It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP was rigged from the start...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
OK, so this is just my opinion, but I believe Romney and Perry were the chosen, golden ones by the GOP, and then they have Newt as an old party backup plan, and they threw Cain in the mix to distractTea Partiers from Paul and Bachmann. I believe the only decent candidates from the start were Huntsman, Paul, Santorum, Johnson, and maybe Bachmann, but all of them were neutralized immediately by a masterful GOP plan!

Public opinion is so easy to manipulate. Romney and Perry were advertised as the front runners and given all the press. All the MSM feigned over them like groupies, but the voters weren't so quick to follow. Polling showed too much attention on the more real Conservatives, so the GOP rolled out Herman Cain. Cain wins over the religious crowd and the Tea Party crowd, and his 999 plan steals a little Paul thunder. He wins over the Bachmann and Santorum supporters with his sermon-esque speaking style. He is there to catch the Perry fans as the wheels come off the Perry bus. Cain has some good success.

But remember, it is supposed to be the Romney/Perry show, so Cain can't get too popular, so his scandals come to light. In light of the scandals, Newt Gingrich, GOP good ol' boy, Speaker of the House, comic relief in each debate, Gingrich. He was just cruising along, staying out of the limelight, attacking the debate hosts, speaking candidly, being likeable and entertaining, and then the GOP decided to call his number. Newt, you're in the game for real now. The Cain crowd isn't going to roll over to the Romney/Perry bus just yet, so we need you. Now Newt is suddenly a front-runner! Cain's out as of today, he will likely endorse Newt, and the handlers willl ride this momentum in to New Hampshire and Iowa.

Florida is still the dark horse in primary season. This is the first year Florida's primary has come this early. Nobody knows what to expect. Cain got a surprise Straw Poll win here, but now he is out. They've engineered wins for Romney/Perry/Newt in Iowa and New Hampshire, but they need one more good trick out of their hat to make sure Paul, Bachmann, Santorum, Huntsman don't slip in a 2nd or 3rd place finish and then pull an upset in Florida.

I've fought my conspiracy theorist side this whole election cycle. I wanted to believe Donald Trump was really concerned about Obama's birth certificate, but then he got played like a fiddle, and now he is hosting a debate? I wanted to believe Herman Cain was just a patriotic business man. But it has become clear (at least to me) that all of these things were set up to confuse and corral voters and then lead them to the GOP chosen ones.

I can't wait to see how they make the handoff from Newt to Perry. As infuriating as this all is, it is also very entertaining and sadly enlightening.

Is Perry so dead in the water that this Newt substitution will become permanent, or will Newt somehow miraculously hand over his supports to Perry? By the end of January, will the GOP be successful in making this a 2 person race between Romney and Perry, or will they have to defer to company man Gingrich for the long haul? Can the Tea Party Conservatives actually rally enough support and ignore the MSM long enough to keep Paul or Bachmann alive in the race?

Where will Cain wind up in the cabinet come January? His services surely didn't come cheap.

Whoever wins Florida wins the nomination. It's what they said in 2000, 2004, and 2008, it's what Governor Rick Scott has been saying this go around, and it is how the GOP has stacked their hand. I think Ron Paul should be down here campaigning from now through the Florida primary. He should do a Florida Whistle stop tour. He should spend the bulk of his marketing dollars here! He needs a strong 2nd or 3rd in Iowa and New Hampshire, and a win in Florida!!

Here are some relevant news stories;
Herman Cain quits.

Florida's top Republican and GOP chair says 'electability' is key, and whoever wins Florida's primary will be the nominee.

Gingrich courts Cain backers at Tea Party event.

Perry aims new Iowa ad directly at Romney's religion.

With television ads on the way, Perry is down, but not out. Will Cain supporters come back to Perry?

Cain may drop out, Perry shows lighter side.

I'm really starting to believe it was all a set up. Cain was just there to bleed votes from the true conservatives, and hand them back over to the GOP puppets.

