It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly blasts rock central Liege in Belgium

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me but it seems that there are more and more instances of people 'losing it'.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

Was just a thought

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hello

As I heard the latest news here in France , 4 people have been killed ( three young people (17 and 14 years old for two of them) and a 78 years old woman).
75 people have been injured with 7 of them very badly...
The shooter was 33 years old and alone.He was driving a van stuffed with one AK-47 , one 9mm pistol and several grenades...
He wasn't a terrorist or extremist but very well-known by the police who said it's probably some personal revenge act...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There is a shooter in Italy now too:

Italian man kills two Senegalese traders in Florence

According to reports it was a lone gunman and he is dead.

He is part of a far right group and is a published author.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I've heard on the news that the shooter had to go to a court hearing today for drug and weapon possesion.
He didn't show up. Instead he went to the xmas market and threw grenades in the bus stalls, after that he started shooting. I heared he shot himself afterwards but it could be the police, I'm not sure about that. But it was definitely 1 shooter and I don't think he had terrorist motives. Sounds to me like he was just scared of the outcome of the hearing and wanted to go out with a bang.
I really feel sorry for my neighbour country though. Belgium was always so safe.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A new update speaks of 6 dead, 123 injured.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

There was also the one on a street in LA this week that killed a Music Producer. The perp was yelling Allah Akbar.

Also, it appears that no one can be both criminal and motivated to commit terrorism. These two things are so obviously incapable of occuring in one human being. We all know that terrorist organizations *never* have small time weapons runners, and they surely never deal drugs. If you're planning on commiting suicide, there is also no built in "get-into-heaven" card if you take unbelievers with you.

These are NOT the droids you are looking for.
edit on 2011/12/13 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I read this thread last night and thought fair enough just another day on earth..
now the news is saying this is another 'lone gunman'.
What happened to the original reports of 2 or more attackers?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The other gunmen always go bye bye, never to be seen again.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti
I read this thread last night and thought fair enough just another day on earth..
now the news is saying this is another 'lone gunman'.
What happened to the original reports of 2 or more attackers?

There was someone else arrested, but they may just be someone misidentified.

There are always reports of multiple perps. Always. People in violent situations misidentify others as predators. The wiring for these responses in your brain are part of your oldest systems, and that's the function of them. Being reasonable is less important than being alive. Misidentifying others as predators is a safer bet for survival than not identifying a real predator. Therefore you are primed for these responses under these circumstances.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Why would there be ''far right cells'' across Europe? Anders was a left wing Zionist and he detested far right groups because he was pro Israel while far right wing groups aren't.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

That's some gross miscategorizations.

Neo-nazis are often left wing for example.

World is slightly broader than "left" and "right."

For example, many left wingers on this board detest Zionists, and don't like Jews very much. In Norway, disliking Jews and supporting Palestinians is a corner stone of the left.

While it would be convenient if people would line up all their issues and stay there....they don't.

Specifically, Behring Breivik wrote he isn't a Nazi, isn't a racist, and supports Israel's right to exist. None of these views are specifically distinctly defined as a right or left issue.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It is events like this which grant the governments tight(er) security with camera's and check points all over populated area's.

Wait a moment.....now I put on my alu-foil hat....Yep got it on...

It is made public that this shooter had several times contact with the justice department and was convicted for a crime.....could he be some kind of Mucharian Candidate....or was this some kind of satanic sacrifice for the belgian royal family? We all know that Holland had its "crazy civillian, lonely wolf" episode a few years back on its traditional queensday. That day a crazy person drove his car into a dense crowd and 6 or 7 people died that day, including the crazy lonewolf.

Just saying...

Now I take my shiny hat off again....just saying.

edit on 13/12/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Do small time drug dealers and weapons runners make good candidates for Manchurian candidates?

I'm not feeling it.

Nordine Amrani. The clue as to what he's about might be in the name.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

....or was this some kind of satanic sacrifice for the belgian royal family? .

uhum.... what???
I would really like to hear you explain the above sentense.... really...
pls do :p

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I feel a "pink ballet" reference incoming.....

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Nah, that's too public for a satanic sacrifice. They sacrifice children in some castle near the French border, forgot the name though.

edit on 13/12/11 by Staafke because: spelling

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I live in Belgium, here are some facts

33 year old Nordine Amrani was the only shooter, he was convicted for growing 2800 canabis plants at his home and weapon posession in 2008 and a sex crime (no more details about the last), he was sentenced to 5 years in jail of which he did a third. Since his release he's been on some kind of parole (best way to compare it with US law system).
He had to report today but didn't show up. In stead he threw 6 granates in a crowded x-mas market and started shooting around.
His motives are not known yet.

There are 4 people death of which two are teenagers, one elderly woman and the shooter who shot himself.
About 123 wounded.

on a side note,
this is headline news in Belgium
and the article on second place today: 'Belgium hits the world news!' (tss tss so typical)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's up to 6 now, including the 23 month old little girl who didn't survive her injuriess in hospital..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staafke
reply to post by GypsK

Nah, that's too public for a satanic sacrifice. They sacrifice children in some castle near the French border, forgot the name though.

edit on 13/12/11 by Staafke because: spelling

yeeeeea.... Belgium is not a good place for children.... with the satanists and priests and all
(pun intended ofcourse
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join