It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On American Soil ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
ok that might be over the top , but this is the Gov and we all know what the GOV does er does not do, that is get things done and or right, there is going to abuse misuse and the innocent jailed like never before, but do not take my word for it, let it come and see what happens. I am hoping for nothing more than the "P" act TSA DHS they do not bother me fun to pick on TSA touchy feely, DHS , wire taps and spy's in the sky, Videos on the stop lights, see, say what you see, see? FBI is the Home front CIA that runs the DHS ,that tells TSA not to talk to NSA, that is the USA. It would be nice to see the DHS is SS leather would it not? TSA has the latex down does it not?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

My post was about Subtitle D, Sections 1031 and 1032, of S.1867... the Defense Appropriations Bill that you brought up. Everything you just rebutted me with had to do with other legislation and regulations.

There are concerns about sections of the Patriot Act (definitely unconstitutional IMO) that would change the dynamic of a citizen response (or ability to respond) to a foreign threat on domestic soil; I think it is no secret Obama and quite a few other 'leaders' would like nothing more than to leave the USA citizenry defenseless. The recent actions by the TSA are a good indication of how much disarming we will accept as a society.

But nothing in S.1867 does. And if there is a sure way to guarantee that no one in mainstream society will listen to you, it is to cry wolf over bills that have nothing to do with wolves.

That's why I pretty much ignore Alex Jones.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I read through his whole thread. There are many many American posters, saying they are armed to the teeth, that so many people in America carry guns, that they are ready for an army to invade.

Am i to believe that a redneck in the sticks, or some guy in Texas with 100 guns, can stand up to an well trained military force, trained for urban warfare, fighting as a unit, and not some random renegade? Because this is how it is sounding to me, reading it as a neutral observer.

The arrogance might be the downfall in the end.

vvv

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
WOLVERINES!!!

I don't know about a large scale invasion, but I certainly would not rule out small scale open border skirmishes to our South and larger scale covert border penetration directed to larger cities.

Obama wants to further decrease National Guard deployments on our Southern border and wants to use border kiosks for entry. Every attempt has been made to keep that border loose for a reason that still has me baffled. This administration continues to demonize every state that wants to secure its own border with Mexico for no reason other than Political Correctness.

Iranian Qods have been building up in Latin America for years and they have been greasing the palms of the drug cartels along the way as they establish an underground railroad of sorts that leads them right to the US border.

We've seen the increased sophistication of "drug smuggling" tunnels very recently. Tunnels that are large enough to move hundreds of people and equipment at a time. By the time these tunnels are discovered just imagine what has traveled through them prior to discovery and also imagine the other undiscovered tunnels just like them.

Why does Obama want to reduce boots on our Southern border?

President Barack Obama will reduce the 1,200 federally paid National Guard troops deployed along the U.S.-Mexico border amid questions about the cost and fading impact of a marquee operation to back the U.S. Border Patrol, the Houston Chronicle has learned.

The Obama administration will revamp the way it deploys military personnel along the boundary, shifting from “boots on the ground” to stop people from crossing illegally to a broader mission that relies on aerial detection and additional border intelligence analysis.

blog.chron.com...

I know its a numbers game but you still need boots on the ground to intercept border incursions detected from the air. I am not sold on this idea yet. Bring all troops home and station them to the north and the south.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I'm sorry, but this just isn't the case. a ground invasion is completely plausible and it would mean a LOT of people would die. China has 100 million soldiers and the majority of the transport ships come from China. They could load up artillery and troops in the 100's of thousands on just a few of those tankers and start by setting up and taking control of the ports.

Also, they could team up with Mexico and bring an auxillary invasion force through Mexico. If you combine that with one or more atmospherically detonated nukes creating EMPs and you have the mix for a potentially (not really, but they could believe it to be) invasion force.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

One thing to consider is that those "rednecks in the sticks" may very well have prior military training and it does not take a large force to overcome a large force. That is the basis of our Special Ops teams that are more than capable of taking out forces that sometimes outnumber them 20, 30, or sometimes even 50 to 1.

I am prior military and was in a Special Ops group and during DS1 and several other Mid-East campaigns we obliterated forces that outnumbered us many times over. You have to also take into account the fact that these "rednecks in the sticks" have the home-court advantage, and that really does mean a lot when engaged in ground combat. Knowing your terrain and the places where you can bottleneck forces or weaken their supply routes goes a long way in a ground war. Look at the casualities that were brought upon us by small bands of Viet-Cong groups in 'Nam as well as the battles won by the resistance fighters during WWII.