What do you all think. Did we ever stand a chance, or was this all a set up from the start?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
ATS thread, hermancainforums.com endorses Ron Paul.

This is the grassroots side of the Herman Cain campaign, and they've gotten behind Paul. I can't wait to see what the man himself says!
edit on 3-12-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think you nailed it actually.

I have hope though that Paul gets in. I can only hope...........

Texas Congressman Ron Paul is beefing up his campaign organization in South Florida.

Other candidates are also increasing their activities and organizations in Florida. Paul supporters will be opening their South Florida headquarters in Miami on Saturday with plans to open an office in Palm Beach in the weeks to come.

“The excitement being generated by Ron Paul’s constitutionally-limited government, sound money and pro-growth message has caused the grass-roots support to swell and launch a grass-roots effort to make a tremendous impact here,” said Hector Roos, who is coordinating Paul’s efforts in South Florida, in a statement on Wednesday.

GOP Field Looks to Chip Away at Newt Gingrich's Lead in Florida

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I think you summed it up pretty well. What a mess this has all been. At least America wasn't dumb enough to go for Perry.

I also think that a lot of people want change, and so I'm remaining optimistic that Ron Paul will start getting some attention. People who liked Cain have to go somewhere, and everyone else is too status-quo-business-as-usual.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Of course it's a fix. Look how fast these guys go up in the polls, only to fall once the public sees them for who they really are. Perry made such an ass out of himself, he dropped faster than a bad habit.
Herman was a salesman with a good sales-pitch that appealed to the easily manipulated simpletons of America.
Newt has more baggage than Samsonite and wasn't even serious about this until they put him on the pedestal.
I said a while back I was wondering what Plan-B was for the GOP if Paul was a threat. Well, there you have it. Banned from a debate and Trump a moderator for the last debate before Iowa.
I still say Paul will win Iowa. But the way it looks, he'll need to win or finish second in NH, SC and Florida to have a shot at this.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

Those polls concern me. There is just no way somebody goes from last to first from one poll to the next. The polls are ridiculous. It's bad enough that politicans make their policies based on faulty poll numbers, but now we have MSM basically choosing our candidates for us based on the same faulty polls.

If I ever get into office, I will ban poll reporting!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just look to party leader and master strategist Karl Rove to see which way the party is rigged. The power brokers in the GOP he colludes with are the ones who wield the most power in Congress - McConnell, Demint, even relative newcomer Cantor. Whichever candidate will kowtow to them is likeliest to get their party nomination, no matter which way the polls or voting goes.

They have their favorites, those candidates they know will work well with their agenda, and then they have their less-than-favorites they'd prefer not to nominate but will play along with the dog-and-pony show for the time being. This would include Perry and Gingrich. Perry is so vapid he'd literally be the ultimate puppet - like a GW Bush on steroids. Gingrich is feisty and stubborn, but he knows how to tow a party line. Herman Cain would have been another puppet, but his scandals preclude him ever getting the nomination.

The GOP has it's less-than-favorites, good reliable candidates but not necessarily steeped in the GOP fold, like Romney - he is so centrist he could just as easily be a Democrat and no one would change their opinion about him. But he is also not too 'reliable' (in other words, an independent thinker) from the GOP standpoint. That's why they claim they can't 'trust' him.

Then the GOP has their undesirables. Ron Paul, obviously. Much too independent. He'd attack some of the sacred cows of the GOP plank - defense spending, Fed. Reserve., foreign policy not built around imperialism and exporting 'democracy' at gun point. They also know those too-kooky religious conservatives (Bachmann, Santorum) don't play well with the general public and only tolerate them but would never see them nominated.

I don't know that any of these candidates were 'rigged from the start' to win the GOP nomination, as the real heavyweights in the GOP never entered the race. More like, the GOP rigged this primary to field only weak candidates to let the Dems win again, like they did in 2008. (when it was all but certain the incoming president would get all the blame for the 2007-2009 financial collapse that occurred under Bush).

