It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you planning on having children?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well, it's a good day for you since I intend to explain to you how you can make "experiments" on your kids with it being very beneficial for them as the effects will be instantaneous, continuously growing and last for the whole of their lifetime.

What's great is that it will cost you next to nothing! Well, aside from time and love. But that should be expected whatever the case, no?

We experimented on the brain, and began doing so a few months after conception, that is the third month; at the moment the said brain is formed.

Don't worry; what I will share with you is a 100% safe. Guaranteed.

I will start by telling you what we did, and what are the results we can see today, after more than 13 years, on 3 different cases.
_______

We decided to begin at the third month of pregnancy when the brain was wholly formed to begin communicating with our first child. That was 13 years ago.

We assumed that since a brain was already formed, it would be able to assimilate information.

Every night, then, at 7:30 I would start reading to our daughter, for a period of 30 minutes. We read all kinds of things, like kids stories, the Bible, the dictionary, science book, etc. Throughout the day, we would occasionally talk to her, of course, and tell her how much we loved her, and were happy to have her coming with us.
We explained what was the condition she was in, what would happen and how it was, outside the womb.

Before long, every time I began reading, or talking to my daughter, she would start pushing with her head, her feet or hands. I could grab and hold a little bit her feet, and she would try to escape, only to push back again a few seconds later.

As she would grow, we kept in mind another fact we had read everywhere. Neurons activated before 5 years of age remained active for the whole of the life, even if unused. We saw great potential in that.

So, a few months after she was born, we let her listen to foreign languages. If many languages could be "imprinted" in the neurons, it would be a useful tool in the world of tomorrow. And it is an easy thing to do and we did it for a couple of weeks, about 15 minutes a day. We did the same with touch, smell and taste.
We exposed her to opposites, and explained to her what it was. We also involved colors.

Every day, for 15 minutes, we would take the time to do this. And she was very active in participating, you could see she understood the differences but only lacked the tools to express herself as we did.

I will take a minute here to say one thing. While it is nice to speak like a baby to a baby, you only need to do it when you play, in special circumstances. Otherwise, talk to your infant as if it was already a grown-up.
It will only involve two languages ( yours and the baby's ), and before long, you will understand what they are saying because they will use the same sounds to point to the same things. Their body language as well is important as they will use the same sounds to express the linked emotions to it.

If you are attentive, you will find yourself engaged in conversations with your children, even before they are one year of age. They will tell you what they like, what they hate and what they fear. What they find funny and what they find to be boring. While it is true they will mirror you and those they see most often, you will discover what personality they already have.

So we did the same things with the boys we had after our daughter. All before 5 years of age.

How did it turn out?

First, I will say that reading every night to my daughter saved her life. When she was born, she had her umbilical cord around her neck. She wasn't pushing when it was time to get out, as if sensing the cord would cause her harm. When she was finally freed and out, and the cord was cut, she immediately turned blue.
She wasn't breathing on her own. The doctor and 3 nurses immediately went out with her and the remaining nurse invited me to follow them.
Outside the room, many nurses were looking down and pointing in a direction to me. She was under a heat lamp, with the oxygen mask in the face and still blue as a smurf. The team moved away as I got there since it had been about 40 seconds since she turned blue and she was totally unresponsive. They thought her lost.

I went to her side and whispered gently in her hear; -"Jeannie, are you OK?", with my hand on her head, kissing her forehead. She immediately raised her arms in the air, clenching her fists like they were mini boulders and took a long, deep breath, before crying her anger at the difficulty of her birth. Her nose had been compressed for a while before being delivered. Today, even if her nose is fine, she has trouble breathing through it. The event traumatized her a little, but she is slowly getting over it now.

You have problems making your kids eat those wonderful veggies? We never did. From the start, the three of them were breastfed, and when it was time to begin eating solid food, we rarely bought processed baby food. We prepared everything ourselves. Things were tastier, and we could offer more, in terms of different types of food. Ultimately, we were helped by those 15 minutes session we used to try different things when they were babies. They loved to taste extremes in tastes and textures, it was all play for them!
So when they were served a plate, they knew what to expect, and it was a joyful thought for them, instead of a chore.
But, to be fair, we allow them to refuse one food item they do not like. My daughter hates mushrooms and my older boy hates asparagus. At 18 months, they already loved spinach salads or Caesar's salads!

The first two are at school and have no problems at all. My daughter is a bit lazy and she still gets around 85... We try to push her a bit. She doesn't like that, but usually she finds it was helpful, in the end.

My older boy is a real genius already, seriously. He only gets As and 100s. He could have went straight to third grade from kindergarten, but he preferred to remain with his friends, at least for this year. So he is assisting the teacher to help other kids who have some difficulties. He loves to learn and to teach.
At age 4, he was playing with 800 pcs 3D puzzles already, building everything daily for many months.
He already knew how to write and read in kindergarten and when we began to teach him additions and subtractions, he came back with multiplications 2 weeks later. He thought it was easier to count that way...
He is also learning English and Spanish at the same time. And he is strong physically! When he was born, the first thing he did when we said hello was to put his hands on my girlfriend's belly, arch his back and raise his head, eyes open, searching for us!

