It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orthodox Rabbi Reveals Name of Messiah~"JESUS","Yehoshua" or "Yeshua"(Hebrew)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
all I can say is WOW usually the orthodox jewish people don't believe in JESUS they deny him this is very very cool to hear this coming from a Rabbi

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD

great! thats all we need,more christian propaganda! if you study the history of the Jews,you will find that there have been a few 'messhias'. ever hear of Honi the circle drawer? (yes he is mentioned in the Bible).
Honi has more documentation historically than Jesus. pontius pilot,all the ceasars,the pharos of egypt,alexander the great. all these people have been historically proven as fact.
the ONLY reference to Jesus ,outside of the gospels,is by Josephus in the Jewish war.
you'd like to think that the sun of god would leave a little bit more of an actual mark on history!
don't get me wrong,i study christianaty(among many other beliefs),but i think what Jesus was trying to teach was look for the kingdom of heaven within yourself!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I heard that its a taboo to speak bad things about someone who has been dead after one year .I guess that is why he requested the letter only be opened 1 year after his death

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
No, to the question posed by the video.
There was not a rabbi who met Jesus.
This rabbi had a vision, according to his telling.
From a Christian point of view, there is nothing of interest.
If he had met a once living, then crucified, then risen from the dead and ascended into heaven Jesus, then he would have, if he had credited his vision as being true, become a Christian himself, which did not happen.
Plus, the name of Jesus is, Jesus. It would not be that this rabbi had never heard of Jesus, so had to come up with a Hebrew name for this person he met. If it was the Christian Jesus, I'm sure the rabbi would have recognized who he was and what his name is.
This may be some one who lived his life believing a certain way and continued to believe the same up until his death. I'm sure he believed in some sort of messiah, otherwise he never would have moved to Palestine in the first place.
That his messiah was in heaven or somewhere accessible through vision and was alive despite his not yet appearing on Earth is no big surprise and his version of messiah could possibly just appear fully grown on Earth as if he just stepped off another planet and that he was called Joshua is also no shocker.
To me, this is just another attempt to get people all worried that when the former Prime Minister of Israel (who is in a coma from a massive stroke) dies then Armageddon is going to happen.
edit on 9-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Of course the Messiah is Jesus,but what is his name?????????????????????????
Jesus is a title not a name,why is this lost on people? Even his own follower's.
It is hidden in the calander between July and November or at least the returning name.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There is something like this in Left Behind, where Israel has a rabbi being paid by the state to research all the documents known to Judaism to find out what he can about who the Messiah would be, and he ends up saying it is Jesus. This video seems to me to be someone who read the fictionalized version of the Apocalypse and wants to see something like this happen in real life so the he can go ahead and be raptured and the Jews will all accept Jesus. It's like one bogus thing, piled on top of another bogus thing, based on a bogus assumption.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So this rabbi knows that the christian "Jesus" story is made up? Hell lots of people know that anymore. The shock comes when a Christian finds out it was made up. Remember it's the message, not the man that matters.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Old Video.

Why is this even "news"?

We know Jesus is the messiah ... we have known for 2000 years now ...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Honi has more documentation historically than Jesus. pontius pilot,all the ceasars,the pharos of egypt,alexander the great. all these people have been historically proven as fact.
the ONLY reference to Jesus ,outside of the gospels,is by Josephus in the Jewish war.

Wrong, wrong, wrong...crikey. It astounds me that this ignorance keeps rearing it's head.

Aside from the fact that the historical of reality was not doubted for all of history except until the last 150 years or so (being in itself a pretty excellent testimony, as any doubt of his historicity would have been a VERY handy tool for the early detractors and violent opponents of christianty, say...when it was a fledgling religion and not even established, or during it's ascendency in the 4th century), there are various other sources besides Josephus testifying either directly or indirectly to Jesus.

Goodness gracious. He is even referenced in official roman correspondence. Can you please provide us with some of this historical documentation for Honi that you reference, so we can compare the amount of coverage you claim?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Jesus is a title not a name,why is this lost on people? Even his own follower's.
It is hidden in the calander between July and November or at least the returning name.

Could you please clarify that? "Jesus" IS a name, Iesous in greek, and stemming from Yehoshua (or a variant thereof) in hebrew - Yehoshua being the name we render as Joshua in english. "Jesus" shared the same name as the jewish leader Joshua son of Nun in the old testament, and this is why there was confusion in older versions of the books of Acts as Joshua was originally translated as "Jesus, son of Nun".

It's probably lost on people because it's not true, as far as I'm aware, and you're the first person I've ever seen claim it. I believe you might be thinking of CHRIST actually being a title, not a name, because it's the greek version of hebrew messiah, both meaning "annointed".