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I don't know that any of these candidates were 'rigged from the start' to win the GOP nomination, as the real heavyweights in the GOP never entered the race. More like, the GOP rigged this primary to field only weak candidates to let the Dems win again, like they did in 2008. (when it was all but certain the incoming president would get all the blame for the 2007-2009 financial collapse that occurred under Bush).

I totally agree on the 2008 election. They knew this was coming, and nobody wanted it. The only thing that surprised me in 2008 was Hillary sticking it out so long. She should have known better, but maybe she figured it was the best shot for a woman to be elected?

I don't see the incentive to concede this election though? Obama is weakened, and we appear to be primed for a recovery. Even if the Euro falls, it only helps the dollar. One would hope we are at the bottom of this recession, but maybe they know something we don't know?

That is a scary thought! If the GOP wants to lose again..... how bad is it going to get?!?!?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I personally think it is all a big game. One the voters don't even know they are playing. Unfortunately, it's a very real game with very real consequences. It's a game where if you are one of the lucky ones to be able to decide the moves to make, it doesn't matter who wins.

Based on the moves that have already been made, it shows us that the the campaign managers are on to the growing discontent voters have with the government and are offering up the "newbies" that have a chance to garner the most votes in the primaries as not being experienced enough and why the "good ole boys" and career politicians are the better choice.

Of course the voters are going to fall for it. Everyday the "sound bite" generation grows more and more, as campaign management is reflecting. This is why no attention has been turned towards potential Democrat challenges to Obama.

I know a lot of people are saying that Obama is going to win in a Landslide come next election, but I don't see it. Obama is going to have to fight if he wants to win in the polls. His track record over his term is nothing but a joke. All any GOP challenger has to do his watch his old campaign from 2008 and compare it to the "changes" he has made. Then sit back and watch him stumble and bumble over his words trying to explain why the only major thing he has done is bury us more in debt and pass the monstrously of Obamacare.

I think we are doomed when it comes to the 2012 election no matter who we get. The only way anything is ever going to change is if Congress grows a pair and breaks down the ever increasingly powerful financial institutions that keep consolidating power. Only then will the media be able to give more airtime to what is considered "radical" candidates. Without media support there really isn't much we can do and even they are limited by their bosses.

If I was one of the lessor known GOP candidates and my campaign funds allowed it, I'd attempt to run national ads during the televised debates. I don't think the right strategy is to point out why so and so is a better candidate, but to get people to question why they are still voting for the status quo. Education is the only answer.

I hope I stayed on topic enough.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Timing because: spelling.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Timing

I think you are perfectly on topic.

I also think Obama wins in a landslide if Paul doesn't get the nomination.

Obama will energize those voters that he speaks to. They will turn out in droves to support him. The GOP will get a lackluster response. Obama is the incumbent; he can pull a lot of last minute tricks out of his sleeve to change his approval rating at the last minute. Depending on the hot topic next summer, he could do lots of things to improve his rating. Remember when Bush had tax credit money mailed out just before the election? Nothing better than a cool $300 to buy a vote, LOL!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Goes without saying I'm sad to admit. I can't see one candidate beyond Paul worth a spit. As I keep trying to get through my family & friends thick skulls - Two heads - Same Hydra.

Thing is, it doesn't matter who gets into office. All will be bought and paid for, kowtowing to whatever purse holder can keep them in office & make them rich.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I think you are perfectly on topic.

I also think Obama wins in a landslide if Paul doesn't get the nomination.

Obama will energize those voters that he speaks to. They will turn out in droves to support him. The GOP will get a lackluster response. Obama is the incumbent; he can pull a lot of last minute tricks out of his sleeve to change his approval rating at the last minute. Depending on the hot topic next summer, he could do lots of things to improve his rating. Remember when Bush had tax credit money mailed out just before the election? Nothing better than a cool $300 to buy a vote, LOL!

I think whoever get's nominated for the GOP will give Obama a good run as long as they are able to hold their own in a debate.

