It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department Rejects Voter ID Law In SC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Justice Department Rejects South Carolina Voter ID Law

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

"Until South Carolina succeeds in substantially addressing the racial disparities described above, however, the state cannot meet its burden of proving that, when compared to the benchmark standard, the voter identification requirements proposed ... will not have a retrogressive effect," Assistant Attorney General Thomas E. Perez wrote Friday in a letter to the office of South Carolina's attorney general.

South Carolina's new voter ID law requires people casting ballots to show poll workers a state-issued driver's license or ID card; a U.S. military ID or a U.S. passport.

More like the Justice Department would like to see illegal aliens voting Democrat in the coming election. How is it that hard to get a state issued ID?? It's not! I can understand if it was required to have a drivers license, but a state ID or passport? Any US Citizen can acquire those. If "minorities" are to lazy to get their documentation in order, perhaps their to lazy to go vote?

But again.. we all know what this is about, it's about getting illegal aliens into voting booths.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If Obama doesn't get votes from all those illegals he's given a free ride, then he's gonna be hurting. I honestly can not see why a reasonable person would vote for Obama. He has done nothing to help this country and plenty to hurt it. He's the most do nothing, blame it on the other guy, spend it like it's going out of style president I have seen. I dread what the U.S. will become if he is re-elected.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wait, wait, wait...

Forgive my ignorance, as I have never voted (2012 will be my first time, I was only 18 during the last elections and did not know enough about politics to want to vote). People are not required to show valid IDs already when they vote?! I figured you would have to prove that you were a citizen by providing a valid ID before allowed in the booths - am I mistaken?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by celebration

In most states you do.. but those laws were passed prior to Obama. I know when I voted in Ohio I had to have two forms of ID. I've never voted for a President where I live now, I know in local elections anyways I mail a ballot, but I know to register as a voter I had to have a picture ID.

South Carolina's law is no different than numerous other states who require identification to vote.. but Obama is President now and it's his administrations call to reject new voting laws (which will then be brought to court). Under the guise of "race" no less, typical idiots. But you should check your local law, because most states require proof of name and address.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Rockpunk, thanks for the info! Obama's ridiculous. Doesn't surprise me him and his admin are trying to pull this; nothing he does surprises me anymore.

**CALLING ALL NON-US CITIZENS** (ESPECIALLY ILLEGAL ALIENS!)
Want to voice your opinion during elections easily? MOVE TO SOUTH CAROLINA!

new topics

top topics

join