Take care.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Jesus, Yahshua, is a name, it basically translates to "Joshua" in English.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The Rabbi used a weird OT variant to spell the name of Jesus? Well, that settles it folks, we can tell by his use of a weird OT variant that he is demon possessed and going to hell. Nothing else needs to be said.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I know what you are saying but actually it is a title, a name above all others.
If we are coming to the end of the gentile age and the people Jesus, Yehoshua or what I believe is the correct tile, Yashayah then these people are possibly either coming to a time or are at a time when they are no longer Lo-Ammi (not my people) and the prophecy clock for them has begun.
So to me they will be right in knowing Him as Yehoshua, I will be Savior) and not as we know Him, Yasha-Yah (I AM Savior).
It to me signifies the end of this present dispensation and we are about to go through the tribulation and then enter into the kingdom age.
The end of the period of gentile grace and they become His people where they will know Him as Savior, their ears unstopped and their eyes opened.

So yes, I believe His name is a title from front to back, Yehoshua Ha Meshiach, I am Savior, The Annointed One.
His name becomes seperate from all the Joshuas before Him, all being a forshadow of Him coming. This is my conclusion, Yasha'-Yah, I am Savior to those that have entrusted in Him for their Salvation, not by works or some magical name that another seems to think, who uses it to divide and cause discension among the followers.

The guy here that seems to believe in magic names certainly applies.
My opinion the meaning of the name is what is significant.
God reads hearts not lips.
The reason that I believe the Hebrew name and it's definition applies today as it did in the days Of Jesus or Yehoshua or Yasha'-Yah is that this dispensation is coming to an end and we are being catipulted into the days when they became, Lo-Ammi and they are coming to the forfront of His-story once againand can become His people in faith, just like Abraham and David and all those gentiles that came to know Him in their hearts as Savior.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So every child born after jan 12 2006 might be the messiah! I hope it is a secular female this time...that would be good fun to poke at all those religious stooges. All there ridgety and bible torah koran reading fanaticism. She would come and tell them to all put down their lame BS books and look within. Do good and love eachother....just like jesus did...not that I believe in that stuff but it makes for a great book...thanks for the idea think I should get to writing.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

What? Jesus is not his true name. Jesus is not an aramaic or jewish name. The closest renditions of his name are either Yehoshua/Yahshua or Yeshua, judeo-christians say Yahuwshuwa. Yeshua is his name in aramic. Jesus comes from the greek name Iesus as there is no J in the greek language and the letter J is only 500 years old.

As to the OP this topic was already posted a couple months ago by SuperiorEd.

Other than that, you do not have to be a christian to believe in the Messiah and accept his divinity, in your heart you will already be reborn as a christian wether or not you take upon yourself the title of being "christ-like". Your faith in him will change your spirit where you will be more attuned to his will if you truly embrace him as your Savior and King. You can walk Christ's path and believe in him and his truth without subscribing to the religions label. Jesus came to save all of mankind, not just those who call themselves christian but anyone who believes in him and repents and then begins to walk his path.
edit on 9-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi
Old Video.

Why is this even "news"?

We know Jesus is the messiah ... we have known for 2000 years now ...

I think the OP point is that the orthodox jews do not recognize him as the Messiah but one of them had a dream or vision of him and had a revelation. The question is will the orthodox embrace this knowledge? I somehow doubt that because they believe their messiah will be God himself. See the irony there? God already came 2000 years ago but they do not believe it.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yeshua is his name in aramic.
That may be Joshua's name in that language.
Jesus' name is Greek for Joshua. This would have been normal for the one and a half million Greek speaking Jews in the time of Jesus.
If you happened to be an Aramaic speaker living in an Aramaic speaking country, then your comment might have some relevance, otherwise it does not. Just about everyone recognizes the name Jesus and no one needs to translate his name.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Could you please clarify that? "Jesus" IS a name, Iesous in greek, and stemming from Yehoshua (or a variant thereof) in hebrew - Yehoshua being the name we render as Joshua in english. "Jesus" shared the same name as the jewish leader Joshua son of Nun in the old testament, and this is why there was confusion in older versions of the books of Acts as Joshua was originally translated as "Jesus, son of Nun".

It's probably lost on people because it's not true, as far as I'm aware, and you're the first person I've ever seen claim it. I believe you might be thinking of CHRIST actually being a title, not a name, because it's the greek version of hebrew messiah, both meaning "annointed".

Take care.

Jesus,Yehoshua,Joshua,Iesous and the Greek Jason all have the same meaning, healer or salvation.
Christ,Christo's meaning Annointed or King.
Salvation King is the implication,which ever translation or way you wish to inturprate it. All are titles or descriptive at most.The historical individual was known as Benjiman Joeseph.
Not true?Of coarse not I'm a uneducated moron who likes to lie for fun.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Does this mean the Golem is about to awaken? Wait, that was the secret name of God they were supposed to say. But, if the Golem is awakened, what havoc is he going to wreak and how many movies will be made about him?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Actually he would have been called Yeshua ben Yehuda, He was of the tribe of Judah. I think that both his parents were from the tribe of Yehuda, neither were of the tribe of Ben-yamin.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join