It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA boss visits Australia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
What is going on here? If this is the way Oz is going then we are screwed. I have not seen this supposed "camp" but i think it may be a bit close to suburbs and cities to be a realistic site for a "camp", although a sports stadium has plenty of room and facilities.
However, i have seen this next "camp" it is for illegal asylum seekers who are flooding Australia at the moment to the tune of 300-500 a week. These people are risking everything to get here and our weak government and their policies do not stop them.
This "camp" is being built at the site of an unused army camp that trained aussie soldiers to fight for their country and now our gutless government has handed it to the people we were ,and still are, fighting against.www.wa.liberal.org.au...... These detention centres are run by a company called SERCO, oh yeah , that name rings a bellwww.abovetopsecret.com... , and i am only guessing but i would think they are talking to FEMA, and asking for advice. what say you?
edit on 11-12-2011 by scratcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hey mate, i too am worried in the direction that our country is heading. can you please fix your link? To do so, copy everything fro Youtube after the = sign, then click on VID: YOUTUBE on the top right then paste, thanks

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
link should be ok now............oops

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have noticed as of late, that Serco is abandoning several detention centres and jails. Maybe they are gearing up for population control? Australia's FEMA camps???

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The Aust Govt is the U.S lapdog.
Gillards 'sell uranium to India' was not 'her' idea.
I'd bet that is part of US policy.
Fracking, more US on Bases, and corruption abound.
Ask your senator about food security, and you will get the soap box version, ask about Monsanto ... nothing but crickets chirping around the email in-box.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by scratcher

I guess I should state up front, I do believe there is something going on, I never have & never will trust our Government, especially while a traiterous Welsh cow is 'leading' us, BUT, I call this out as an old man who, despite the usual comment on here, NEEDS to take his medication.

While he is 'reporting' from the state north of me, our train lines are still connected, I see QRL go past my house at least once a day. I was born in '71, I used 4 trains per day to get to & from school. I have NEVER been to a train station that does not have tight security in those 40 years, in ANY of the 4 (of 7)states I have used their train system, I have never been on a train line (nomatter how long it is, though I know Country lines do lack way outside cities) that has not been lined with barbed wire (& with time replaced with razor wire), NEVER.

This old man who forgot to take his medication (lets not ignore the fact his 'Politician' never talked outside his hand) said himself that the cameras were pointed OUT, & his credible witness could not talk without his hand in front of his mouth.

Please accept that I am more than willing to accept that the traiterous gillard is up to something, I guarantee she is, but this is just rubbish, it is, & has been for over 30 years, standard practice with at least the NSW rail network (the largest in the nation) & the 'compound' he points out is nothing more than the States rail authority complying with Union (who I hate) demands that their members, & their cars, be safe. To be honest, its a union breakthrough miracle that they won the right to have a cover over their cars !!

As we say down here, this man is a dithering old fool, & shame on anyone who does anything but patiently listen to his rants as you do a grandparent in their final years. I know that, as far as NSW is concerned, our rail corporation has been concerned about people getting killed by trains for as long as I have been alive. I know that both Victoria (especially) & Queensland will soon follow us due to increasing public outrage at rail crossing deaths. The public demands safer rail crossings, why blame the railways for making it as long as possible ?? It is about 100km from my home to Sydney by train, & I guarantee you that every single metre of that is either fenced or a bridge/tunnel, which are also fenced off even better.

OK yes, he is at a station, so what, even more reason to make sure people dont get onto the tracks, & OBVIOUSLY, with the aforementioned Union demands, yes, staff areas are also secure.

No, I dont work for the Govt or railways, I'm actually in a fight with the Govt, one I despise, so Im not writing this to defend them or defend my job, I'm just saying, this old man needs to accept the fact he has not been let out of the aged care centre for many decades & needs to realise life has changed, TV has got colour now & it's not just in his head, but this rubbish is.

In anticipation of another rebuttal, towns & cities expand, you may live 'out bush' but guess what, the city is coming for you, my town is now officially a city so I know ! Suburbs expand with the population, & with that, so does the security its citizens & railway workers demand. Its a train station that is trying to make sure it does not get sued by the families of drunk fools who walk in front of trains, & its employees who dont want their car stolen. This is nothing but rubbish.

