It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 US Drones Brought Down in 4 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The number of the hi-tech drones that the US has lost since 2007 in combat or while spying over other world countries reached 90 with the last one hacked by Iranian armed forces and brought down in the Eastern parts of the country almost intact 10 days ago.

The Drone Crash Database of the global research says thirteen drone crashes have taken place over the past ten months, including the stealth drone in Iran.

According to global research database, 25 large drones have crashed so far this year. Altogether the database records some details of 90 drone crashes since January 2007.

USAF accident investigation announcements reveal that three US Predator drones have crashed in Djibouti, one in March 2011 and two in May 2011. While there are only bare details at this stage, more details should become available when the investigation report is published. It has been known for some time that the US is using a base in Djibouti to launch drone attacks in Yemen and Somalia.

Also revealed by the USAF accident investigation announcement is that the drone that crashed in Jalalabad in Afghanistan on 20th August 2011 was a US Global Hawk RQ-4 drone. This was the first time that the database recorded a crash by a Global Hawk.

Other crashes include an Israeli Heron drone that crashed in Turkey. Many Israeli Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) have been brought down by the Lebanese Hezbollah group during the last few years, and Israeli officials have announced that they are concerned about cyber attacks by the Lebanese group.

Israeli military officials have also announced that Hezbollah has most likely hacked the drone command-and-control center of Israel in a virus attack.

Aviation authorities around the globe should explain why they have allowed the US and its allies to fly such dangerous UAVs in civil airspace. The continuing high level of drone crashes poses a big question in this regard.

I think that can help you understand why US calls Hezbollah , terrorist.

With all the drones taken down and getting out of hand , I wonder who is going to lose the money spent to make those high-tech drones ?
edit on 13/12/11 by hmdphantom because: what ?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well it is America I bet they outsourced the jobs to India/China to have them build the drones and now wonder why they aren't working properly

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That's what happens when you're spying on every freaking nation, country, state, person, terrorist, poodle, OUT THERE.

PS: oh and i also heard a theory from someone in the military, that they purposely landed the drone there to set up a false flag attack. AKA a drone is used to attack somewhere, and blamed on Iran. And the only reason i give this theory some credence is because the drone had NO damage to it! Like it was placed there on purpose!
edit on 13-12-2011 by dannotz because: add

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Well first off ATS T & C states that when you quote an outside sources you should post a link to said source. Second, this will help determine if that source is credible.

ETA: Drones are "Expendable" for a reason.
edit on 13-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Where's da source? Post linky, kthanks!

Thanks for the link! How much do these drones cost? For some reason $4 million is a number that comes to mind
edit on 13-12-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I think about 6 million as I found on internet.

I think we can not estimate the price of those high-tech drones.

The price to do the experiments to manufacture and enhancing the performance.

Then they put it in the production line. With a price of used materials and technologies in it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Are they counting the 2 hypersonic drones launched over the Pacific (WaveRider)?

Those were supposed to be able to land after reaching Hypersonic speeds.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
From the OPs link -

The Drone Crash Database of the global research ...

What the hell is a 'Drone Crash Database of the Global Research'??
Oh wait ... a cover name for the totalitarian Iranian Government no doubt.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
does the report say if the Drones were just for video intel. or were they Drones armed with 'hellfire' missiles

there's several articles that state the 'Enemy' allows the Drones to go about their missions because they can just buy a program for $29. which allows the terrorists/AQ/warlords/Aghani's/ to hack into the Drones streaming video...

this arrangement allows the hunted rebels to know just what the Americans are up to

So... i have serious reservations that 90 Drones were brought-down by Hostile fire
If anything the UAV 'Drones' wrecked or crashed because of electronic or communication problems/failures
and the acknowledged 'Losses' is a kind of propaganda on many levels;

human troops not killed or wounded, (drones good)
increased action by the Rebels, together with a greater degree of competence in taking out Drones (bad guys)
Military need to advance the technology, in the face of proposed Defense spending cuts (patriotism uber alles)

just about everything needed to pursuade the public that the Drone program is benign, humanitarian, troop sensitive
and the Drone programs need to be improved even as the civilian economy collapses

edit on 19-12-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

edit on 19/12/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I believe the 90 drone crashes discussed in the OP comes from another website called Global Research.

Here's the link: www.globalresearch.ca...

There are quite a few recent articles, including those discussing the one which 'crash-landed' in Iran completely intact.
edit on 19/12/11 by masqua because: redundancy

top topics

join