It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: Alien contact could be risky

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
Hawkings is spreading fear for the weak willed masses to fall back into line. They promised him a new computer voice that doesnt sounds like an 80's robot :3

New robot voice?? Most likely the Illuminati-zionist-nephilim-bloodline apparatus promised him a Grey-based cloned body and transference of his mind/soul to it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's just a result of his Discovery channel tv series - it's all hype. It wouldn't be very exciting for the masses if he said " i think there's some tiny microbes out there" or "there may be aliens who've become really peacefull and nice out there". Angry, world destroying aliens are a far better tv proposition.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Of course im kidding. Have we lost our humor now? Heres a theory... Energy sensitive/psychic/intuitive whatever your term, can feel their energy being drained by a negative person. I know for me when i am around someone who is negative, agitated, angry anything unappealing they instantly drain me of my energy. Cant stand it. I do not spend time with these people unless i am trying to help them, if they can be helped. Now think of aliens as being more intuitive or whatever you would like to call it, beyond any human, you think they would still be here, hanging with us if they did not have faith we can change? If they wanted to kill us they would. They are suffering with us, we are currently just sick, and they might just be here to help us get better.

Or maybe im just an idiot because i have an optimistic view, and we are all doomed. Like we have been here for the last few thousand years.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If an alien race is so advanced they can travel faster than light to expand their presence, they don't need resources. If they were so NOT advanced that they would need to harvest matter instead of change common molecules into the more rare ones, then they would probably not have the level of technology to travel faster than light.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Something David Brin said was sort of contradictory. He said that he didn't like the fact that we are broadcasting signals, and that there should be a discussion about that.

Well, what if all advanced civilizations have a David Brin out there, none of them would be broadcasting a signal, and so our very own SETI would be pointless - food for thought

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I can't believe more than one person here believes that.
Since when is speaking the truth fear mongering.
Why is it ok to speculate about the existence of aliens, but not to speculate that they might not be peaceful.
He's not fear mongering you guys are just wishful thinkers. It is very possible, we need only to look at ourselves. If a race comes along that is only a bit more intelligent than us then it's a very real possibility.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Well said

It's earthshaking that so many experts with advanced degrees and what not, make those fundamentally wrong assumptions.

A civilization capable of interstellar travel will have mastered technologies for unlimited (or at least plentiful) energy, creating mass from energy and vice versa, manipulating mass, space, energy, gravity, etc.

They'd have easy access to resources of gas giants, IF that is even necessary.

Bottom-line, they'd have no reason whatsoever, to waltz onto Earth and get what little resources we have (compared to a gas giant for example).

It strikes me as odd, that brilliant minds like Hawkins would make such a fundamentally wrong and arrogant assumption.
edit on 11-12-2011 by posterboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
WOW I cannot beileve how mant people honestly think their logic is more sound than Dr. Hawkins some of you must have IQ's of 180 to 200.

We have no clue what is of value to other beings it could be a combination of things. Who knows.

But if the man is using his years of expierence in multiple disiplines to come up with a idea you should listen.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

Ahum , after thinking about the fact Aliens would be far more advanced than us and quite "friendly" , do you really think they would give him another vocal synthetiser instead of curing his "so rare" genetical disease?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Quite the jump to assume a more advanced society would be destructive. Just what if (and this has absolutely nothing to do with any religion) being more advanced they are closer to the Source, which must omniscient to be able to manipulate and manage infinite structures like space and time. Knowing all us finites (including them) are the lesser than infinite mind might that race be more reluctant to behave UNLIKE what the Source demonstrates?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bennogob

Again just a small joke. Lol calm yourselves. Maybe they deemed him worth only a new voice and leave the disease for future bartering for his morals

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA americans, so funny, one assume that aliens are like DJ's coming to your house and beating you up, then the next assumes that these aliens are actual citizens of the earth that should obey an american law about how it is illegal to abduct people, oh my god this is all too funny, do you guys actually watch that kinda stuff over there? hahaha

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timbit17
WOW I cannot beileve how mant people honestly think their logic is more sound than Dr. Hawkins some of you must have IQ's of 180 to 200.

We have no clue what is of value to other beings it could be a combination of things. Who knows.

But if the man is using his years of expierence in multiple disiplines to come up with a idea you should listen.

True.

The European conquistadors appeared to the New World natives (Aztecs, etc) to already possess a lot more than the New World could seem to offer them. They never imagined the Europeans having a "need" for their resources, either.

Again, it may not be resources that aliens may potentially be after. It could be the entire planet, as a place to colonize.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Timbit17

I guess even a brilliant mind like Hawkins isn't safe of human arrogance, thinking we are the next best thing and others will be out to get us.

Bull#. We learned hundreds of years ago that we are not "The Center" of everything.

It's just very narrow-minded to assume that we are anything special in the Universe.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

Not to mention the fact that um, every other precious commodity in the universe was also made in the forges of supernovae, meaning anything they might want will be far easier to get from a moon, asteroid, planet or star that doesn't have any pesky humans living near it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Timbit17

We are listening. No one is ignoring Hawking - that is why we are responding. We are not lesser than Hawking just because he is an expert in some scientific disciplines - we have our own intellect and intelligence and are using it.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Posterboy

Do you read the stuff you type> that makes no sense at all.

The hole point he was making is we are not special. Plain and simple for anyone who can think.

If there was something they wanted could be anything from resources to us to the earth. do you think they really would give a # about us.

Even if they were friendly we would be the threat to them. We as of now are a parasite on this earth.

So Dr. Hawkins is suggesting we should settle down and not make contact(fear of what will happen to us), humanity is not ready far from it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Why should we be concerned about this? Why are we speculating about speculation? If aliens wanted our resources they would take it. If aliens wanted us dead we'd be dead. Why worry about it? Why would Mr. Hawking worry about it?

The only reason he would speak about this is if he were told to, in my opinion. That's the big story from this article - the fact that the brilliant Hawking is being used to fear-monger people with propaganda.

I wonder why, and to what end.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

Your post stimulated my thinking. I see your point but I got to thinking that the government are using him as a mouthpiece to instil fear. The reason they are using Hawking is that the general populous will look at him and feel sympathy - thus will be more likely to listen to him out of a sense of unquestioned respect. Psychologically many people still look at a person with physical differences and immediately feel sorry for them. Me - I am humbled and inspired but that does not mean I stop thinking.

Let's face it - even if we don't agree with what the man is saying - any one of us would heal his body if we were able.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Agian I think Hawking does not know what he talking about, he said they would plunder our natural resources. Anyone knows you can pick up these resources anywhere, it always has been and still is, location, location , location.
They would just remove the infection and make a oasis for future conquest.
edit on 11-12-2011 by googolplex because: space a

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join