Thanks for wasting about 14 minutes of my download ! It's time we went & played some bowls.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

I feel sorry for that MP, whoever he is.

I know they have to get out and mingle with people in their electorate, but a line has to be drawn sometimes!

I would have told the old codger to piss off.

Oh and the high security fenced area is as the polly said it was, a stabling yard, or at least it will eventually will be.

It's set to hold 10 three carriage electric trains as part of the Queensland rail upgrade.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by SNAFU38

I feel sorry for that MP, whoever he is.

I know they have to get out and mingle with people in their electorate, but a line has to be drawn sometimes!

I would have told the old codger to piss off.

Oh and the high security fenced area is as the polly said it was, a stabling yard, or at least it will eventually will be.

It's set to hold 10 three carriage electric trains as part of the Queensland rail upgrade.

Good point, you could see how uncomfortable he was being on camera, he was just there keeping a voter happy & his speaking into his hand in that wind was an obvious signal he was just there for that reason & didnt want to 'go on record'. Could the OP tell us who he is & where he represents (as you say, whoever he is, I've never seen him), in what status ? He may be a politician, but does he 'answer' to 100 voters or a few million ? I bet the former, hence he had the time to respond to such a moronic suggestion. No offence, but this is not the USA or Europe, we have cattle stations bigger than many European nations (though gillard is selling them to China). You go onto one of those stations without permission, you get shot at, & we have gun laws here !

I also forgot to ask the OP, exactly who is the FEMA guy in this ?? If he is in the 2nd video, I'm sorry for not wasting my time, I really struggled to make it through the 1st video but felt I should.

I could easily believe something is in the plans we wont like, Easily, but if your looking for it around train lines & this old fool, your looking in the wrong place, they have never been secret about their desire to keep their property enclosed & the lawsuits (ie deaths due to trains) minimal for the 35 years I have been riding trains. Show me FEMA, show me proof other than some old guy talking rubbish to the wind & an uncomfortable Local politician. I am willing to believe, but come on dude, seriously ??

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
They were trying to sell of HMAS Coonawarra (land base) now known as Defence Establishment Berrimah. They had groups of suits walking around looking at the properties (army housing); I remember one group of Asian descent. I mainly remember this group in particular because I was like WTF. I do not know if it got sold or not.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
They were trying to sell of HMAS Coonawarra (land base) now known as Defence Establishment Berrimah. They had groups of suits walking around looking at the properties (army housing); I remember one group of Asian descent. I mainly remember this group in particular because I was like WTF. I do not know if it got sold or not.

HMAS Coonawarra is an RAN logistical base. It houses the obvious logistical facilities, sporting grounds, & military housing, not much else, as you say its a landlocked Navy base, while one of the several army bases there is where the Navy has its boats.

I wouldn't be too shocked that the ADF is selling that base (it was useless in '92, other than married quarters) as they have already sold the (literal) landmark East Head (correct if wrong) in Sydney where we defended in the great wars. Selling historical pieces of military land is unfortunately a Labor Govt practice of late in an attempt to fix their bad performance, & Coonawarra, honestly, was pointless.

What you say about who you saw looking at buying it is surprising, but yet again, with gillard, Im not sure why Im surprised, she sold everything else of ours to them. I know theres nothing there other than land, but still, it is land in the middle of what is rapidly becoming our nations only Military city, & if you look at the massive increase in housing prices there due solely to the military increase, that land is very handy to our military for just that purpose. I never understood why we moved most of our military there, the closest place to any enemy we may have, other than penguins.

Gillard aside, I do hope we kept Coonawarra (Berrimah keeps getting bigger doesnt it
, Australians need that land & I dont know why we would sell it to China considering it is under 5km from our most important Army & Air Force bases.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Please look through my thread "The sports facilities are the detention/relocation camps"

The guy who made the video with the member of parliament says the same thing, and I did not get the idea from him. There's lots of stuff in that thread that proves the point, and a lot of google map screenshots/coordinates to look over...

www.fema.gov...

BILOXI, Miss. -- Even in the mind-numbing heat that defines summers in Mississippi, boys and girls still eagerly take to the field to play America's pastime. A softball field at the Rudy Moran Sports Complex in D'Iberville, named in honor of a former county employee, will be open for business within a week and local high school softball teams can hardly wait.

