It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You don't know Jeeeeeesus."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
On Black Friday, my 15 year old daughter went with some friends to do some bargain shopping. At one store, she was appointed to be the one who handed out boxes of shoes to everyone who was calling out their sizes. As someone would call out a shoe size, my daughter would toss her a box. Mind you, this IS Black Friday. As she was doing this, a elderly lady in the background yelled out to her and said, "You don't know Jeeeeeesus!"

My daughter looked at her and said, "Are you talking to me?" in a confused tone.

The elderly lady said, "If you knew Jeeeeesus, you wouldn't act like that and would do things in an orderly fashion."

So, just wondering if you believers have ever told anyone that they don't know Jesus, just because they weren't behaving the same way you would. What would drive a person to say something like that?

BTW, my daughter is a christian.

edit on 30-11-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I stopped shopping on "Black Friday" several years ago after being nearly trampled to death by a wild pack of little old Pentacostal ladies. I think that for the most part true Christianity goes by the wayside on "Black Friday"!

And personally, I don't think your daughter was doing anything wrong. She wasn't hurting anyone and I personally feel like that lady was speaking out of turn!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

What does it matter if my daughter did or didn't know Jesus? What if she knew Allah, or Vishnu instead? Or, didn't give a # about any of those deities? You have to know Jesus in order to do things right?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

reminds me of the movie, "The Water Boy"! Mama said your the devil! Sorry for her ...wierd experience!?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It doesn't matter. I like people of many different faiths and even have an Atheist in the house. I myself am Christian and would never have said such a thing. The old lady was just ticked off because nobody was throwing HER a box of shoes and she wanted to be smug and act all "superior" or something. It was uncalled for.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So, just wondering if you believers have ever told anyone that they don't know Jesus, just because they weren't behaving the same way you would. What would drive a person to say something like that?

I dont have any stats on me, but Im guessing "Jesus" is the most abused name in all of mankinds history.

Doesn't matter.... if Jesus could make it past those who insulted him AND tried to kill him.... instances of people bringing in "Jesus" into silly everyday matters involving shoe sales should hardly be an issue for Jesus.

What would drive a person to say something like that?

I dunno.
Now, this might sound really crazy, but I have this theory that every individual has their own way of seeing things. It might explain why that lady said that.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think this is what happened when that lady got home.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-11-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I find anyone who thinks they know Jesus as being blind and deaf. If they did know jesus then they would know not to judge another person. end of story

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Then again who really knows jesus. He purportedly was alive 2000 years ago and died approx 2000 years ago. There are many wackos in our society. Atleast she didnt tell your daughter she wasbnt saved. Now that would be blasphemis

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Never have said anything like that and never will! I believe in laughing, having fun and living out loud! I can't imagine why that old lady would say something like that, but as we know insane people come in all shapes, sizes and religions!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I would have answered, "Well Madam, apparently neither do you".

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I would have answered, "Well Madam, apparently neither do you".

Yes, but must say it in Stewie's voice.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Nope, never said that. It's rude and accusatory. The days of pointing at people and screaming "witch" are over as science replaced superstition.

Not our place to judge and say who isn't saved and who is not. If it were me i'd have been offended. In fact i did have an elderly person say that to me once and i was offended. That 1800's way of thinking and being judgemental is fading, but not fast enough and those folks give us a bad reputation.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Now, this might sound really crazy, but I have this theory that every individual has their own way of seeing things. It might explain why that lady said that.

Bingo! I agree with you on that. See we can agree on some things even if we disagree on others.

Did this old lady really have to play the Jesus card? Maybe she thought the girl was being selfish or violent and angry? I wasn't there so i do not know.

I highly doubt Jesus would give a thought towards any of that. He would probably either ignore it or just shake his head and walk on. There's a good chance he would've given her a stinging rebuke about judging and being accusatory. i'm leaning heavily on the last one.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
A lot of people think being a christian is wearing neatly pressed, freshly laundered shirts with suite and tie, with a recent short haircut and a clean shave. Having a beard and slightly long hair and no tie meant I was a heathen who was obviously only a visitor at church. And I had to be careful which church I tried to walk into, since not all would welcome me past the door. So being Christian means meeting certain standards of decorum, and nothing to do with being good inside or believing in Jesus, but looking right to a keen observer.
edit on 30-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was at an antique show and one vender was trying to negotiate a lower price with another vender, unsuccessfully.

After he left, the woman said to her friend, "That wasn't very Christian of him, to try to Jew me down like that."

They became aware of my presence when I gigled and she apologized for speaking badly of another vender.

I told her I thought it was ironic, because Jews aren't Christian.

She argued back "A lot of Jews are Christian!"

I giggled again and walked away.
edit on 30-11-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

many religious people use the name Jesus as a way of saying im right and you are wrong...

Clearly she was frustrated because of the usual mob on said day... she likely got pushed around alot that day, and was waiting for her turn which seem to get passed by even though im sure your daughter was trying her best to make everyone happy...

The fact is, if that lady knew Jesus... she would not judge your daughter in such a way.

new topics

top topics

join