It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing Foods in the Bible - A Myth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have an occasion to search out what are the healing foods mentioned in the Bible. A Google search brings you to lots of websites that mention foods in the bible - But, it seems the scriptures they use do Not actually say " This food heals, or cures illness or disease".

This is a leap, an assumption the writer is making that is not shown to have validity in the scriptures.

Now, look for yourself, many of these foods have indeed been studied for their antibiotic/antimicrobial properties in many places around the world such as garlic.. But the Bible itself does not claim these foods actually heal or cure anything.

I was surprised to find this because I have heard for years there are healing foods in the bible.

Can anyone actually find where a food in the Bible is said to have healing properties?

If not, despite the truth we know about the science behind such foods, all those websites making claims of " Healing Foods In The Bible" are just using that as a selling tactic and there is no truth in it. These people are being as dishonest as The Devil himself IMO.

What do you think? Does the Bible actually say or not say that any foods in it have healing, curing properties?
edit on 30-11-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
For those who want easy links, here are a few:

www.healingscripture.com...

tohonorhim.suziescybercloud.com...

www.theoldtimegospel.org...

These cite the scriptures the writers use to back up their claims. "God" may tell His People to eat certain things but never does he equate a health benefit with the eating of the foods.

The last link has the largest list on two pages. I keep looking for One scripture that says this food/herb etc has healing or curing properties and I have found none yet.

Therefore it seems the Bible itself DOES NOT claim to have healing foods in it !
edit on 30-11-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have a healing herb from the bible... you ready for this? Marijuana lol. Yes its true, the tree of life produced what many say a white fruit aka THC. The evil ones (i forget the names its been a while since ive studied religious stories) chose alcohol and sinful activities with women while in the dream the righteous ones chose the tree of life. I forget the bible figure that had the dream about the tree of life
... (i do not use nor condone this horrible illegal substance because it makes me want to kill my brother and commit suicide
) haha i hope you enjoy my connection i cant find where i found an article about this from but if i do i will post to your thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Healing foods:

I would say the Tree of Life counts.

Now, whether it exists or not is another thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatshicray
I have a healing herb from the bible... you ready for this? Marijuana lol. Yes its true, the tree of life produced what many say a white fruit aka THC. The evil ones (i forget the names its been a while since ive studied religious stories) chose alcohol and sinful activities with women while in the dream the righteous ones chose the tree of life. I forget the bible figure that had the dream about the tree of life
... (i do not use nor condone this horrible illegal substance because it makes me want to kill my brother and commit suicide
) haha i hope you enjoy my connection i cant find where i found an article about this from but if i do i will post to your thread.

Figure it out because I want to know more, I do condone it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
No I haven't heard of the Bible stating that but Timothy was told to drink for his health!!!!!!

Seriously, Olive leaf is supposed to be really good, I haven't taken it yet, cos I can't find it.

I have a theory that all the fruit mentioned is needed for psychic abilities, as Potassium is needed for fuel for the sodium /potassium pump in all the cells and if you are low, you lose power and can't use your psychic powers.
Which the TPTB know as Barium is antagonistic to Potassium and is in the chemtrails.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I was really hoping I was wrong, that someone could find me numerous examples of scripture that says this food heals or cures.

I would then say to the FDA and The Medical Establishment that at least 2000 years after, they could not change the definition of a "Cure" to reflect only pharmaceuticals because in the Bible God or his messengers even told of foods that would heal and cure.

I guess I can't do that.. Try another tack. The word cure is only mentioned 4 or 5 times and none of those passages have to do with foods that cure.

All I can go by is the ancient Greeks and what they said about health but the Bible would have been a better source.
edit on 30-11-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i think scriptures say that John the Baptist ate only Bee Honey....and perhaps other stuff (maybe Dates/Figs), but principally Honey

his diet was not recommended as healthy...but inferred was the fact that John went through his multi year Baptizing Ministry with that very narrow diet & he not only survived but thrived... so he was not an emaciated 90 lb. weekling, all frail & breakable---IOW he was very robust, hale & healthy with his narrow but natural diet and so- found favor with the Lord of the Bible....
(read into the tale as a 'endorsement' rather than a 'prescription' for consuming Honey)

from what i read... the modern Honey in those plastic 'Bear' decanters... have honey so strained that no pollen is present... rendering modern Honey as a useless sweetner

but being on the topic of healthy foods ..(including drinks...) I ran across this item i would like to share...

Toxic Levels of Arsenic Found in Popular Juice Brands
Wed, Nov 30, 2011

...Tainted brands include Minute Maid, Mott's, Gerber, Welch's, and Great Value (Walmart) among others...

