It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Have Google Trick for Conspiracies - Thought I'd Share My Favorite Way to Search

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

I don't agree with anything your saying at all about Google. In fact, through some research we were looking at last year, Google is in fact manipulating site rankings. There are a number of many taboo subjects you can go google, and common information for that topic is not readily available. A perfect example of this is searches for "suicide." More specifically, how to commit suicide, painless ways to commit suicide, etc... When you do a search for this stuff, majority of the top rankings all come back to suicide prevention stuff. I haven't looked at it in quite some time, and just did a quick search on "painless ways to commit suicide" and the very top ranking site was a page with graphic pictures of people who were unsuccessful and what went wrong, horror stories, stories about going to hell, and just about everything else you can think of that would try to talk someone out of doing it, and then a crisis hotline number at the bottom of the page. Google use to be much worse at burying this stuff, but then it got out in the open they were in fact doing it, and I notice now it is not as edited as it once was, but majority of the stuff is to persuade you from doing it, rather than how to do it. If it wasn't being manipulated at all, then why is it that prevention stuff always comes up the highest in it's rankings, when you specialize your search with key words? In fact, if it wasn't manipulated or edited, then why is this the very first thing that comes up on every search you do related to the topic "Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline"

You are wrong in what you are saying if the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is always at the top of the list. Google is not only run by marketing, but it is absolutely run by censorship as well.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

But is there any observable evidence for this, apart from the position of anti-suicide websites, which I'm not seeing.

I'm struggling to even verify what you said. When I search "painless ways to commit suicide" the results are completely natural. I don't see anything that suggests prevention websites are being given preference.

Could you please screenshot what you're seeing for that search, because I'm not seeing it
edit on 7-12-2011 by JessopJessopJessop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

This is simple, Big Bro does not mind if you talk they just want to listen. It helps to get all the fish in the same barrel (or web site) before you shoot them.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Google can't omit results because of too many variables (google id of the website, ips and nameservers, sites are subited to google more than once, archiving) so its stupid for them to create a ban list for crawlers to omit so they just send websites that contain certain words and strings to the last page even though it has a google rank of 10.

And this is not new, i used to do this for my homework and i got the best articles from those dark corners.

Another good way to search on google is to use their tools (+ - and quotes) you can get better results using them.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
One other trick you can do is adding the word "database" or "archives" to your search. If you're attracted to the dark side of course.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Is there a way to jump directly to the last page?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
facingfreedomschallenge.blogspot.com...

Good link about Project Blue Beam.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Search 'end of the mayan calendar' and go through to last page (page 78 i think it was) and look at the title and url of the last article! I chuckled!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by brinbin

Apparently there is no way to go directly to the last result. I came across this while trying to figure out if it was possible ...

www.googleguide.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Is there a way to jump directly to the last page?

This was posted by someone else. After you search something you can get to the last page by typing &start=900 in your web browser at the end of what already exists within the browser. Not sure if it works.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Reply to post by SuperiorEd

Yeah it works. You could change the results per page in googles preferences to 100. That would help you get to the last page but the pages load slowly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
Google can't omit results because of too many variables (google id of the website, ips and nameservers, sites are subited to google more than once, archiving) so its stupid for them to create a ban list for crawlers to omit so they just send websites that contain certain words and strings to the last page even though it has a google rank of 10.

And this is not new, i used to do this for my homework and i got the best articles from those dark corners.

Another good way to search on google is to use their tools (+ - and quotes) you can get better results using them.

Give me an example. An example of certain words that are pushed to the back. I will debunk your claim in only a day or two

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

You didn't bother to actually look at it did you? You just looked at the door, and moved on. One needs to simply open it and walk in to really see what is inside.

I didn't even get to finish typing in the full search term and look what it already pulled up for me. I don't have cookies saved on my machine, and it is scrubbed down with CCleaner, so it's not going off of anything that was previously in my browser from when I looked last.

Go back and do it again, and actually open up this specific site that is at the top of the ranking I have circled for you:

If you want to understand things, you need to fully explore it
Not just look at the door and move on. I am saying that kindly as a hint in general, not trying to be an ass to you

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
... and I don't know any other way to get to the last page of google results!

I'm not sure if you really can see all results as Google states that it only serves the first 1000 results. So if you see 1 million+ results you only can see the first 1000.

