It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you create your own hell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This is a hypothetical question...

Do you believe its possible, aflictions and disease could be result of built up negitive Karma from the actions in ones life?

Perhaps even that person's previous lives?

The aflictions i deal with every day make me wonder... did these people create their own hell?

John 9

1And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Some of them live their own personal "hell on earth" every day of their lives... some are utterly confused... terrified, paranoid, suicidal. It breaks my heart sometimes....

Many of them are the nicest people you could ever meet... though again with some of the things i've seen, the personalities that come out in these people (Demons?) It makes me wonder...

Fixed cognitive impairment

Various types of brain injury, occurring as a single event, may cause irreversible but fixed cognitive impairment. Traumatic brain injury may cause generalized damage to the white matter of the brain (diffuse axonal injury), or more localized damage (as also may neurosurgery). A temporary reduction in the brain's supply of blood or oxygen may lead to hypoxic-ischemic injury. Strokes (ischemic stroke, or intracerebral, subarachnoid, subdural or extradural hemorrhage) or infections (meningitis and/or encephalitis) affecting the brain, prolonged epileptic seizures and acute hydrocephalus may also have long-term effects on cognition. Excessive alcohol use may cause alcohol dementia, Wernicke's encephalopathy and/or Korsakoff's psychosis, and certain other recreational drugs may cause substance-induced persisting dementia; once overuse ceases, the cognitive impairment is persistent but not progressive.

[edit] Slowly progressive dementia

Dementia which begins gradually and worsens progressively over several years is usually caused by neurodegenerative disease; that is, by conditions affecting only or primarily the neurons of the brain and causing gradual but irreversible loss of function of these cells. Less commonly, a non-degenerative condition may have secondary effects on brain cells, which may or may not be reversible if the condition is treated.

The causes of dementia depend on the age at which symptoms begin. In the elderly population (usually defined in this context as over 65 years of age), a large majority of cases of dementia are caused by Alzheimer's disease, vascular dementia or both. Dementia with Lewy bodies is another fairly common cause, which again may occur alongside either or both of the other causes.[12][13][14] Hypothyroidism sometimes causes slowly progressive cognitive impairment as the main symptom, and this may be fully reversible with treatment. Normal pressure hydrocephalus, though relatively rare, is important to recognize since treatment may prevent progression and improve other symptoms of the condition. However, significant cognitive improvement is unusual.

Dementia

Alzheimer's disease

www.alzheimer.ca...

At this time, we do not yet know what causes Alzheimer's disease or how to stop its progression.

Researchers have discovered that Alzheimer's disease:

- is not a part of normal aging
-affects both men and women
-is more common in people as they age -- most people with the disease are over 65
-is not caused by hardening of the arteries
-is not caused by stress
-Scientists are looking at three areas:

Family history
For a few families, there is a definite connection between family history and Alzheimer's disease. While for others, a family history of Alzheimer's disease puts them at greater risk than someone with no family history. Though knowledge in this area is growing, the connection to heredity is not fully understood.

The external environment
The cause of Alzheimer's disease may be in our environment -- perhaps something in the water, soil or air.

The internal environment
Alzheimer's disease may be caused by something within the body. It could be a slow virus, an imbalance of chemicals or a problem with the immune system.

Researchers today believe there is no single cause of Alzheimer's disease. Instead, they believe it is caused by a combination of factors. There is still much that we don't know about the disease, but researchers continue to look for causes.

Pistis Sophia

A "man who curses" is given a body that will be continually "troubled in heart". A "man who slanders" receives a body that will be "oppressed". A thief receives a "lame, crooked and blind body". A "proud" and "scornful" man receives "a lame and ugly body" that "everyone continually despises." Thus earth, as well as hell, becomes the place of punishment.

According to Pistis Sophia, some souls do experience hell as a shadowy place of torture where they go after death. But after passing through this hell, the souls return for further experiences on earth. Only a few extremely wicked souls are not allowed to reincarnate. These are cast into "outer darkness" until the time when they are destined to be "destroyed and dissolved".

Could this be the hell you make for yourself or even the Manifestations of God in your life?

Is earth the place of torment and torture discribed in many religous texts?

Traditionally Hell is discribed as a place you go after you pass... but is it possible that the afflictions of "age" are the result of your own negitive life experiences?

Do you create your own hell?

edit on 6-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hell creates our owners! But if we work out and eat healthier we can help break the cycle.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I think the short answer here is "no".

You've quoted John 9 as evidence of karmic retribution, but you've neglected another key Scripture on the topic.

Luke 13 essentially presents a situation similar to this one, where Jesus is presented with the story of a number of Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with sacrifices. Some asked if this was a punishment because of these people's sin. Jesus response is a brief but categorical no.

I believe that the Bible teaches that the majority of the time, suffering in this life is due not to specific sin in one's life, but to the fact that we all live in a sinful, fallen world... and suffer as a result. Thus suffering is the result of general rather than specific sin or karmaic retribution.

Hell, likewise, exists not here on earth (this place doesn't nearly match the descriptions in the Bible or any other text I've read that describes hell), but a place altogether seperate (probably not even in this dimension). It's important to note too that hell was created for the Devil anad his minions, and for their punishment, not for ours... for "it is not God's will that any should perish, but that all should come to salvation".

Hope that helps... at least to fill in the Biblical side of your question.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Heres a thought .If one believes that god created everything and that would include satan.So to me that says satan is a tool of god.I believe that this tool would be closer to us than we really know.In a place where he can have limited actions on mankind and not be seen.Another clue for me is how people summon demonic beings and get answers.Just take a look at all the information that has came from dmt trips and meditation.alternativeculture.com...
Most of our technology comes from precise points in time from people usually involved in esoteric knowledge.To me that points in the direction of them being close enough to us to break the rules and interact with us.

Now look around you and imagine another realm around you that has no physical interactions we can see.Hell being in another realm here on earth would fit the bigger picture when you take into account we have had no real interactions from beings from outer space.Only glimpses of things like ufo's and apparitions that just seem to disappear.
What about duality of this world.We live in a beautiful place that seems to favor the positive side.It seems logical to me that there would need to be a place that favors the negative side to balance out our existence.Close enough for the energy of duality to interact.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Considering the "hell" that most Christians believe in does not exist according to your own book... yet the place discribed within the bible was once a place on earth. I believe you are incorrect... suffering in this life is a result of your own actions/works... even your Karmic debt...

I think its safe to assume you haven't read "Pistis Sophia"...

Also i don't believe in the concept of a "fallen world"... this world is beautiful perfection...

Thanks for your reply though, i'll read over luke once i get off work.

edit on 6-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
What if heaven, hell, karma, and reincarnation are all simply a way to motivate people to be good? Maybe as a person becomes enlightened these ideas aren't necessary, but the enlightened people wisely preserve these lies for those of us that need them?

top topics

join