The softball field was used as an emergency temporary housing site for nearly 40 families after Katrina. Two years later, the trailers are gone and teams are gearing up to play again...

...The parks and recreation director receives regular help from Jerry Harper, a FEMA contractor monitor...

..."We understand housing people is more important than sports. And all of our leagues have been great about working with each other knowing FEMA trailers were still out here,"...

Eight of the 12 closed parks that temporarily housed more than 600 families across the Gulf Coast have been remediated and returned to their local communities.

What's the difference between a refugee/relocation camp/emergency center and a prison camp? The type of fencing used and some guards? Isn't that exactly what the recent KBR memo is asking for?

www.aptac-us.org...

a document originating from Halliburton subsidiary KBR that provides details on a push to outfit FEMA and U.S. Army camps around the United States. Entitled “Project Overview and Anticipated Project Requirements,” the document describes services KBR is looking to farm out to subcontractors. The document was passed on to us by a state government employee who wishes to remain anonymous for obvious reasons.

that document...

KBR
Government, Defense & Infrastructure

Project Overview and Anticipated Project Requirements

Project Overview:
KBR is establishing a National Quick Response Team for our current Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) work, and for anticipated future contracts. Upon completion of evaluation, certain subcontractors may be invited to establish a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with pre-established lease rates and terms and conditions.
The Continental US will be broken up into five regions as indicated in the map below...

Services will be required in each State within each region.

Anticipated Project Requirements:
Establish services listed below within 72 hours for initial set-up and respond within 24 hours for incremental services. This is a CONTINGENCY PROJECT and it should be stressed that lead times will be short with critical requirements due to the nature of emergency responses. Subcontractors must be flexible and able to handle multiple, shifting priorities in an emergency environment. Supply lines needed must be short but not necessarily pre-positioned.

The personnel on site to be covered by these services will depend on the size and scope of the recovery effort, but for estimating purposes the camp will range in size from 301 to 2,000 persons for up to 30 days in length.

- The offeror will not have to submit a proposal for each service in each state.

- Please identify which state and/or region your company can perform the requested services. The descriptions of the services are for reference only. Any and all specific requirements will be forthcoming with a detailed Statement(s) of Work in an RFP solicitation.

- Catering Services
This service is open to companies that wish to provide food preparation services only, and to companies that wish to provide the food supplies in addition to food preparation services. Subcontractor shall provide food and food preparation services capable of providing meals per feeding sufficient to meet the prime contractor occupancy levels. All meals may be prepared in accordance with the Army 14 Day Menu program (or equivalent like NIFC Mobile Food Services contract (fs.fed.us...) and may be enhanced based on individual
chef specialties and skills.

- Temporary Fencing and Barricades
Subcontractor will mobilize, transport, erect, install and demobilize temporary fencing,
barricades, and associated equipment according to federal, state and local laws, codes and manufacturer installation instructions. The Subcontractor shall be able to mobilize and deploy key personnel(s) within four (4) hours of NTP to meet with KBR Site Manager at the Responder Support Camp (RSC) site in order to finalize the site design plan and acquire site specific design requirements and layout.
Number of linear footage:
Approximately 2,300LF for a 301 person camp after 36 hours of NTP
Approximately 3,600LF for 1,000 person camp after 72 hours of NTP

- Hand Washing Stations
Subcontractor(s) shall provide all labor, management, supervision, transportation, tools,
material, equipment, fees, and incidentals to provide portable, self-contained hand-washing stations for temporary camps for emergency First Responders in accordance with OSHA CFR 29 1910 and additional State and Local regulations. Major operations within this function include transporting hand-washing stations for initial placement around camp and repair or replacement, if necessary.

- Laundry Services
Subcontractor shall provide laundry services with no more than a twenty-four turnaround time (time from customer drop-off to customer pick-up). The structure can be a tent, fabric shade structure or container of the adequate size to receive dirty laundry and issue clean laundry from separate issue and receive desk. The subcontractor will perform the laundry service at their offsite facility. The facility must be adequate size to meet the services turnaround requirement. The facility shall have equipment capable of cleaning medical and Petroleum-Contaminated clothing. The subcontractor shall perform washing, drying and folding of laundry.

