It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones will soon be cleared for use in US skies by the FAA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It looks like the FAA is soon going to clear rules for the use of drones inside the US.

Drones cleared for domestic use across the US

The Federal Aviation Administration is looking into rules that will bring the controversial aircraft into the country, creating an United States airspace buzzing with tiny, robot planes to look over every inch of American soil — and maybe more.

An article published Tuesday in the Los Angeles Times reveals that new drone planes could be coming domestically quite soon, as both law enforcement and the agricultural sector are seeing benefits in keeping an arsenal of unmanned planes ready to patrol the skies. For farmers, drones could bring a new method of pumping pesticides into fields of crops from above; for the cops, the aircraft could conduct surveillance over suspected criminals (think police chopper but remote controlled). The Times reports that utility companies see a benefit in drones as well, giving them a new set of eyes to monitor oil, gas and water pipelines.

But with missile-equipped drones causing thousands of deaths overseas, the installation of a drone program stateside could be detrimental to America as the government all but deems the country fit as a warfront.

"It's going to happen," Dan Elwell, vice president of civil aviation at the Aerospace Industries Association, tells the Times. "Now it's about figuring out how to safely assimilate the technology into national airspace."

RT

Sure, they say its for law enforcement and agriculture and civilian uses and such but, further on in the article, it mentions that the US military is planning to train more drone pilots than it has for other aircraft in the future.

With congress ready to declare the homefront a battlefield in the "war on terror", how long before we see hellfire toting drones above the skies in your hometown?

And how long after that before we become accustomed to the reality of US citizens being referred to as "collateral damage" in the war on terror?

edit on 11/30/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Does this really shock you? I'm actually quite surprised this hasn't happened years ago.
Citizens of America have been being spied on for years now; phone taps, compromising cell signals, spending tracking, etc... The only difference now is that we may actually SEE these spying devices.
It's merely a different soundtrack, to the same old story.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

The spying part doesn't surprise me. What bothers me is that they could have military drones patroling our skies with hellfire missiles, ready to rain down on suspected "domestic terrorists".

Of course, if you happen to live in the same apartment complex as those "domestic terrorists", they'll just call you "collateral damages" and pat themselves on the back for having kept America safe from the evil threat of "TERRORISM".

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I understand what you mean. The 'TERRORISM' the American Government has created, and funded for decades. Now that the chickens are coming home to roost, they now have a good excuse to create more fear. To create more poverty and destruction.
A much easier way to move common, everyday folk to their new Detention Camps.

Check out the videos here: FEMA CAMPS

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The same rules apply for manned military aircraft flying in civilian airspace. Unless you live near a gunnery range you`re probably not going to see anything slung underneath the wings unless its an external fuel tank. Even when doing deployment flights US aircraft are forbidden to carry ordinance even for their 20, 25, and 30mm cannons.

Now if some lunatic steals a tank again and goes on a joyride thru the streets we might have a good chance at seeing a drone with a Hellfire or SDB.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Well yeah, for now military planes can't just go flying just anywhere over the country loaded with ordinance but, if Congress gets their way, the whole country will be labeled as a front on the "war on terror" and it won't be long before we see, not just planes loaded with ordinance patrolling the skies, but also troops keeping us all "safe" patrolling outside your back window.

Once this happens, drones loaded with missiles blowing up anyone who the government even thinks is a little bit suspicious can't be far behind.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

And most of those soldiers will be of course the National Guard which is only part time weekend warriors and alot of wannabe Soldier of Fortune. Think of the level of incompetance here and imagine how easy it would be to aquire military equipment if there are soldiers patroling every street corner. Theres not enough to enforce martial law in the US, they would have to draft ppl into it and then you`d have all kinds of corruption.

I can see drones taking over alot of transporting missions as im sure large drones are in the works as well as air2air refueling, jamming, electronic warfare and maybe even AWACS and JSTARS in the not to distant future.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There should be a new TV show called....."I'm an American civilian, get me out of here!"

I feel for the civilians of America.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah I don't know what I saw in the sky a few minutes ago but it made me come in and punch "Drones" in ATS search and here I am.

The philosophical questions just the thought of Drones Over America produce in my mind. Would we ever use them on our own shores and/or citizens?

Would China--some day--mass produce Drones like they were greedily getting Wal-Mart stocked & ready for Black Friday and give us Hell from afar?

These drones, methinks, are bad ju-ju.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
FYI, drones have been flying to and from an Air Base near me since 1990. They are not shaped like the stealth one that went down in Iran, they are the old school ones.

But up close (I've used binoculars), they look like this (The one below is orange, I've seen the orange one, there are also white ones):

Because my local Air Base have been flying these drones in my area for over 20 years I doubt anyone will be able to stop them from continuing, the drones are clearly harmless, their purpose is unknown, perhaps simply to survey the airspace, I can only speculate. They look like cigar shaped UFOs or slow moving missiles until you get out your binoculars and zoom in, then you can see the tiny wings. They fly very high up, so high the wings are usually not visible to the naked eye except for the shadow of the wings which you can see in the first video. The first time I saw them as a kid UFO did cross my mind, but I actually did some research and came to the correct conclusion, that they were drones. Because the operations of these drones is above top secret, literally, no one talks about them.

Because no incidents have taken place in the 20+ years that these drones have been flying over my house I am not worried by this new 'news'.

edit on 10-12-2011 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2011 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Because no incidents have taken place in the 20+ years that these drones have been flying over my house I am not worried by this new 'news'.

Your reasoning sucks.

Because they haven't interred anyone in camps since WW2, I'm not worried about being interred in the future.

Because they haven't declared martial law in all the years it's been possible, I am not worried they will in the future.

new topics

top topics

join