These are some of the 5 popular brands of juices (10 brands of 36 juices tested) which tested higher than what is even allowed in water...
the revealed toxic poisons are Lead and Arsenic in the 'healthy juices' we give to the kids and our own 'health conscious' selves...

where are the FDA regulators & enforcers-> we are paying taxes for their expertise

source: health.yahoo.net...

thanks

edit on 30-11-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I was really hoping I was wrong, that someone could find me numerous examples of scripture that says this food heals or cures.

In fact, there's a whole section of the Old Testament that talks about cures.
Wikipedia links to the "Cliff notes" of Leviticus: en.wikipedia.org...

In a nutshell, women are "unclean" (in a state of advanced sin) after they give birth (they're "Unclean longer if they give birth to a girl.)

Leviticus 13: If you have some sort of lump on your skin, the priest locks you up for a week to see if it's leprosy. If it's not, they keep you locked up until they decide if it's plague or something else. The diagnostics are pretty simple but not effective (it couldn't diagnose shingles, for instance, and couldn't determine skin cancer.)

If you have leprosy, the priests declare you unclean and you have to leave the camp and walk around shouting "Unclean, unclean" (Leviticus 13:45) You can't come into any sacred places. If your clothes have odd stains (like mildew), they are burned.

Leviticus 14 says that if the "leprosy" goes away, then with the appropriate sacrifices you can become clean by making sacrifices to atone for the sin that brought the leprosy on you. It's pretty elaborate.

If the house has a "plague of leprosy" (which actually reads as though it might be mold of some sort if you look at the descriptions), you scrape and replaster and if that doesn't work, then you tear the house down and throw the stones away. And make sacrifices.

Leviticus 15 deals with what appears to be venereal disease (syphilis or something similar.) If you have it, you, everything you touch, and everything you lie or sit on is unclean. Anyone who touches these things is also unclean for the rest of the day (but can make sacrifices and become clean again.) Pots should be broken and clothes should be washed. No treatment is given, only a process when you're "cure" of whatever it is, then you make sacrifices and so forth and are declared clean. Women who have sex with men who have syphilis or another discharge are declared unclean for seven days and then go through rituals and are declared 'clean'.

If a woman has menstrual problems (under today's medical diagnostics what the Bible describes could be endometriosis, a spontaneous early pregnancy termination, perimenopause, fibroids, tumors, cancer, etc) then she's declared unclean. Her bed and clothing are burned and they make a sin offering.

This is the only medical section in the Bible.

There are some anecdotal stories (a king who was cured of leprosy by dipping himself in the River Jordan) but no real prescriptions.

The Bible mentions a lot of foods, but not in the context of health. They're mentioned as favorite foods to eat or foods that are "clean" and not "unclean." There is no real health difference between "clean" and "unclean" foods (shellfish, for instance, are unclean and so are catfish and ostriches and pigs and bears,)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i think scriptures say that John the Baptist ate only Bee Honey....and perhaps other stuff (maybe Dates/Figs), but principally Honey

Honey and locusts (grasshoppers) when he was wandering around in the desert. Otherwise, he ate the normal Jewish diet.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

John the Baptist ate only Bee Honey....

... and locusts

Human consumption of locusts

Several cultures throughout the world are known to consume insects. Even Islamic and Jewish dietary laws, which prohibit the consumption of other insects, allow locusts and crickets to be eaten.[24][25] See also: Kosher locust.

Professor Arnold van Huis at Wageningen University in Netherlands says locusts can produce 1 kg of protein from 2 kg of fodder, compared to a cow needing 10 kg of fodder to produce the same amount of protein. Also of benefit, locusts do not produce greenhouse gases and do not require antibiotics.[26]

wonder what a locust burger would taste like?

i myself have eaten jellied grasshopper, and waterbugs in prune juice, they tasted fine.

edit on 30-11-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Op, I think you are putting the cart before the horse.
Before one can be healed, one must first be ailing.

I seriously doubt Biblical man dealt with the man made virii and diseases we have now because they were not exposed to the chemicals and all the toxins as we are today.
There was no science or Monsanto to poison them, yet.

They merely relied on the natural foods they ate regularly, and I doubt they never even experienced the symptoms of the common cold.

In fact they even lived for several hundred years as a result.

Btw, metaphorically, science is actually the fruit from the tree of knowledge.
The devil was right, man is truly dying after having eaten the fruit and as a result, Man has almost become like God.
Almost, but not quite.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thatshicray

Was there a specific strain or just your common afghan?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Essene Gospel of Peace, book 1

Jesus discusses the perks of a local, living, lacto-vegetarian diet, sprouted breads and all. He also discusses consequences of straying from his recommendations, "lest your bowels become as stinking bogs."

I'm not advocating anything one way or another, just thought some here may find an additional point of view interesting. I have seen some amazing transformations made by people when they forsake a largely processed for a largely raw diet... but everyone is different and life is full of mysteries.

new topics

top topics

join