- Medical Services
The subcontractor will provide a medical unit(s) capable of handling all medical emergencies in accordance with American Heart Association, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) at a minimum. The subcontractor shall have the capability to provide medical support during the phase-in of a camp for 100 personnel within 36 hours of notification. The subcontractor must be ready to provide support for full camp occupancy no later than 72 hours after notification. The medical Unit shall be equipped to provide basic care for minor illness and injury; this will include
dispensing of common over the counter medications. Medical personnel shall provide medical services to FEMA first responders and contractor employees 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

- Office Trailers / Administration Area
Subcontractor will mobilize, transport, install and demobilize Office Trailers and associated equipment according to federal, state and local laws, and manufacture installation instructions. The Subcontractor shall ensure flooring, lighting, HVAC and other associated equipment are of good operable condition and function properly in accordance with specified and industry standards The Subcontractor will be capable of transporting, setup and have the office operational within 36 hours from NTP.

- Potable Water
Subcontractor will perform, Potable Water Collection, Transportation and Distribution Services according to federal, state and local laws. Major operations within this function include providing Potable Water to abolition units holding tanks, Shower units Holding Tanks. The Subcontractor shall be available 24 hours per day for emergency Potable Water request. Subcontractor shall respond within two (2) hours to emergency water request.

- Power Generation, Fuel Delivery / Supply & Electrical Distribution
Subcontractor shall have the capability to provide power generation, fuel delivery / supply and electrical distribution for a camp sized for 2000 personnel capacity. Major operations within this function include providing electrical distribution to a centralized location within site premises for the purpose of providing an electrical connection point for other subcontractors to terminate their main distribution cables.

- Refuse Collection
Subcontractor will collect, transport, and dispose of solid waste in accordance with EPA 40 CFR 243 and additional State and Local regulations. Major operations within this function include waste container management and maintenance, emptying of waste containers and disposal of collected refuse in a certified landfill. Additional the subcontractor will support a recycling program with a goal to recycle 35% of waste generated from the RSC operations.

- Shower and Toilet Units
Subcontractor shall provide Shower and Toilet units, with HVAC/ECU and associated
wastewater collection tanks and potable water holding tanks and equipment associated such as pumps and piping. All water supply equipment shall be rated for potable water supply in accordance with ANSI/NSF 42, 53 and 61standards and applicable EPA, state and local standards and requirements. Water sampling and testing will be accomplished by others.

-Tentage, Flooring, Electrical & HVAC/ECU
Subcontractor will mobilize, transport, erect, install and demobilize tentage, and HVAC/ECU and associated equipment. Major operations within this function include providing flooring, pole or clear span tentage, HVAC/ECU, electrical distribution within tents, ceiling lighting, exit signs, and fire extinguishers/smoke alarms.

- Waste Water Removal
Subcontractor will perform, Waste Water Collection, Transportation and Distribution Services according to federal, state and local laws. Major operations within this function include removing Waste Water to toilet units holding tanks, shower units holding tanks. The Subcontractor shall be available 24 hours per day for emergency Waste Water Removal request. Subcontractor shall respond within two (1) hour to emergency request.

IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SUBMIT A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF YOUR
SERVICES/CAPABILITIES TO THE FOLLOWING:
Bob Siefert at [email protected]

compare those requirements, and the following requirements, with the thread about the sports facilities being used as camps...

Enemy Prisoners of War and Civilian Internees
www.globalsecurity.org...

Part Two addresses handling, securing, and accounting for EPWs and CIs. The MP performing EPW/CI operations must follow specific ROE and ROI applicable to this category of I/R operations. The EPWs and CIs are not treated as DCs or US military prisoners. Leaders and soldiers must be knowledgeable of the Geneva and Hague Conventions, applicable protocols, ARs, and US laws. During war or military operations other than war (MOOTW) involving US forces, the accountability and safe, humane treatment of captives are essential. The US policy demands that all persons who are captured, detained, or held by US forces during conflict be treated humanely. This policy applies from the moment captives are taken until they are released, repatriated, or transferred. Chapter 3 describes division collecting points (CPs) and corps holding areas (CHAs) that may be established throughout the battlefield. Chapter 4 addresses procedures for EPWs, and Chapter 5 describes procedures for CIs. Chapter 6 addresses unique planning requirements to be considered when operating an I/R facility.

