It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting an END to the 'Ron Paul is racist' claims right here and now. Who will challenge me?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Starred and flagged.....and entire thread posted on my Facebook page.......BAM!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You can't "prove" someone isn't racist.

But we can look at his past actions and judge him based on it. His continued failure to want to discuss the issue does more harm than good for him.

If you want to ignore his past actions...that is your choice...many others won't/
edit on 22-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

They didn't quote him saying that, the sentence wasn't used in quotations so they CLAIMED he said that or changed the way it was presented.

Would you agree that if a journalist was to use a quote by somebody, that they would understand how to use quotations?

edit on 22-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

They didn't quote him saying that, the sentence wasn't used in quotations so they CLAIMED he said that or changed the way it was presented.

Will we be able to see this particular newsletter this sentence was written in. Plus, will we be able to see all of what Paul said during the interview?

.....or are we going by what a small article claims to be true?
edit on 22-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Ignore what? if you're going to be vague about it...who knows what you're talking about?

If you have something, bring it up...its either you do it now or when he's going toe to toe against Obama and you bring it up next year..same thing. Your choice.

link   
reply to post by buni11687

bohemianbrim just posted it on page 1, it was a link to an article.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
You can't "prove" someone isn't racist.

But we can look at his past actions and judge him based on it. His continued failure to want to discuss the issue does more harm than good for him.

If you want to ignore his past actions...that is your choice...many others won't/
edit on 22-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

OutKast, if you believe he has "failed" to discuss the issue then you haven't been paying attention. He's discussed it many times....that's the whole point. The questions have been asked and answered. Seems to me you're the one failing to accept that there is plenty of evidence to support that Ron Paul is anything BUT racist. You just don't wanna acknowledge it because you don't like him.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I think he needs to see a scientific poll first
to believe that Ron Paul isn't a racist.

No...wait...nope...never mind. Paultards (you know, those hippie, drug loving, anti-war rebels) spam all of the polls, even the 'so called' scientific ones so we can't believe any of them.

edit on 22-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

bohemianbrim just posted it on page 1, it was a link to an article.

I see that, but does anyone have an actual link to the newsletter in question? I would really like to read this. Are we only supposed to go off of what a journalist said without showing the newsletter in question, and just a few qutoes from Paul without seeing everything he said?

In all seriousness, can someone point me to something he has said....actually on TV or Audio...that is even a lip-slip that may make him seem racist?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Ah yeah the old dependable race card, if everything else fails you know someone is gonna throw it out as a last resort .

I think this is impressive this is the only dirt they can get on Paul ten year old letters? LOL thats it?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Serious question: what makes people think Ron Paul may be a racist in the first place? What evidence is quoted? It is possible to be racist and still engage with Afro-American communities. "My girlfriend's black, I can't be a racist" is a fallacy. Also, black people can be racist against other groups, prejudice is not one-way traffic.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Yup. That's a star, and that's a flag.

Excellent post. The END of Ron Paul is a racist on ATS. In fact, that post is SO good, I am going to bookmark it for future trolls trying to spread lies about RP.

eLPresidente (de los Estados Unidos) = Ron Paul? Let's hope so in 2012.

After that post, anyone claiming RP is a racist from here on out is a lying scumbag.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

thanks man...

I had more information (for the trolls that think that much info is not enough:lol
that I wanted to throw into the OP but my editing time ran out....what a shame...huh?

What I love about being a Ron Paul supporter is that it is so easy to be right and so hard to be wrong. This is the benefits of having the TRUTH on your side.

I can keep going with things that Ron has done for the black community and how they receive his ideas. I can keep going like the energizer bunny.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
Ok

I challenge you to explain this link someone posted on a news site talking about the CNN interview:

www.criticalreactor.com...

This same story [1996 Dallas Morning News] also appeared in the comment section at Raw Story today (per the Borger/Paul interview). Here is the response to that comment (quoting Matthew Long):

"...You speak from ignorance. The Texas Monthly in 2001 wrote this about the newsletters:
---
In spite of calls from Gary Bledsoe, the president of the Texas State Conference of the NAACP, and other civil rights leaders for an apology for such obvious racial typecasting, Paul stood his ground. He said only that his remarks about Barbara Jordan related to her stands on affirmative action and that his written comments about blacks were in the context of "current events and statistical reports of the time." He denied any racist intent. What made the statements in the publication even more puzzling was that, in four terms as a U. S. congressman and one presidential race, Paul had never uttered anything remotely like this.

When I ask him why, he pauses for a moment, then says, "I could never say this in the campaign, but those words weren't really written by me. It wasn't my language at all. Other people help me with my newsletter as I travel around. I think the one on Barbara Jordan was the saddest thing, because Barbara and I served together and actually she was a delightful lady." Paul says that item ended up there because "we wanted to do something on affirmative action, and it ended up in the newsletter and became personalized. I never personalize anything." His reasons for keeping this a secret are harder to understand: "They were never my words, but I had some moral responsibility for them . . . I actually really wanted to try to explain that it doesn't come from me directly, but they [campaign aides] said that's too confusing. 'It appeared in your letter and your name was on that letter and therefore you have to live with it.'"
---
As you can see, long before he ever made his run for president in 2008, Dr. Paul expressed regret that his campaign managers (when he was running for the House in 1996) didn't allow him to deny writing the content because they believed it would be "too confusing."

*snip*
www.rawstory.com...

I hope this has been helpful!
edit on 22-12-2011 by Habit4ming because: to include cited link

edit on 12-22-2011 by Springer because: don't resort to childish namecalling, focus on the issues not your fellow members.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Great post, and it really touches upon what I said about the journalist not wanting to quote the phrase on 'context' because he/she would have to add the actual CONTEXT of the quote, which had nothing to do with the discriminatory comments. UH OH.......who just got caught???

I would put this passage in the OP but my time to edit is over, but good thing its on the second page. This thread is going to be ultimate antithesis to the 'Ron Paul is a racist' accusations.

Good job everybody, way to take out the trash, and fight for truth & liberty at the same time

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

A THROROUGH DEBUNKING OF THE NEWSLETTERS

(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)

www.scribd.com...
edit on 12-22-2011 by Springer because: Correct formatting error

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Hey, I for one want to say thanks for this thread. A very good friend of mine was arguing this the other day, and I was searching on the internet to find the truth and it is a challenge. There is a lot of information and it is hard to determine sources. I support Ron Paul and think this could be a threat, so this does need to get out there. Thanks again!!

Ricky

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I am always moved when I watch the video linked below. . Ron Paul helped two Veterans of Hispanic origin get their long-overdue medals. That action is definitely not something a racist would take the time and effort to do!!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
calling ron paul a racist is just insane...and offensive to any rational person.
just plain disrespectful to one of the most respectful people living right now...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

This DOES NOTHING to prove that Ron Paul is not a Reptoid. You may have pulled the wool over everyone else's eyes with subterfuge and trickiness...but I see through the ruse. Anyone that has followed Ron Paul's history and voting record should deduce through sheer logic: that such consistent integrity clearly cannot belong to a human.

You fail!
Better luck next time!

Ron Paul is MOST ASSUREDLY a Reptilian Shapeshifter

This honestly got me laughing. I had no idea that there would really be a reptilian Ron Paul video.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join