuel-rod facility underscores that Iran is playing by the rules of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty which Iran has signed. Iran allows IAEA inspections of all its facilities.

Contrary to face-saving claims, it appears that the US and Israel were both caught off guard by Iran's announcement. The reasoning is simple. Had the US or Israel announced the existence of he new facility before Iran's notified the IAEA, it would have put Iran on the defensive. As it is now, the US and Israel seem to be playing catch up, casting doubt on the veracity of Israel's claims to "know" that Iran is a nuclear threat.

The IAEA and all 16 United States Intelligence Agencies are unanimous in agreement that Iran is not building and does not possess nuclear weapons.

In 1986, Mordachai Vanunu blew the whistle and provided photographs showing Israel's clandestine nuclear weapons factory underneath the reactor at Dimona.

Israel made the same accusations against Iraq that it is making against Iran, leading up to Israel's bombing of the power station at Osirik. Following the invasion of 2003, international experts examined the ruins of the power station at Osirik and found no evidence of a clandestine weapons factory in the rubble.

The United Nations has just released the Goldstone Report, a scathing report which accuses Israel of 37 specific war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza earlier this year. Israel has denounced the report as "Anti-Semitic (even though Judge Goldstone is himself Jewish), and the United States will block the report from being referred to the War Crimes Tribunal at the Hague, thereby making the US Government an accessory after-the-fact.

We all need to be Joe Wilson right now. We need to stand up and scream, "LIAR!" at every politician and every talking media moron that is pushing this war in Iran. And we need to keep dong it until they get the message that we will not be deceived any more.

Israel wants to send your kids off to die in Iran, and YOU are the only one that can stop them. whatreallyhappened.com...

Don't forget that 6 Jewish Owned Companies Own 96% of the World’s Media. www.abovetopsecret.com... The proof is in the pudding, as they say.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i also sign in agreement with the OP -

edit on 27-12-2011 by musselwhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I don't think Israel or America want to destroy Iran just the facilities, Iran should not strike at civilians if that is the case. But if Iranian people are killed on purpose then it is war and they will defend.
But what will happen when their facilities are blown up? Will there be nuclear fallout?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If we attack with bunker buster tech all fallout should stay in a deep dark hole thet would be to dangerouse for them to try to even mine scrap or out of.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think the OP is a bit naive.

I do not think we should attack Iran. We should mind our own business. Isolationism is the way to go. F#ck the war machine.

But to paint Iran as some peaceful utopia is moronic at best. If you so desire, I can link countless examples of their f#cked up society, from whipping people for minor offenses, killing homosexuals or women who've been raped, to teenage girls who aren't 'chaste' enough.

The internet is replete with videos and news articles of this backwards and insane country. A simple google search will pull up countless examples.

So again, although I do not believe we have any business over there, don't come across like Iran is a peaceful utopia where everyone loves and helps one another and it's all sunshine and rainbows, and people from all walks of life are tolerated, because that's how the OP came off.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I wish we had more discussions like this.

I truly want to divorce myself from being lumped into the same group as the "bomb them all and let Gawd sort them out" types that run around in camo gear, or wanted "two minutes with bin Laden." You know what I'd like? Bin Laden to stand trial because we are a civilized nation. Democracy REQUIRES that we have as much transparency as possible, and people have a chance to prove or disprove in court. An assassination squad, no video, and a burial at sea and then the squad itself ends up getting killed in one plane attack -- well, it's just par for the course.

The same people were saying we were in Iraq to give them Democracy, were usually the same people who later said we should glass the place because "nobody ever gets along in those countries."

We are being told how dangerous Iran is, all the time - but this is from a country that attacked two nations based on lies. Iran was a nation that supported the US in Afghanistan and we betrayed them. And Iran hasn't invaded any other nation since we've been a country.

>> I wonder sometimes, if the US isn't actually supporting the Theocracy in Iran, because without us scaring them all the time, they wouldn't be electing hard line puppets for the Mullahs.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join