It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Texts Tell Tales of War, Bar Tabs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Knowledge and maps of an ice free Antarctica

And thereby you fail. There is nothing of the sort. But we do know Antarctic has been ice covered for millions of years, though ice extent is less now that it was a few thousand years ago.

Science v Fiction. Your choice

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think the main failure of the so called experts is they believe there was a progression from clay to paper of various types. They do not and never take into account that there may have been wide spread use of paper and hide everywhere else in the world. Then a resource shortage that prompted clay.

Pointing to one small microcosm that put dents in clay as being the starting point for written language ...... is the admission of knowing nothing at all.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Hey Byrd...not sure why you are getting "Off Topic Post" happy but they do relate to the topic.

Apparently, if you have the female keeper put the beer on your tab during the summer, she will have the right to extract a tax from you, of unknown amount, in winter.
"If a female tavern-keeper gives [in] summer one beer-jar to someone on credit its nigdiri-tax will be [...] in win[ter]..." (Translation by Miguel Civil)
The lesson? If you live in ancient Mesopotamia don't put the beer on your tab.

It's a very odd combination if you ask me but the talk of beer is in the story.

Just thought I would add that in case you missed it.

When you remove those comments it makes it look like the other posters were strictly putting down the thread. Then it makes it look as if I had said something bad back to them when indeed that was not the case. Just my thoughts anyways.
edit on 21-12-2011 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

What an interesting subject you have brought to our attention!
I absolutely love the study of ancient cultures as they relate to the consumption of beer.
Do you think that the so-called "Tax" extracted was something more than just money?

PS- I find an interesting correlation between the Sumerians and myself.... Everytime I drink beer I want a ziggurat!

Better this time?

edit on 21-12-2011 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Knowledge and maps of an ice free Antarctica

And thereby you fail. There is nothing of the sort. But we do know Antarctic has been ice covered for millions of years, though ice extent is less now that it was a few thousand years ago.

Science v Fiction. Your choice

Antarctica was officially discovered in the 1800's. It was not until the advent of sonar and ground penetrating radar that academia knew what the land underneath the Antarctic ice looks like. Am I correct so far?

Are you able to debunk the following maps?

• Piri Reis Map
• Oronteus Finaeus Map
• Mercator Projection Map
• Philippe Buache Map
• Theatrum Orbis Terrarum Map

Two very nice threads about those maps:

On the Origins of Unexplained Maps

Antarctica And The Discovery Of A 2,000-Year-Old Map

How is it these maps were made before the 1820 discovery of Antarctica? How do these maps contain such detail about Antarctica before any official exploration of the continent began? How do these maps contain such pre-glacial features before the invention of planes, satellites, sonar, or ground-penetrating radar?

I would appreciate if you can debunk each and every map to illustrate how I have "failed" and am relying on "fiction."

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Are you able to debunk the following maps?

• Piri Reis Map
• Oronteus Finaeus Map
• Mercator Projection Map
• Philippe Buache Map
• Theatrum Orbis Terrarum Map

I would appreciate if you can debunk each and every map to illustrate how I have "failed" and am relying on "fiction."

It would be easier if you spent a few minutes and looked up the evidence for these presented by the fringe and the real information on them. If you then find you have a reason to question the orthodox facts please start up a thread for that.

I deal a lot with Piri Reis and its the easiest one to debunk - you need only look at it - it helps to read the margin information written on it too

Piri Reis compated to modern South America

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join