It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Everybody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
T-Mack here, posting from the US. I've been an avid reader on the ATS forums for a while, but have never made the decision to become a member until recently with all the $*** floating around in the air nowadays. I've always had a concern in the direction of world events, and it seems like we may be on board the train to some interesting times in the near future.

I'm not really an avid follower of MSM networks like CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC, etc. I like being able to come to ATS because I feel it offers a lot of room for open-mindedness and the ability to partake in some good discussion about pretty much anything. I feel like this would be the appropriate area for me to monitor for the time-being in order to stay properly informed without the delusional propaganda usually accompanying the MSM.

I'm relatively new to visualizing the big picture, and am far from considering myself an intellectual on any matter, but I am willing to learn from all of you other members in order to further fuel my own thought and eventually be able to develop some original ideas myself that I can share with you all from my perspective. All in all I am grateful to be considered a member of this community and look forward to my future interactions on ATS.

Thanks everybody... =)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Welcome,

Just make sure your posts are wrapped in bacon (sexy) and watch out for the vegans (liars).
The bacon (truth) is everywhere, this site is actually bacontastic (fantastic with an edge).
So enjoy your stay baconaut (spaced out baconader, brother).
There's a lot of bacon rolls (food for thought) just make sure you have a baconade (any drink with slice of bacon) by your side and you'll be perfectly fine.
After you've made yourself at home and read some threads and posted some, you can also bring home the bacon (create thread).

Take care and hope to see you around the boards

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hey welcome to the boards, T, I would say because you are willing to learn new things and "expand" your mind a bit more, that would definitively qualify you for being an intellectual

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hello and Welcome to ATS
Lots of topics to get into..
Again Welcome

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Welcome, welcome, enjoy your stay.

I concur with the sentiment that most mainstream news networks tend to be crap.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

This is a place where people from all sorts of backgrounds can meet up and share their understandings about this chaotic world and most important, find the solution to the future.

I wish you a pleasant stay in this forum and I believe the next few years are the most exciting in billions of years. This is what we all have been waiting for, just like the prophecies foretell(good people will make it).

The positive force in the world is present here and now and more and more people will find it I believe. In my humble opinion it is all about becoming a good person. The way I follow to cultivate myself(the unique way which was introduced to mankind in 1992 like the Swedish prophecy from Falun foretold) is Falun Dafa which is a mind-body cultivation where you try to assimilate yourself to Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life. I guess that is a reason 100 million people have started doing it and it is free of charge.

Wish you all the best in the future.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good
edit on 1-12-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to reply to my post with such a welcoming aura and even some new and interesting thoughts... Anyway, some things have been bugging me lately especially the new S1867 bill (if it's passed it's collectivity along with the USA PATRIOT (POS) Act could be extremely detrimental to the American Bill of Rights).

I saw another post on the approval of drone usage domestically here in the US, another about smart phones being the ultimate form of tracking and monitoring an individual, and also a new collaboration between Canadian and American law enforcement agencies in keeping track on who enters and exits the country. It seems like TPTB are keeping a strong eye on us and freedom is only becoming more and more tarnished as the times move on.

I know that I shouldn't be really including all these ideas in the introductory post, but this is the only way I can communicate them outward so far as I am not really sure how posting threads works (this is actually the first forum I've ever been a member of! =/ kinda embarrassing so to speak, but there is no point in not being honest!)

Anyway, more ideas on how I can appropriately go about keeping my eyes and ears open to the bigger picture about whats happening on the American front would be greatly appreciated. I'm fearful that martial law is becoming a reality, and that the freedoms I once enjoyed as an American citizen being totally forgotten -- and even possibly an NWO being in the works. Terrifying stuff, really... also, outside perspectives are welcome too! Just because I'm an American does not by any means constitute the fact that I don't appreciate opinions from citizens of other countries, even if they are of negative light!

We are all people when it comes down to it, and I'm looking for brothers and sisters on the intellectual playing field! Race, religion and country are not a qualifying element... as long as you have a decent head on your shoulders, I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks! =)

- T

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, seems like you are open minded which is exactly what you need in here. There are tons of articles new and old that should get you started in any direction you seek information from. ATS has discussed pretty much everything there's to discuss about our lives and the world we live in. If you have a topic in mind that you would like to read about, just make use of the search feature and grab a cup of coffee.

This is the same warning I give everyone that comes in here; Whenever you decide to have your own post, don't forget NOT to take things said here too personal, there are a lot of trolls that all they want to do is discourage people from speaking their minds. If you are happy with that and don't mind others trashing your posts then you will fit right in!

Enjoy your stay here at ATS!

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Welcome.

new topics

top topics

join