It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

china to ban adverts on t.v.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
channel hopping last night and came across c.c.t.v news. To cut a long story short, the communist party has banned adverts in the middle of t.v dramas stating'' t.v stations are for public benefit not corporations and that they are asking for public help to let the authorities know if t.v channels don't abide,.
why are not western governments more public oriented?
The funny thing is I can imagine some top level communist party leader really enjoying a period drama and then an advert for toys r us coming on and screaming ''that's it I'm banning adverts''.
Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is what you would expect from a communist country. In reality, adverts help to pay for a shows production and if you cut off that revenue stream then you may also limit the amount of quality shows that are produced. Sounds like a good idea for the people watching but ultimately, it serves to make your experience worse over time.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
think its a good idea.. and they are correct it is for public benefit not the corporations.

havent watched television since 79/80..

least now not have to worry over my grandson getting bombarded with commercials and wanting all the worthless rubbish that gets advertised..
once more china doing something right..

May have to break down and watch the period dramas next year when I go visit my son and his family in china next year..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Unless its a live sporting event i rarely watch live tv anyway. Anything i want to see I use the tivo/dvr for. So when its time for me to watch i just fast forward the commercials anyway. Everybody wins. I see no ads the corps get to feel as if they reached their target audience rinse/repeat.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
This is what you would expect from a communist country. In reality, adverts help to pay for a shows production and if you cut off that revenue stream then you may also limit the amount of quality shows that are produced. Sounds like a good idea for the people watching but ultimately, it serves to make your experience worse over time.

Funny that it's happening in a country that isn't Communist, isn't it?

However I agree with you.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

China isn't Communist? Hmm, when did that happen?

edit on 30-11-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount
channel hopping last night and came across c.c.t.v news. To cut a long story short, the communist party has banned adverts in the middle of t.v dramas stating'' t.v stations are for public benefit not corporations and that they are asking for public help to let the authorities know if t.v channels don't abide,.
why are not western governments more public oriented?
The funny thing is I can imagine some top level communist party leader really enjoying a period drama and then an advert for toys r us coming on and screaming ''that's it I'm banning adverts''.
Any thoughts?

So who will then pay for the production of your favorite shows? Non pay tv channels are dependent on income from ads. This would kill commercial stations completely only leaving pay tv and state tv.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Back in the late 70's. It is Communist in name only.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wow, people are stupid. Everyone realizes that the shows they love get most of their money from those advertisements right?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by Helious

Back in the late 70's. It is Communist in name only.

What history class did you fail?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

China has never been truly communist. It is a dictatorship, that is not communism. They are communist in name only.

To be truly communist they would have to have worker control of production, and no profit making economy, as resources are freely distributed and communally owned.

China is state capitalism, always has been. Communism was nothing but propaganda, on both sides. China used it to appease their people, and have them believe the party is for them, and the west used it to demonize communism, by associating the bad things of those countries with it. Their economic problems come from their isolationism, and that isolationism is why they are demonized by the west. Their social problems come from their culture.

They lied to their people, just like your government does when it tells you capitalism is free-markets.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

What history class did you fail?

'History' classes in state schools is propaganda.

You have to learn what these terms really mean, and have a sense of working class history, not his-story of the capitalist class.

How can China be communist? When Mao was alive it was a dictatorship, it is now fully capitalist. It was communist in name only, as was the USSR.

You have to learn to differentiate what is propaganda, and what is fact.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by allintoaccount

wow they are lucky.. I wonder how much of our lifes are wasted watching adverts...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

edit on 30-11-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

It didn't happen in a period of time, it happen in a location. Most of us know the location to be REALITY.

new topics

top topics

join