And there is an easy way to jump to the last page. Just add &start=990 to the url. You should have something like this: www.google.com/search?q=test&start=990

The q= part is what you search for and the start= part is which entry should be the first on the page (990 + 10 shown = 1000 max) The & is just a seperator for different parameters that you can supply. On all those webpages out there have a look at the url and all the parameters seperated with &. Often it's possible to do some trick when you modify these parameters yourself.

ETA: Ok, I've just seen that I wasn't the first with the &start= trick.
edit on 8-12-2011 by UnixFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever

You didn't bother to actually look at it did you? You just looked at the door, and moved on. One needs to simply open it and walk in to really see what is inside.

I didn't even get to finish typing in the full search term and look what it already pulled up for me. I don't have cookies saved on my machine, and it is scrubbed down with CCleaner, so it's not going off of anything that was previously in my browser from when I looked last.

Go back and do it again, and actually open up this specific site that is at the top of the ranking I have circled for you:

If you want to understand things, you need to fully explore it
Not just look at the door and move on. I am saying that kindly as a hint in general, not trying to be an ass to you

Hope this helps.

The National Suicide Prevention link does not appear in my search as I'm in the UK. Nor did it appear in any of the US searches using software. The reason for that is simple - It's a PAID FOR AD.

It's not secret that Google has paid for results, clearly outlined. This might not even be paid for, and good on Google for putting that number at the top. Having ethics and taking responsibility is not a crime.

Cracked is the 272nd most popular website in the United States and their article has 347 backlinks. They also have within their article "most painless way to commit suicide", which is an exact match of your search. That's why they're at the top of the page.

It's at the top because of that. Nothing to do with a Google conspiracy. If Google were conspiring to prevent suicide don't you think legit anti-suicide websites - rather than an article poking fun at people who commit suicide - would be at the top?

uncyclopedia.wikia.com...:Commit_Suicide ---- Hardly looks like a suicide prevention result to me. In fact, if I was in a place mentally where I was considering suicide, just finger pointing humour would probably make me more committed to killing myself.

Here are some more results from the first page

xniquetx.blogspot.com...
boards.straightdope.com...
www.reddit.com...

The results are completely natural. It's really not surprising that some results are anti-suicide, obviously that will happen. Google only judges relevancy based on keywords. That some jesus websites are exploiting the keyword to save people, that has nothing to do with Google.

The argument you're putting forward is just profound. You are paranoid and do not understand search engines

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Just because you are paranoid, does not mean they are not coming to get you

I am sure that you are right that I don't understand search engines or systems at all...LOL. Thank you for helping me understand that.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
After you search something you can get to the last page by typing &start=900 in your web browser at the end of what already exists within the browser. Sometimes it doesnt get you all the eay to the end but close enough

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You, my friend, are a wealth of knowledge. This is exactly the kind of answer I sought.
Live long and prosper.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Blocked pages:
Here's a tip if you come across an article that is blocked because it is for subscribers/paid subscription only: copy the title and google it. You either jump to the blocked page directly or you find blogs where the article has been posted.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

I checked the link you gave on Google Sharing to see if I could find a more discreet way of doing my research. I was horrified when I read the following:

Google thrives where privacy does not. If you're like most internet users, Google knows more about you than you might be comfortable with. Whether you were logged in to a Google account or not, they know everything you've ever searched for, what search results you clicked on, what news you read, and every place you've ever gotten directions to.

Most of the time, thanks to things like Google Analytics, they even know which websites you visited that you didn't reach through Google. If you use Gmail, they know the content of every email you've ever sent or received, whether you've deleted it or not. They know who your friends are, where you live, where you work, and where you spend your free time. They know about your health, your love life, and your political leanings. These days they are even branching out into collecting your realtime GPS location and your DNS lookups.

In short, not only do they know a lot about what you're doing, they also have significant insight into what you're thinking.

Any ideas where I can find free email facilities that are safe to use?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm new but I couldn't start a new thread about this,.. what do you think?
m.gizmodo.com/5878527/googles-new-plan-annoy-you-into-complying

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
To all asking about how to quickly reach the bottom page, simply google search the word you want to use then hold and drag on the search bar to reach the end of the url. After seeing keywords and etc. you will see "(anynumber)&filter" you can change this number to 80+ to reach very far in the search. This works for any amount, ideal for google searches with 250,000+ results. From what I've tried so far, i reached the last page of 'insular cortex' and got an error message.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join