It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "see through" kid **PICTURE**

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Slow shutter speed

Also, seems to perhaps be a slow shutter speed with a setting of a flash at the end, this freezes the final position, but due to the subject moving (note his collar on the left) it has left what appears to be a see through section.

A check of the original file will (should confirm this).

Also, the exif data has all the important details missing... hmmm
edit on 18-12-2011 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

Edit. This is what I'm talking about. You'll see the same effect on the lady's shoulder in the photo at this site.

www.popularmechanics.com...

What It Is You can also show movement in an image using a flash technique called Second or Rear Curtain Sync. (The effect is also sometimes referred to as Slow Sync.) In regular flash photography, the flash automatically fires when the curtains of the shutter are opened and closed to freeze the subject at the beginning of the exposure. This lights up your subject, but darkens the background and blacks out detail. Using the Second (Rear) Curtain setting–available on most dSLRs–two flashes are fired: one at the beginning of the exposure after which the first curtain of the shutter closes; and another at the end right before the second curtain closes. Since there's a short period of time between the two flashes, the subject will be frozen in the shot, while the background details blur into movement-suggesting trails. Read more: Trick Photography Techniques - How to Shoot Trick Photos - Popular Mechanics

This.

And if indeed data from the exif has been removed i would not consider the file un-altered.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

This is a video I shot back in 2006, this was uploaded straight from the camera, no editing was done.

You can see as my friend moves in front of the building, he temporarily goes transparent. I don't see how it can be a camera malfunction like overlaying two images or anything, as the building follows perfectly in line through him.
edit on 20-12-2011 by solotraceurs because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-12-2011 by solotraceurs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by solotraceurs

You are right to say that it is not a camera malfunction.It is the camera working properly within the technical limitations it has and that does occur and quite frequently.It is not the first time i have seen these effects on photo's of friends and family and now here in this thread.Go and ask a profesional photographer about this and you will see for yourself.(preferably one that does not make it a hobby to talk about paranormal orbs in his photo's).

edit on 20-12-2011 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
OK, Stop. Just stop.

I've just had to trawl through 8 pages of this thread, not because it was gripping and intellectual, but because I am addicted to the facepalming that goes along with people trying to rebut what is obviously common sense, and clearly outlined by people with experience.

Here's a tip. When you make a post like this, it's a good contribution to ATS. People can use their experience to share knowledge with others. but when you continually rebut common sense because the answer isn't as fanciful as you'd hoped, that's when you're teetering on the edge of being put in the Hoax folder.

Just for the record - I do not believe that the kid in the background was running into the picture. He is leaning forward, as if to make sure he is 'in shot', and is posing with a smile on his face. nothing about him, his clothing, his expression or his hair suggests he is running.

On behalf of most people reading this thread, I will say it sounds like you weren't happy with the suggestions of others that the solution was a minor (and very common) photographic issue, and tried to embellish a little by claiming the other child was running (you repeatedly used capitals! He was RUNNING!). And then as 'further proof' of his running, you were able to recall that he tripped over after the photo was taken. Out of the 'lots' of photos taken that night, you recall he fell over after this one. But I don't buy it. He is clearly standing there posing. I don't need to hear you try to convince me otherwise - I honestly don't care. There is nothing surprising about this photo, there is no relevance to birthmarks or imaginary friends. He is not a ghost kid, nor is he transparent. You can go back to your everyday life knowing that you and this child are perfectly normal.

You say you just wanted people to comment, but you didn't. I know this because when numerous people with cumulative years of experience told you what was going on, you kept adding to the story and asking for second, third, fourth opinions.

Please, please, please let this thread die now. This is ridiculous.

Rewey

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

If i could flag posts i would have flagged yours but i cant so i starred it.It really is a shame that forums like ATS's are loaded with attention seekers desperate to get their suggestions justified together with a pat on the back making it so hard to sift through all the crap to find something at least interesting.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Interesting theories. Still theories none-the-less. The boy is obviously other-wordly, shifting in and out of this D.mension. We could learn much from this boy, maybe even time travel....

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Yes. Just let this post die.

I've scanned through all the pages because I thought it was interesting, but it seems like everyone is not contented with the comments.

edit on 23-12-2011 by markisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Talltexxxan

He is 4 almost 5 years old, diagnosed with ADHD.

Well, there's your problem. He was probably moving too fast when the picture was snapped.

lmao
my kid has adhd and you're right on the mark on that one!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_
reply to post by solotraceurs

You are right to say that it is not a camera malfunction.It is the camera working properly within the technical limitations it has and that does occur and quite frequently.It is not the first time i have seen these effects on photo's of friends and family and now here in this thread.Go and ask a profesional photographer about this and you will see for yourself.(preferably one that does not make it a hobby to talk about paranormal orbs in his photo's).

The image was taken at 1\60th of a second aka slow shutter. In that 1\60th of a second the middle kid moved (a rather quick move) and that is the reason for the double exposure. I was told another way to tell is the blonde hair having a red tint.

Confirmed by 2 master photographers with around 80 years experience between them. Of course this has already been stated but figured i would throw in their analysis.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I have a picture where I'm see through also. I was standing still in front of a fountain. I have also taken a picture of my son sitting still on the couch and he's see through on the pic also. I don't think that this is just some photographic anomoly or some photographer trick.

I think theres a lot about our environment and ourselves that we don't understand. Doesn't mean it's supernatural, but just something science has yet to discover or research. As for the photographers saying the op's pic is just a normal photo trick, I think they are wrong. Maybe the see through people or things have energy that is moving differently compared to the rest of the images in a picture. Maybe our cameras capture these anomolies from time to time.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA....wow. Do some people really not know how a slow shutter speed can affect a picture? This is completely ridiculous.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

And he has one black eye and one yellow mummy-looking eye. A mutant time traveler? (alol)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ive seen this exact photo and query on at least two other unrelated Paranormal sites/ forums.

...I'm talking going back at least one to two years ago...

Wag

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join