It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
the woman told investigators she had been cooking tofu and the explosion, which blasted a 4-foot by 6-foot window out of the building, occurred as she was rinsing off the pan. Corah said natural gas is not suspected to have been behind the blast. The blast caused an estimated $15,000 worth of damage to the building.
The damage caused by the blast is estimated to be about $15,000. The woman told the investigators from the fire department that she was cleaning a pan that she had cooked tofu in when suddenly she saw a spark. The spark totally knocked out the window in the house sending it to the street below.
Curiously the officials say they did not see any evidence of fire when they checked the scene. The investigators have also ruled out the involvement of natural gas.
First, whole Soybeans are soaked in water and then ground down with water, the resulting liquid after straining is what makes soy milk. The soy milk is then heated up and coagulated. The common coagulates are calcium sulfate, magnesium chloride and nigari. Less coagulant produces softer tofu, more of it produces harder tofu. Once the majority of the milk is coagulated, the curded mixture is poured into a cheese cloth lined mold and allowed to sit in a block. After several minutes (when the tofu becomes firmer) it is stored in small packages and filled with water.
Originally posted by FissionSurplus
That pan must have been mighty hot when she put it in the water.
There have been issues with natural gas fracking causing people's water to become flammable. They say they ruled out natural gas, but there had to be something explosive right there for the spark to trigger an explosion.
Perhaps too much methane in the immediate area....? Eating a lot of veggies can sometimes cause a great deal of gas.