You are correct with Obama being an extremely good orator. You are right though, the incumbent does have a lot of tricks they can pull. I bet Obama and Bush have a bet running to see how many votes they can buy for the cheapest amount.

I'm guessing the hot topic will still be the economy. Especially with the Euro Zone flirting with disaster. I agree with Ron Paul on a lot of his stances, one of the things I disagree with is his stance on the federal reserve. Yes I agree it is evil, but it is a necessary evil. If he would back off the closing it down talk and instead promote making it operate under complete transparency I think it would help him out a lot.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

At least America wasn't dumb enough to go for Perry.

THANKS GOODNESS for that!! WHEW!!!

What a MESS that degenerate would be as Pres. An imaginary-friend-voice-hearing, cater-to-the-wealthy-at-the-expense-of-Americas-middle-class idiot he is.

Then again, when you think about it, all of them BUMS could be titled "cater-to-the-wealthy-at-the-expense-of-Americas-middle-class".

Republican BUMS.

Total degenerates. EPIC failures.

edit on 3-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

But thats the thing, America WAS dumb enough to go for Perry, if he was able to keep himself from the severe humiliation, he could've held onto his polling numbers long enough to massage his 17 MILLION (the most for this years donations in the GOP party) in campaign funds into the early states.

To the OP:

You really got it down, many of us on ATS saw it very clearly from the beginning, some may have been distracted by Cain and others but we know who is the real deal. If you follow everything very closely, the anti-establishment choice is very obvious.

And your comment on Santorum, I actually do believe Santorum believes in what he is saying, it is just that he is completely misled, I can see his passion though.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Timing

Why is the federal reserve a necessary evil? Are you one of those that believe the $700 BILLION bailouts in 2008 were a necessary evil? How about the over $20 TRILLION in secret bailouts to domestic/foreign private and central banks?

Why is a banking institution allowed to set interest rates? Interest rates should be set by the market.

I'm sorry, it is just very hard for me to swallow that an ATS member thinks the federal reserve is necessary. The nation prospered before the federal reserve and the nation suffered (the great depression, 98% devaluation of the US dollar, the bankruptcy of the government per Public Law: Chap. 48 Statute 112 and the suspension of gold-backed currency) after it was institutionalized.

Why is it a necessary evil, again?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Good post. I agree with much of what you said.

Except for, this being a great idea by the GOP. This strategy, in its entirety, is based on the premise that their GOP candidate, Romney/Newt can beat Obama. Ron is the only one who could. While it might be successful in preventing Ron from getting the nomination, it does not help in getting into the White House. If Ron runs as an independent, the GOP really has no chance.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It was obvious in 2007 that we were going into a huge hole and all the sins of the past decade were about to come up and all the bills were about to come due. Whoever was president in 2008 was going to get a really bad deal and a ton of blame. It was clear to me when McCain picked Palin from out of nowhere that they had no intention of winning. It just made sense to let a Democrat hold the bag for a while, crap all over him, then come back 8 years later when everyone forgets they are pushing the exact same crap that let Bush get us in the hole we were in in the first place.

They do not want to win. They do not want to have to take the blame and they know they cannot fix things any better or any faster.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I think they are all on the same team and the whole campaign process is just a friendly competition intended as entertainment for the 99%.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by maddog99

If I ever get into office, I will ban poll reporting!

You just blew it!!!! I wouldn't vote for you just because of that statement. I mostly agree with your opinions, except for the all powerful dictator attitude.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

LOL!

Don't you agree that reporting the polls with 200 or 300 or 500 respondents, and reporting it as fact sways the vote somewhat? People tend to vote for who they think will win, instead of who they feel is the best candidate. If we could get them to stop reporting speculation on who might win, and just report what the candidates are saying, how the campaign trail is going, and what citizens are raising as concerns or talking points, maybe we could get people voting on the issues.

Politics is a popularity contest, but I don't think it has to be? It could have substance, if we could get the substance into the press corps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join