It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scare Tactics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Has anyone ever seen the show Scare Tactics? Its a new show on the Sci-Fi Channel. Its really funny.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I saw the one where they had some people in a taxi, and the taxi driver hit somebody with the car. The people start freaking out but the cabbie wont let them out of the cab. Then the guy that got hit comes over and pulls the cabbie out of the car and gets in and starts driving and crashes the cab into a wall.

Actually, I heard there's alredy a lawsuit against this show.. do you know anything about that?

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Which is understandable, as the victims are totally aware of what's going on...

The funniest I've seen so far, is this group of teens go camping in an RV...they get to their friend's camp, and see it all messed up, and blood everywhere...so one of the guys (an accomplice), gets out, and gets attacked by Bigfoot! Bigfoot comes up to the window, the girls are screaming, it was great!

In the same episode, another group of teens are driving to a party...they stop to pick up a hitchhiker, who is pretty scary...the hitcher then wants to stop by the side of the road, to go to the bathroom, so they pull over and he takes the keys while he goes to take a leak! Then, one of the accomplices looks in the hitcher's bag, and the group freaks, as they see a human head!!!
with flies buzzing in the car, the stench, whole bit! One of the guys gets "stabbed" they're all freaking out, now that's great tv!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That one was great, Gazrok. I especially liked when the victim started to beat up the "hitch-hiker"

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oh man this shows sounds f-ing hillarious, I gotta check it out

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The Jamie Kennedy Experiment blows that show out of the water.

What's so funny about a show just scaring people? Let's see how funny it would be when they scare someone who has a pace maker to death. You can literally scare someone to death.

That's the thing about that show. Everything must be staged because if something like that actually does happen hell will break loose.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Im not sure if its staged or not. Even if it is, its still a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Jamie Kennedy is just a really bad Tom Green wannabe.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What's so funny about a show just scaring people? Let's see how funny it would be when they scare someone who has a pace maker to death. You can literally scare someone to death. Posted by Illamtic67

I have to agree. First of all, I think it is rather juvenile to get your kicks out of scaring the piss out of someone by making them think their life is actually in danger.

What would happen if, (as is proscribed by law in some states) the *victim* honestly had grounds to believe their life or lives of friends/loved ones were in danger of death or serious bodily injury and reacted with lethal force, and seriously injured of killed an actor, not knowing it was a joke?

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Im pretty sure that when things get out of hand, the victims are informed of whats happening.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
They're not getting sued for anything, and nothing is staged.

The victims' FRIENDS set them up through the show, and sign a contract taking full responsibility for whatever happens to them.

Toodles

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
both of em are hilarious. jamie kennedy is dumb. wb's attempt at a 'me too' jackass. that movie was awesome too. the movie malibu's most wanted is just their hit off 8 mile, except more childish. punk'd on mtv, another mainstream station i don't watch much, has ashton kutcher and ppl goin around doin an mtv version of scare tactics, it's funny as hell.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well...I never said it would be a succesful suit

That hitchhiker one would have gone badly on me...as the heel of my hand would have gone into his nose!

I just saw an alien one the other night...teens are driving to a Rave in the middle of nowhere, the car stops, the radio goes funky, bright lights, then a 7' tall alien rips the car door off...Hysterical!

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw that rave one also, that guy took off and left his date in the car...LOL. I like the REPO guy one. Where the guy took the job as a REPO man, and had to take this maniacs stuff...That one was awesome.

The only down side to the show is, they don't carry out the scares for a very long time...as soon as they scare the piss out of the guy/girl , they inform them they are on a show.

Another good one was the gorilla, I never seen anybdoy scale a fence like that.

new topics

top topics

join