It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consumer Reports tests juices for arsenic and lead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Consumer Reports tests juices for arsenic and lead

news.consumerreports.org

The tests of 88 samples of apple juice and grape juice purchased in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut by Consumer Reports staffers found that 10 percent of those samples had total arsenic levels exceeding federal drinking-water standards of 10 parts per billion (ppb) and 25 percent had lead levels higher than the 5 ppb limit for bottled water set by the Food and Drug Administration. Most of the arsenic detected in our tests was the type called inorganic, which is a human carcinogen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Dirty Secret In Your Glass Of "Healthy" Orange Juice - Proof That Globalism = Nasty Feces
DARPA calls for antibiotic replacement

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

FDA data and other research reveal that arsenic has been detected at disturbing levels in other foods as well.

Nothing is good anymore
Everything is tainted with toxins... EVERYTHING!

Remember my thread about Orange Juice
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does that mean that on top of that orange juice issue there may be lead and arsenic in there too?

Not too long ago I made a thread somewhat about transhumanism
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They have hijacked evolution, forget darwinism now

With all the antibiotics in the water, estrogen and mood alterin agents, as you see from the second ATS thread link above DARPA wants to replace antibiotics with nanoparticles

Just imagine, it will be big corporations and lobbyists that will determine our evolution now instead of nature.

And then with all of that how about a genitically modifed mosquito pricking us
www.gizmag.com...

What's next?
is there even something next?
How much more is possible?

See, i've mentioned so many bad things and didn't even yet spoke about the ill effects of Arsenic and Lead!!!!!!!!!

news.consumerreports.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You do realize that arsenic is naturally occuring ... right?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Yes I realize it, if you read the article this is inorganic Arsenic not organic
Yes inorganic can still be naturally occuring, just like poison ivy, you want to eat some poison ivy like betel leaves?

Weathering of rock is the most known source of inorganic arsenic and is a human carcinogen

So i'm not too sure what your point is

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

You do realize that high levels of anything isn't good for you, naturally occurring or not.

There's not much we can do, even if we all go organic, we find that that stuff is tainted as well. These companies use tap water to make their juices, sodas, beers, etc., so even if we avoid drinking water out of the tap, we still get it in our beverages, in "unknown doses."
Buy products from manufacturers in states/towns that do not have Fluoridated tap water for least harmful beverages.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The radiation just isn't going fast enough eh, their depopulation, and all their chemicals, so they've added arsenic and lead to the foods as well as every other thing you can imagine.

www.guardian.co.uk...

World Cancer Research Fund recommends 100% abstaining from all processed meats including hot dogs, salami, etc, high cancer risk, and its something to do with additives.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

My point ... in picture form.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

My point ... in picture form.

Can you tell me where you got your degree on human evolution?

I could say alot but i'll let you watch the video and respond

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Drinking water standards are whatever seemed like a good idea at the time. There is something called a dose-response curve that says below a certain dose, effects cannot be determined, i.e., no response. You should understand that there is a little bit of everything in everything else. One part per billion lead means that 99.9999999% is not lead.
Arsenic in water is common. Some plants tend to concentrate heavy metals [don't use Milorganite in the tomato garden] and increase the concentration of the soil constituents in their leaves, stems, and fruit.
Part of the perceived problem is the recent ability to quickly analyze materials for extremely low levels of components. The Pb and As were always there but below detection limits or difficult to analyze for the small lab. Not any longer. Now, we have folks who expect nothing in water but water and even buy bottled spring water thinking that it is somehow better than tap water. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. The act of handling water, including purification, adds to its content. Get used to the idea that you have been, are now, and will be, eating, drinking, and breathing very low levels of things that in high concentration can damage the body. Every person and animal has done this from the beginning and will continue to do so.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
Arsenic in water is common.

Again that is Organic Arsenic, which is not a human carcinogen
Here we are talking about inorganoic arsenic which IS a human carcinogen

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

I see your point, but when its brought to my attention its SCARY!!!

Its just one of those things. I understand that just the fact of 'living' we are exposed daily to a multitude of substances ranging from healthy to not. But if I can consciously avoid certain harmful substances that I have been made aware of, It would help to make me feel like I am/can do something about it. So I guess its the point of knowing - because what good is information without proper implementation.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I could say alot but i'll let you watch the video and respond

Would it be surprising that Paleolithic people had low to nonexistent rates of diabetes? Anyone who is physically active (expends several thousand calories a day in intensive activities) and eats a high fiber, high saturated fat diet has essentially the same risk as a Paleolithic. I am not as convinced on the heart disease argument … without intact specimens to examine, how can we know what the rate was, let alone suggest, like Robb does, that the rate is zero?

As to Robb’s cancer argument, its hogwash … pure unadulterated horse manure. There is an entire subset that studies this called Paleo-oncology and even despite the lack of soft tissue samples, they have documented many cancer cases in hunter gatherer societies.

Sorry, but you are going to have a difficult time convining me that we were better off 10,000 years ago based on that.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

All forms of arsenic are common in water. Come out from the hidey hole you jump into when reality strikes and educate yourself.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

All of my information shows that most of the arsenic in water is inorganic, usually arsenates or arsenites. Do you have a reference saying most is organic? Organo arsenicals were used as pesticides and some may still be used. Leaching of those materials into ground waters plus microbial formation of organo arsenicals would be the sources.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Rob is selling a book based on the concept that paleolithic people did not have significant amounts of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer so that is what he is going to say. How can 10,000 year old partial skeletons show the evidence of these diseases? How many samples of paleolithic skeletons does the world have and are they representative of the population as a whole? I think Rob is guessing so that he can sell his book.
I have not read his book, but the gist of most of these diets is to eat more whole grains and exercise more. Rob may add "Eat at least one mammoth sandwich a week for B complex vitamins."

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Nothing is good anymore
Everything is tainted with toxins... EVERYTHING!

Yep. That's why everyone is sick and getting sicker.

Fat too. It's part of the disease process. But clean-ups cost money, cut into profits. Better to depopulate, and use toxic chemicals to create a compliant, easily-manipulated sub-class.

S&F&

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

That is a funny picture you post, however I have to say just because they ate "organic" foods how does this make it better for them?? Which one of the cavement did studies on what they were eating?? Poison......who knows, but we are smart enough now to keep that crap out of everything in my opinion.....This is unacceptable in today's standards!

top topics

join