It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking out of an interview with a major news source is no way to become President.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
or am i wrong about this?

how many interviews did Obama walk away from? Bush? Clinton?

what if instead of the wonderful quote we now have "that depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is", he had just gotten all flustered and pulled his mic off and walked away?

Its, by far and wide, one of the least Presidential things you can do.
all people are going to think now is that he cant handle tough debates, he cant handle criticism. and that hes avoiding this instead of really putting it to rest.

im sorry but "i didnt do it, lets talk about something else now" is not putting it to rest.
if he thinks CNN is the only one bringing this up over and over hes dead wrong, a lot of voters he NEEDS TO WIN are bringing it up over and over too and CLEARLY he needs to do a better job of explaining this issue.

i was really hoping for a while there, but after this? i have no hope.. not unless he turns this around.
edit on 21-12-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Already posted here, and be prepared to get torn apart.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Personally I like to see a man who's willing to walk away from slanderous idiots who demand that he explain himself over and over and over again

Why give them the time of day when they don't deserve it?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

well crap, i looked but obviously not well enough.

torn apart?

if i state the sky was blue im sure there are a few people who would take exception to that too.. it doesnt make the sky green though does it?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Personally I like to see a man who's willing to walk away from slanderous idiots who demand that he explain himself over and over and over again

because you want to become president of the united states.

obviously.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Never said "I" was the one that was gonna do it. I just meant there is a lot of hostility in the original thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim

well crap, i looked but obviously not well enough.

torn apart?

Yeah, pretty well torn apart.

Torn asunder, even.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

yeah well you dont win elections by shoving your head in the sand and pretending everything your candidate does is freaking roses.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I can see what you're saying. Politicians have their reasons for doing it, most likely reason is because they feel like they are being badger by questions being asked over and over. A topical situation is Ron Paul and the question about the newsletters. They do badger him about it, and how many times are you going to answer the same question over and over? But if I were him, I would have answered them anyway, with the same answer I've given numerous times, and that would basically stonewall the interviewer. The audience would have figured out the absurdity of it in time, uh, I would hope.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

It's my understanding that he never even wrote, or looked over ANY of those letters.
It is also my understanding that he has addressed this issue EVERY time it has come up, EVERY time he has ran for president.

So why is he again having to defend himself from something he really in a sense had nothing to do with.
It's just letters that some ass wrote and put RP's name on it basically.

Watch the interview in the other thread of RP on wolf Blitzer.
I think he defended himself pretty good.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Old axiom. "Never explain,your friends don't want to hear it and your enemies won't believe you anyway."

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Quite simply...it's a non issue. And if CNN was a "major news org" (come on now, they've compared themselves to comedy central) they would have those answers.

He's more of a Statesman than politician.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Also want to add, that I do agree with you to a point. walking off like he did is no way to win an election.
But at the same time I really can't blame the guy for getting frustrated with them throwing this in his face over and over.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
he needs to remember hes not doing all this to prove something to those that are already dead set against him, hes doing it to win voters. you dont do that by getting in a huff and walking out of an interview.

he should have something prepared to say on that subject, say it clearly so there is no doubt anymore, and if they continue to ask then just say "i have already addressed that issue, but i would like to take this time to talk about.. yadda yadda..."

thats how you act like the future president of the USA, you take the power and keep it and push forward, you dont give it away and retreat.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You didn't even post a link to the video? I watched the video, and he didn't walk out on anything. She says to Wolf Blitzer, "We got a chance to press Ron Paul on this today." She cornered him in an office setting, he was trying to leave, but he was cordial, and he answered the question several times, and she still kept badgering him, and he slowly and professionally exited.

There was no agitation, and there was no "walking out."

Go to the other thread, watch the video, and then comment on it. This is a complete non-issue, just like the letters.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Umm, he HAS already addressed that issue. TO DEATH in fact.
Every time he's ran he has addressed it repeatedly.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I would like to see the video.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink

It's my understanding that he never even wrote, or looked over ANY of those letters.
It is also my understanding that he has addressed this issue EVERY time it has come up, EVERY time he has ran for president.

So why is he again having to defend himself from something he really in a sense had nothing to do with.
It's just letters that some ass wrote and put RP's name on it basically.

Watch the interview in the other thread of RP on wolf Blitzer.
I think he defended himself pretty good.

because new voters are born every minute, and the kids are too busy tweeting about their latest bowel movement to research every time he defended himself.
ive seen it on pretty much every single news website i visit that allows comments, EVER SINGLE RON PAUL ARTICLE is FLOODED with people who call him a racist and a lunatic.
if he doesnt keep defending himself every single time then they will not all hear it, and if he walks out of just one interview he will justify their belief that hes just a crazy old man.. thats how this # works. thats why sane people dont want to run for president, even jackasses like H Cain figured that out.

if hes feeling upset about it, he should, and im sorry, BLAME HIMSELF for allowing a newsletter with his name on it to go out full of racist nonsense for 20 years or whatever without approving it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Video is here.
And the original thread that all above post should be in is in the link in my first post. right below the OP.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by getreadyalready

I would like to see the video.

Rawstory Link, scroll down the page about halfway there is an embedded CNN video.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join