It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you feel sorry for a defeated Iran?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Forgive my third thread of the day, but, to me, some sort of military action against Iran now seems sadly inevitable.

Call me odd [shut up] , but if Iran becomes another messy, watered down middle east mess as a result of the ‘west’ attacking, I would feel sorry for Iran.

Although Iran is clearly an expert at annoying the west, does it deserve to be ‘sprung’?

I would feel somehow sad for Iran.

Any opinions on this?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

The only thing Iran deserves is to be left the hell alone.

Western and European nations really need to mind their own business. If they start a war, well they'll only have themselves to blame. There's no credible proof that Iran is preparing for any sort of large scale military action.

Sure there's plenty to say their developping nuclear weapons, and I'm totally fine with that. It would probably do the ME some good if there was another nation who could tell the US and it's allies where to go.

I feel bad for any nation that is brought under a military dictatorship/occupation. Much like Iraq and Afghanistan...

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I would feel sorry for the world for not being able to fix its problems.

A defeated Iran would be the catalyst for ww3. Or an invaded or bombed Iran even.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It’s the goading and the way the west will McCountry Iran that saddens me. I will feel sorry for them.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Generally speaking yes i would as Iran has ranted a lot since the late 70's but hasn't directly attacked anyone for over 100 years.

On the flip side, since the end of the Shah, they have sponsored terrorism around the world so a 'bit of a slap' may be in order.

I certainly would not want war with Iran or with anyone else in the Middle East to be honest though. We should be concentrating on building a future rather than destroying one.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yes, I agree with that. I do feel Iran will be a different and stronger prospect in terms of attacking.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I feel terrible for any country that is involved in war on any level. I feel bad for the people of the USA that have to wave good bye to their loved ones who are shipped off to fight in foreign lands, I feel bad for the people of those foreign lands who have their lives destroyed. There are no winners in war.

DULCE ET DECORUM EST(1)

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares(2) we turned our backs
And towards our distant rest(3) began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots(4)
Of tired, outstripped(5) Five-Nines(6) that dropped behind.
Gas!(7) Gas! Quick, boys! – An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets(8) just in time;
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling,
And flound'ring like a man in fire or lime(9) . . .
Dim, through the misty panes(10) and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering,(11) choking, drowning.
If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud(12)
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,

My friend, you would not tell with such high zest(13)
To children ardent(14) for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est Pro patria mori.(15)

Wilfred Owen 8 October 1917 - March, 1918

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

A bit of Wilfred...... good shout.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I would feel sorry for all the children that will be mamed, killed etc...

Its not about iran, its about the innocence of children.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I dont wish to offend, but I guess im saying its like raping a country. Anyway, we shall have to see what happens.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Thanks, I think it is a poem every person should know and understand. I also think it is especially important that soldiers know this poem, I quote it often to my husband, who is a soldier....

The first time I read it was in an evening English class on a army post, my classmates were mostly soldiers, it was very interesting to hear how they felt about this poem.

It makes me cry every time I read it, the power of certain words constantly astounds me, no matter how many times I read them....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I would be thrilled if we (US/Israel) lost handily. I would party and celebrate if they sunk our carriers and blasted Israel into dust. For once, we would be shown what for.

Should we win, I will definitely feel sorrow for them. And that much more hatred for our slave masters.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thats an honest reply, ookie.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Well my friend hopefully it never comes to this and there people rise up and say enough is enough.

Do we really need nuke power? We have all the resources oil and gas and the key to the straight of Hormuz?
So why do we need to seek nuke materials and bombs?

To kill. To destroy others.

Why?

Religion...

Need I say more.

Lets see we send those Christian science monitor people all over to hostile enviroments. Good kind loving people who really want to help.

And what happens they get captured by taliban and get beheaded.

For real.

Peaceful people do not do these barbarick things.

These poeple belive that we are the unclean the evil and should die.

Now the iranian youth see right through this bull shart and know how good it could really be in there great country. But instead they let the mullahs oppress them an tell them the way they feel is evil and they should foolow the teachings of Islam. Where they will not even follow the teachings of Islam. If they did they would not be tourturing there own people in their prisons. Their own people.

Their own people feer they will not live through the day and here our prisoners are complaining becasue they cannot have cable in there rooms or workout equipment or play time.

There is good and evil in the world.

Lets see Us Good check
Iran ahhh no.

No checky for you.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Generally speaking yes i would as Iran has ranted a lot since the late 70's but hasn't directly attacked anyone for over 100 years.

On the flip side, since the end of the Shah, they have sponsored terrorism around the world so a 'bit of a slap' may be in order.

I certainly would not want war with Iran or with anyone else in the Middle East to be honest though. We should be concentrating on building a future rather than destroying one.

No, I believe since the end of the Shah the West have continually tried to inspire revolutions and coups in the country. And what you call "sponsoring terrorism" is just "Blowback" for the West's actions

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

I actually think every leader should be force fed poetry from the Great War - it resonates decades later. If you can read through that sort of poetry and suffering and still think you are right about a course of action that leads to war then i personally would have more respect for our leaders - it would show that at least they have thought about the suffering to be inflected. Honestly, these days it almost appears to be a case of sticking a pin in a map and saying "ours" with no thought to how this will be acheived.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Islam is an evil cult. I pray that we are not stupid enough to put troops on the ground there. However, allowing such a state to develop nuclear weapons is unthinkable. I suggest the immediate use of an EMP blast to remove the threat.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Depends upon the particular actions to be honest and not all have been aimed at the west so you are both right and wrong in what you say.

And by a 'bit off a slap' i do not necessarily mean by military action. There are all sorts of other options available, such as banning oil exports (obviously wouldn't happen as we wouldn't want to cut off our noses to spite our faces).

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Please, no more poetry. Or I'll get Tony Stanza on to you.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Now do I blame the Iranian people. No . Do I feel for them. Yes I do. I feel for every person on this planet. Except I have a hard time feeling for bad people. People who do evil things like hurt innocent people women children others for no reason other than greed and hatred.

Nobody should have to live through war. But sometimes we go down the wrong path and even though the whole world is screaming stop you just keep on walking through that door. So when one day the door is slammed in your face and you stand there with your face all bloody you have to finally realize then that hey well maybe we should not have done that. Can we turn around?? Ahhh to late...

This is why when there is a conflict. Like Irak shock and awe remember. What did the US do?

Did we carpet bomb innocent civilians.

Hell NO!!
We located all the top poloticians and upper command and control and communications and all the upper leveles of command and we dropped a 500lb d-jam on every last target day after day after day.

Yes alot of people died in the bombing but it saved alot of lives in the long run. This is how you deal with this. The people are not really the target but the policy makers are the real target.

It is a shame yes. And we should all be sinpathetic to the civilians men women and children at all cost.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join