Now I'm not saying that every civilian in America has these skills, but you can bet your ass that there is a very large number of us out here that do and while we may not win the war, we will definately do our part to win the many battles. That is, afterall how wars are won, one battle at a time.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I read ATS often but hardly ever post......I live in the NY area near buffalo.....the past 2 days there have been military planes in the skies above at night....usually in groups of 2 or more.....I have never seen anything like it.....hearing of similar sightings in the US.....makes me wonder if the military is preparing for some kind of an attack....these are very advanced aircraft.....so much so my 23 yr. old son thought they were UFOs....with all this talk of WW3 it makes me think the military is preparing for something big.....can anyone elaborate?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGod

You're underestimating how many ex-military there are out there.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

Well said. My thought was to use cargo ships with containers of troops. Many will claim they could never have the logistics to bring in heavy items such as planes, tanks, ships. No need to do so really, as we have plenty here that just needs a strong enough armed force to take them.

SpecOP team to penetrate the base full of Apaches, open a way for a main attack force to enter, pilot come in at the end to fly the Apaches out.

So the same for tanks, jets...ships are harder to take, but with air support, they could nab a few ships along the way. Key is to hit fast and at multiple places. Solves the tech gag pretty quickly as well as the logistics of bringing in equipment.

Even good fighters go down quick if you kick them hard enough in the knees... everything has a weak point. Heck they don't even need to bother with EMP's at that point.

As for the pesky well armed private citizen. Just hope they can't organize into effective units.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
A land war within the continental US would not go well for the invading armies.

The rest of the world has no idea how armed we (the citizens) are.
Texans especially.

Some of you would not believe the incredible amount of firepower the average Texan has.
We're ready.
You think Texas is armed you should see Detroit. Texans carry revolvers Detroiters carry AK's and MAC10's. Half of Detroit is illiterate more people own guns then can read.
edit on 14-12-2011 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
You folks may mostly have it COMPLETELY WRONG
The US is already OCCUPIED right under your noses and gun sites

The US Senate's Defense Authorization Bill redefines America as a "battlefield" and authorizes US troops to conduct military arrests of civilians on US soil, and to indefinitely detain citizens without charge or trial. The ACLU wants you to write to your senator and demand that this insanity not pass.

boingboing.net...

the US is the battleground, freedom is the target, and the banksters who represent tyranny are the agressors NOT NATIONAL agressors GLOBALIST agressors

the TSA and the fema etc are indications that you are ALREADY UNDER OCCUPATION...according to defence departement proceedures for controlling an occupied state

The main point is foreign occupation, not government agencies searching you for weapons before you get on a plane. Also, "battleground" Bill isn't going to affect you, so relax.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

would never come to that, DHS TSA and FEMA, with the aid of Sate and Local leo's would come get there guns one by one, The "legal citizen" does not stand a chance of defending them self's nor would defend them selves against the FEDS TPTB. The use and term of "Battlefield" has long reaching use, laws and, power. to understand more here is one link usmilitary.about.com... here is the better one www.au.af.mil... think you defend your self from the FED read this www.au.af.mil... page 22 sub text 49 to to end is really good reading

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

well that depends if your a Constitutionalists, a supremacist or a terrorist to the Gov there is no difference so is a survivalist is now on the same list, so says FBI and DHS, and there watch list.

edit on 14-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Who knows, the Chinese might be digging a tunnel right across the Pacific, they are a very patient and determined people.

One day in the future,"Tunnel break Out", just may happen.

Very very long shot though.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by SeventhSeal

well that depends if your a Constitutionalists, a supremacist or a terrorist to the Gov there is no difference so is a survivalist is now on the same list, so says FBI and DHS, and there watch list.

edit on 14-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

Pretty sure this was already installed under Bush with the Patriot Act.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Who knows, the Chinese might be digging a tunnel right across the Pacific, they are a very patient and determined people.

One day in the future,"Tunnel break Out", just may happen.

Very very long shot though.
a tunnel? as i said previously china has already aimed for idaho air space - presently they are proposing to build a city - endoftheamericandream.com...

cwick.praeclarus.net...

www.sinodefenceforum.com...

they are already here!
edit on 15-12-2011 by musselwhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
well meibe you should check out this trailer from a game called "Home Front".
North and South Korea reunite, launch an EMP and invade the U.S...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Azekual

That's a nightmare scenario.

Seems all too likely though, doesn't it? Or at least something similar...

But for all their resources, they can not match the resources of the global superpower. Yes, we're having issues, that's obvious... but issues tend to disappear when the chips truly are down. An open war with the US is a no win scenario for any nation state, or organization.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join