It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange radar anomalies caught over area 51 + UFO video from the same night..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Just watched this youtube video which shows strange anomalies over the region where area 51 is located. The video also contains footage of an alleged UFO filmed on the same night..

imo the video (as usual) is not very clear to determine exactly what it is and personally i dont know enough about radar to give a view on the anomaly..

Thought i would post it for those interested in the subject or have more knowledge in such things (especially radar)

edit on 4/12/11 by Misterlondon because: youtube link broken

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I don't know enough about radar to make a comment about it. However, that last vid that is highlighted is just awful. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be looking at.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Shelia aliens.......hmmmmmm take everything with a pinch of salt from hereon in

EDIT:

What was the poing of the last segment?? Looks like lights on a building to me...with the sound of traffic int he background.
edit on 4-12-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hmm.. radars over an airforce base..how unusual

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Shelia aliens.......hmmmmmm take everything with a pinch of salt from hereon in

haha my first reaction when I heard her say "Shelia Aliens" >

edit on 4-12-2011 by Oakislander because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I dont know anything about Radar but I know a man who does
this fella on ATS. arbiture , gonna send him a PM to look at this thread.

edit on 4-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
weve been having the weirdest weather here too on top of those crazy windstorms only a couple hundred miles west, ON TOP of that ive been on Edge server for like 3 days now ..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I maintained and used radar while in the NAVY and never saw anything like this unless my radar was crapping out.
This looks like something was messing with the return signal. Can't be sure, but I would eliminate an 'error' in the radars as
it seems multiple radars are having the effect.
In one of the other threads on this someone suggested it's because the radars are pointing at each other, this would only work if they are on the same frequency, but it does offer an explanation.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Jamming or interference with another emitter.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Since there is a radar test area next to area 51 and the air-force uses the area for training its likely high power radar jamming.

I also back in my navy days saw radar bolts like that from lightning.

Its a low power EMP pulse from cloud to cloud lightning. if you go to the national weather service site and check there weather radars around the US you will find more of these BEAMS.
radar.weather.gov...

Since these were first posted by dutchsinse you can be sure that he has no idea as to how these radars work and what these anomalies really are.

Plus he has been banned from YouTube for copyright infringement
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
hmm

what started to look interesting is IMHO nothing but hot air.

after watching the Video in HD and taking a few frames out trying to find something unusal in it.. hmm
theres NOTHING ...except someone filming some nearby buildings partial covered by a hill or so ?

however theres nothing to be found in the darker part of the video. its pitch black, not even containing an artefakt around a spot of light

The radar recording looks similar to what have been described here in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

within the thread there is an external link where a few anomalies with radars are explained:
www.erh.noaa.gov...

interestingly the video and the radar imagery within has been edited in a way that all these streaks apear almost the same time, which is not the case checking the Timestamp on single frames in the video.

So this video is fabricated and not realtime.

one user posted that these streaks could possibly be radar reflections against a strong emitter on the same frequency. if the location is in fact groomlake the probability that these echoes originate from radar activity on groomlake is high, since they operate MANY different systems covering a good portion of the frequency band.

the equipment in use if activated 'illuminates' the whole area in a way that you won't be able to read a newspaper if the frequencies in use would be in the visible light band, for being too bright, then.

but since the Radar video is not in realtime it APPEARS that this is a single event, which is in fact a compilation of several hours observation.

i'm sorry .. but the video is ... somewhat inaccurate
edit on 4-12-2011 by TMJ1972 because: link did not work

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I dont know anything about Radar but I know a man who does
this fella on ATS. arbiture , gonna send him a PM to look at this thread.

edit on 4-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Wow, Thank's for the compliment. But the main problem with any image on the internet is how easily it can be created and/or manipulated. Without having an "audit-trail" and being able to "back track" the source and determine authenticity, I can't give you an honest response. First of all radar track's and other visual's look very different, for a reason. First of all both primitive radar and television developed with in a few years of each other. But there was a radical divergence in the late 1970's/1980's. Radar is designed, even today to give you just the fact's, or what you must know to deal with whoever, or whatever it is. While early electronic television technology incorporated many of the same features in display's, the two world's soon went their separate way's TV later was able to adapt upon motion picture special effect's and was designed to, entertain. Radar, et el; was not.

With most of the visual's on the internet, just as the latest movie, what "sells ticket's" is what look's the most cool. Believe me, every image (or other kind of signal) you look at with radar or any other form of SIGNET is NOT designed to overwhelm you, but if it can't just tell you the fact's it will "prod" you where it's AI need's a little human instinct. So to ask me to interpret an image w/out knowing sources&methods, is frankly impossible.

All that said, I will add do we have very interesting radar tracks (and other stuff), in addition to solid picture's taken in most cases by very reliable source's and most ideal, non-electronic, non-internet linked (meaning no cell phone cameras') of stuff that boggle's the mind? Oh yeah... I guess my point is to get reliable picture's of anything we can really check out, first have an old fashioned but fair film camera. No,electronics. Then have an electronic camera. And you can use your cell phone camera as well, the point is to confirm "note's". But for me to give you honest opinion on radar data without a reference point? I can't. It's getting harder to find a cheap film camera. I still a bunch of Kodak Instamatic's. Cheap, and decent pictures. Also hard to screw with. That help's a lot. The rest is also pretty cheap these day's. And don't forget, any image taken with an electronic device in any area like around Area 51, will be subject to the whim's (or wishes) of the area's em/rf electronic's hornets nest.

new topics

top topics

join