It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Race / Giants of Eastern Asia / China - Picture Heavy!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Aurian, it is what it is.

To the rest, here's the latest update:

I arrived at the Southern Temple, which is about 5 hours travel from the capital by road,train / bus.
It was deserted for the most part, although an emergency crash unit were nearby in a building watching TV.
For the temple itself there was no guide or keeper like the first one I’d already photographed. So mindful of being the scout/intruder I gingerly began taking photographs. The day was bright sunlight so exposure settings was no issue outside.
There were two temple buildings, the first was one with buddhist influences inside but mostly unrelated art on the outside.

The dragons common to Chinese Temples were evident. On the gateway itself were a pair of serpent dragons both facing a burning sun or core energy representation. Interesting. I’ve often wondered weather the ‘apple’ in the Garden of Eden was actually an energy source...
Certainly the dragon’s appear to be guarding it in this depiction.

There were two main buildings of the temple complex. The larger one I took in first.

www.ontheroadthailand.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

The walls on this temple were likely representing the Rama epic. The monkey god featured a lot here. Possibly something that was likely to of occured through DNA experimentation.
Note the man-pig here also. Some fringe-theory’s have a possible man-boar to pig experiment as one of the reason’s swine is taboo in some religions...

The colours used here were of a more pastel / bland spectrum and I made the connection with the fact that there was a possibly Sanskrit influence to an extent here, as well as the Chinese one.

The fighting against the serpents / dragons again features here, this time it is a male god and not a female, like the first temple in Bangkok, this one has a similar weapon being used.

At the second temple complex I was drawn inside, there was an atmosphere and vibe in the air, as clitche as it may sound to some I felt some spiritual energy very mindful of this strange outsider viewing and picturing the interior. Limiting myself to no more than five minutes I pictured what I thought were the key features.

Hanuman, the monkey-god is in the this temple. He is one of the main god-kings mentioned in the Ramayana, so there are clear Indian influences here too.
Note the mark on the chin, this is supposed to represent where a thunderbolt from Indra struck him. A clear connection between Indra and Zeus is noted, but on another subject.

Many minor diety’s and immortals represented here.

These I thought at first were ships, or arks?

Door guardians loomed down at me.

I was about to leave when I noticed a god figure in a niche to the left of the main shrine. Gold coloured, distinct Chinese eyes but with a very thick,flowing, somewhat European beard and features.

I left hastily after this, not wanting to remain the intruder for any longer...
I’m leaving Asia soon, however, like a leader once said, I shall return and when I’m next back I’ll get more pictures and conduct more research...

For those that have taken the time to read this latest update, a video summary of the temple is below:

edit on 1-1-2012 by WatchRider because: Image tag edit.

edit on 1-1-2012 by WatchRider because: spacing

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The Plain of Jars in Laos is also quite interesting and some folks think they were used by giants. When the Vietnam war was going on, one used to hear about the Plain of Jars all the time on the news as a battleground. I am glad that the war did not completely destroy these valuable artifacts.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Oooh! Dragons!

Originally posted by WatchRider
The dragons common to Chinese Temples were evident. On the gateway itself were a pair of serpent dragons both facing a burning sun or core energy representation.

Did I mention I love dragon art? Anyway, that's a pearl that they're guarding/chasing... they're water beings.

The walls on this temple were likely representing the Rama epic. The monkey god featured a lot here. Possibly something that was likely to of occurred through DNA experimentation.

No (you should check the link I gave you) -- he was born an ordinary monkey.

Note the man-pig here also. Some fringe-theory’s have a possible man-boar to pig experiment as one of the reason’s swine is taboo in some religions...

...and (sadly) shows that they don't know the legend of Monkey, either. Pig is one of the disciples who joins Monkey on his quest. His name is Zhu Bajie, and he was a hero who was turned into a pig by the gods because he was... well... a man of gluttonous habits and foul manners. Monkey called him "Eight Commandments Pig" to remind him of what he needed to do to be reincarnated in his next life as a human.

The colours used here were of a more pastel / bland spectrum and I made the connection with the fact that there was a possibly Sanskrit influence to an extent here, as well as the Chinese one.

There's a cultural pattern to color choices, yes. The Chinese tend to prefer a more brilliant palette, Japanese like more pastel colors, and further south we see some soft earth tones added to popular choices.

The fighting against the serpents / dragons again features here, this time it is a male god and not a female, like the first temple in Bangkok, this one has a similar weapon being used.

I believe this is a hero and not a deity I'm not seeing enough here to identify him directly and don't remember all the dragon stories.

These I thought at first were ships, or arks?

Lotus flowers, if they're what I'm looking at.