Chapter 3
Division Collecting Points and Corps Holding Areas

A large number of captives on the battlefield hampers maneuver units as they move to engage and destroy an enemy. To assist maneuver units in performing their mission

3-24. Do not speak to captives except to give orders or directions. Do not let captives talk to or signal each other. This prevents them from plotting ways to counter security and plan escapes. An uncooperative captive can be gagged in certain tactical situations; however, only use a gag for as long as needed and ensure that it does not harm the captive.

CENTRAL COLLECTING POINTS

3-46. A central CP (Figure 3-3) is larger than a forward CP, but it has a similar setup and operation. The larger holding capacity of a central CP requires additional MP. If sufficient MP are unavailable, it is augmented by a division, corps, or EAC band to assist with perimeter security. Captives are provided food, water, first aid, and medical attention as required.

3-47. As stated in the division OPLAN or OPORD, a central CP is located near the division support area (DSA) in an area that prevents captives from observing activities within the DSA. It is also located near MSRs to make delivery, evacuation, and resupply easier.

CORPS HOLDING AREAS

3-55. A CHA (Figure 3-4) can hold more captives for longer periods of times than a central CP. Depending on the availability of MP units to establish I/R facilities, corps MP units must be prepared to hold captives at the CHA more than 72 hours. If the CHA keeps captives more than 72 hours, MP must plan and coordinate for the increased logistics and personnel required to operate a long-term facility. The decision to hold captives longer is based on METT-TC and the availability of forces. Captives remain in the CHA until they are evacuated to an I/R facility or until hostilities end.

3-56. A CHA receives captives from CPs and units that capture them in the rear area. Usually, one CHA is established to support each division conducting operations. However, additional CHAs may be required based on the—

Size of the corps area.

Type of terrain.

Length of the LOC between the CHA and the division central CPs.

Number of captives being moved.

3-57. A CHA is usually located near a base or a base cluster in the corps rear area. When selecting a site—

Coordinate with the unit responsible for the area (terrain) and the corps rear CP.

Conduct a recon to select a location.

Is it adjacent to an MSR, a railroad, or an airfield?

Are existing buildings available?

Is it close to supply facilities?

CONSTRUCTION

3-58. A CHA is more permanent than CPs. Existing structures may be used and are preferred. The capture rate and the captive categories determine the size of the CHA. A multistory building has a smaller perimeter to guard; however, it requires using guards on each floor and may present a security risk for the guards. Depending on the tactical situation, perimeter lighting can be used.

3-59. When constructing a CHA, divide it into two or more compounds for segregation, security, and ease of control. Consider providing more than one entrance into the CHA. Include a reception area for further processing, searching, and examining of selected captives by MI. Include sanitary facilities (showers and latrines) and shelter (tentage and existing buildings) from the elements and direct and indirect fire.

3-68. Consider the following when planning an MI screening site:

The site is located where screeners can observe captives as they are segregated and processed. It is shielded from the direct view of captives and is far enough away that captives cannot overhear screeners' conversations.

The site has an operation, administrative, and interrogation area. The interrogation area accommodates an interrogator, a captive, a guard, and an interpreter as well as furniture. Lights are available for night operations.

Procedures are implemented to verify that sick and wounded captives have been treated and released by authorized medical personnel.

Guards are available and procedures are implemented for escorting captives to the interrogation site.

Procedures are published to inform screeners who will be moved and when they will be moved.

Accountability procedures are implemented and required forms are available.

COLLECTING POINTS IN OTHER OPERATIONS

3-69. The CPs can also be operated during river crossing, amphibious, airborne, armored, and air assault operations:

River crossing operations. Establish temporary CPs on entry and exit sides of the river (corps MP often take control of CPs). Return from the exit bank and evacuate captives to the rear, preventing interference with tactical operations and protecting captives from hostile fire. Coordinate with traffic control personnel at the crossing site to prevent interference with assault forces who are moving forward. Use a secondary crossing site if available...

top topics

join