It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya sends 600 "mercenaries" to fight against Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The new NTC governing body in Libya has sent 600 of its fighters to joint the Free Syria Army trying to overthrow Assads regime.

600 Libyans already fighting in Syria

The Libyan government apparently wants to share its successful experience of overthrowing the Gaddafi regime with like-minded Syrians. It has sent 600 of its troops to support local militants against the Assad regime, according to media reports.

The fighters have joined the Free Syria Army, the militant group carrying out attacks on government forces in Syria, reports the Egyptian news website Al-Ray Al-Arabi citing its sources. The report says the troops entered Syria through Turkish territory.

The fact that Turkey allowed them into Syria would surely add another element to hostilities there. Would that be considered an act of war from Turkey against Syria having helped these guys cross the border?

Last Friday British media reported a secret meeting between NTC envoys and Syrian rebels had been held in Istanbul. The Libyan governing body reportedly pledged to supply arms, money and fighters to the Syrians.

We all know the Libyan rebels/NTC are a hire-an-army mob of Al-Qaeda fighters.....wonder how all this is going to go down.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

It'll go down like Libya. A puppet hardline Muslim government will be installed and the people will be more oppressed than originally but the West will have full access to all of Syria's resources and will then turn a blind eye to the atrocities waged by the new regime.

Honestly, this is World War III. You've got the West employing the Al-Qaeda groups to overthrow the governments of their choosing so they can have the countries resources. The countries already funding Syria (Russia/China) can't do anything about it because it cannot be proven these rebels are being employed by the West/NATO.

The whole situation sucks.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

The countries already funding Syria (Russia/China) can't do anything about it because it cannot be proven these rebels are being employed by the West/NATO.

The whole situation sucks.

So who needs proof? I know it, you know it and the entire World knows it. The West is on a mission to spill blood on a Global scale. It's not a secret.

So if the US can arrest people without proof and keep them locked up on nothing but suspicion, why does the World need proof to label the US as liars?

It's obvious to the entire Globe that the US has to be taken care of...period. No proof needed either.

edit on 30-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I know it and you know it but plenty of people are still ignorant. My facebook account is full of them. I'm still amazing people to this day with my posts yet it just doesn't sink in.

It's in the too hard basket for most and the people who can actually do anything about it are being distracted by Occupy movements to even see what is happening externally. The US do not want their people to become aware of their actions. This is why OWS is happening now and not in 2008.

Their is no solution unless the government can be overthrown and a real person can be installed and not a puppet. Ron Paul seems like the guy to do it but he could just be the most extreme case of TPTB manipulation, he could be the ultimate deceiver. He seems to be the only one understanding the reality of things.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
So the American tax payers are flipping the bill for a CIA backed '600 man militia' to overthrow another government. Gaddafi would've told you that Al Queada was what made up this militia(maybe/probably).

Meh... doubt it.

This should get interesting... can't wait to hear from good ole' Bashar al-Assad on this one...

In regards to Turkey, lets not forget that ...

US lauds Turkey's leadership over Syria sanctions
www.google.com...

I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about US and Turkey relations... but I wonder, how willing Ahmet Davutoglu would be to allow some form of US behind-doors involvement to go down?

Is Turkey really ready and willing to allow this to happen? There's no way this wont be thought of as an 'Act of War' in the eyes of al-Assad.

Now, who do you blame for the 600? Anybody China and Russia will attack? Did this even come from a governing body really, a truly recognized 'Government' to hold accountable?

top topics

join