I was about to leave when I noticed a god figure in a niche to the left of the main shrine. Gold coloured, distinct Chinese eyes but with a very thick,flowing, somewhat European beard and features.

Possibly the Emperor of Heaven. Hard to say. There are some Chinese/Mongolian elements in some of those pictures (BTW, Chinese/Japanese/Ainu/Mongols do have individuals with very nice thick beards.)

How I envy you this lovely trip! Looking forward to more pictures.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

...The dragons common to Chinese Temples were evident. On the gateway itself were a pair of serpent dragons both facing a burning sun or core energy representation. Interesting. I’ve often wondered weather the ‘apple’ in the Garden of Eden was actually an energy source...
Certainly the dragon’s appear to be guarding it in this depiction.

Thank you, WatchRider, for taking the time to post all these photos & the video. Really a lot to respond to.

The Chinese have much ancient lore about their dragons. It’s very interesting that the oldest, most ancient images of dragons show them to be serpents. Limbs, wings, and other non-serpent-like characteristics were added on later thru the centuries.

There are different kinds of Chinese dragons: Celestial, Earth, Spirit, and Hidden Treasure. As Byrd pointed out, all Chinese dragons are associated with water, but they are also considered the SOURCE of water, wind, earth, fire and are the Custodians of the Seasons. They create clouds with their breath; control rain, thunderstorms, and water ways. They are symbols of wisdom, Chinese Imperial authority and bring good luck & fertility to those who please them.

Dragons are guardians of the heavenly abode of the gods and of buried treasure. Dragons are said to have a special love of jewels. Which brings us to the mysterious “Pearl of Immortality” or the “Pearl of Perfection.” A pear-shaped pearl is said to be carried in the forehead of the dragon which has healing powers; supernatural powers.

Some call it the “Jewel in the Lotus” or the “Wish-fulfilling Jewel” or the “Jewel of Omnipotence” which contains the divine essence of the Gods. It’s other name is Moon-pearl. The Moon is also associated with water. Sometimes dragons are depicted carrying it under their chins or are seen chasing it.

Even though the “Pearl” is sometimes shown with rays or flames, to me the most pertinent Chinese image is when the pearl is blue with a golden halo around it. Then I have no doubt that the original meaning of the Chinese Dragon is the same as the Hindu Kundalini Serpent and the “Pearl of Immortality” is the “Blue Pearl” of the soul.

On January 23rd, 2012 is the beginning of the Dragon Year. The Dragon Dance has been performed for over 2,000 years every Chinese New Year’s Day to bring good luck.

...The walls on this temple were likely representing the Rama epic. The monkey god featured a lot here. Possibly something that was likely to of occured through DNA experimentation.

Also I have to agree with Byrd that the Monkey or Monkey Boy is from the Chinese story “Journey to the West.” It’s not to be confused with the Hindu monkey god, Hanuman (incarnation of Pavana, God of the Wind – some say incarnation of Lord Shiva) in the Hindu epic “Ramayana.” Completely different characters.

I have a book , “Flying Serpents and Dragons: The Story of Mankind’s Reptillian Past” by R.A. Boulay who “graduated from George Washington University in 1950 where he did his graduate work in History. He joined the National Security Agency (NSA) as a cryptologist and intelligence reporter where he worked in various analytical activities. Mr. Boulay also taught at the National Cryptologic School….” The book was a culmination of over ten years of research.

Boulay’s book is a reference book and disappointing if you’re looking for answers as to WHY serpents and dragons are almost universal symbols

(First of all, I want to make clear that I’m not a follower of David Icke. [I’ve wondered if he isn’t gov disinfo.] Of course, it’s possible that there are Reptillian ET’s, but I’m convinced they’re not the ones who created us [Homo sapiens sapiens].
The Annunaki who created us are the very tall, blond, blue-eyed ET’s. A very small percentage of humans look like them because they purposely engineered their physical traits to be recessive. They did not want their servant/slaves to look like them. It also made it easy for them to distinguish their creation from themselves.

I strongly suspect a small contingent of Blond Annunaki are still here as “Planetary Overlords” and are the real [hidden] rulers behind the Bilderberg Group, etc.)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

...Many minor diety’s and immortals represented here.

These I thought at first were ships, or arks?....

edit on 1-1-2012 by WatchRider because: Image tag edit.

edit on 1-1-2012 by WatchRider because: spacing

I couldn't find the still of the ship, but it's on the video at the 1:16 mark. I've seen this image before. The Japanese call it "Takarabune" -- it's a treasure ship with seven "gods" of Taoist, Hindu & Japanese origin -- each god is supposed to symbolize a human virtue. I suspect this is the original Chinese version that the Japanese used as a model. It's used as a good luck emblem in Japan. Don't know the story behind it or how the Chinese use it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join