He has recently discovered crosswords and he does 3 to 4 to relax when he gets back from school.

( continued next post )

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
if i ever get the chance to have kids and the situation im in life wise is good enough to support them then i would do exactly what you did more or less it a hell of alot better than parenting you see day to day. there is a thing i saw on tv dont know anyone whos tried it but it looked good, hope u like

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Our youngest son is now 3 and a half. Last week-end, he learned how to read capital letters in about 2 hours.
Since then, he has fun seeing them everywhere. It won't be long before he asks for the meaning of those groups of letters!
He is the shy one. But also the most explosive one. He began speaking directly with small sentences after getting burned when he was 15 months old; second and third degrees. It has rendered him a bit careless and he ended up hurting himself a few times in a bad way. ( He has a scar à la Harry Potter, thanks to his diving head first on his bed, accidentally throwing himself on a steel plate, hitting the corner. Cut himself to the bone... )
It's as if he understood life was short. He is the one who instinctively understand how one feels and shows a lot of empathy. He is stronger than his older brother, and shows signs of being as intelligent as his brother, but he expresses it differently.
And when he is tired, at night, he kisses us and goes to bed alone!

Of course, at the beginning I used the word experiment. But in truth, we used two scientific facts to allow our children to have their potentials maximized as much as possible.

I could brag and say it is all due to good genetics, etc. But it wouldn't explain everything. We had to get involved. As I said, to show the way, but I remain sure that talking regularly to them, almost from conception, and making sure they had as many neurons activated at the youngest possible age was the key to what we see them becoming today.

Of course, I touched only one aspect of human life here. We are more than just brains and neurons. But if you can ensure this part will be running at its best, it makes other problems much less difficult to manage in the end.

Our daughter is now a teenager. She tells us when she is not happy to have to do her chores, but 5 minutes into it and she's singing and dancing while doing them.

If you could give a name to this experiment, I would propose; parenting. As I said, it needs involvement and patience, but in the end, it will bear fruits that will profit to your children.

Thanks for reading.

Nowan.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

Thanks for that video! I have been saying for years that a child can recognize a character from a logo, so that shouldn't be too different from reading.

I've also seen that now some parents put their children over the toilet at one month old, and kids can do without diapers after a few weeks! That's money you can put on their future education!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

having a child is one of the most rewarding experiences there is.
I have a 4 yr old daughter. it blows me away how quickly she grows and how smart she is.
I became a parent at a younger age so i had to grow up quickly.
Its great to see something like this on ATS. S+F.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FonsoHarman

Thanks! I, too , have grown in unexpected ways as a human being since becoming a parent. And I love it!

I wouldn't trade a single second of it!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Interesting posts. You definitely love your kids and it shows - kudos to you and your wife!!

It's all an experiment, isn't it? Not much of a control group out there

I worked with kids for many, many years in a therapeutic setting, and all I can really say is that there are too many wild cards to have the 'experiment' turn out exactly as hoped or planned. Kids from all walks of life...completely disinterested and neglectful parenting to helicopter clingon parents. A general sweep of the brush would show that kids without much parental input fared worse than those with. But it wasn't always true...sometimes it went completely the opposite way. Sometimes the ones with the most security and attention broke the harshest societal boundaries, whereas the ones with little to nothing craved to fit within society's brand of excellence or perfection and went on to become wildly successful adults. Then there are the early bloomers (the early readers/talkers/academic stars) who get bored or burn out, and the late ones who find their crescendo in university or even beyond.

You just can't tell (general you, not specific you).

Good on you (specific you) for doing what you did - the breastfeeding already gave them a HUGE advantage in life - and I hope it all continues to go so excellently for you
You might want to wander over to some of the alternative parenting sites - there are many - who discuss exactly the ideas that you have, and some with longitudinal perspective.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cascadian

I know it doesn't protect them from turning bad, if that is what they are to become. That would mean I could have fathered a super villain... lol

But they are really good kids. They don't make problems. They are wild at times and don't listen, that's part of growing up. Sometimes, I let them go into the brick wall because it is a good lesson for them, it makes them wiser. And they get punished sometimes, but mostly, it's going great.

And yes, we love them very very much! What's even greater is that we gained their trust. That helps a lot.

Hmm, do you know of any good conspiratorial parenting site?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't know if the parenting sites are conspiracy-based, per se, but definitely more fringe than your average Walmart brand of parenting out there.

Do searches on, for example,:

attachment parenting
conscious parenting
alfie kohn
natural parenting

eg.

mothering.com
forums.naturalparenting.com.au...
forums.hippymom.com...

new topics

top topics

join