It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Britain expels Iranian officials from UK following attack on embassy in Tehran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by ken10

reply to post by boymonkey74

Iran let this happen,if they didn't even orchestrate it. They dont want peaceful relations......

Again,I am surprised they didnt take hostages.

Probably because it wasn't state sanctioned !!!

The West are imposing sanctions against Iran, that affects ALL Iranians, and we expect them to be happy about it.

I'm more worried about what Russia and China think about this, Iran is a huge potential ally for them should the shtf....Which is looking more and more likely everyday.

edit on 30-11-2011 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

The majority of demonstrators were from a student Basij militia organisation. We should be clear from the outset that this is an organisation controlled by elements of the Iranian regime.

Not State sanctioned?
Or "officially" sanctioned?

Says who ? William Hague

You've heard of propaganda right ?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Question then...........................
So the Iranians,or Iranian people SHOULD destroy embassy's,when they are having problems with particular Nations,and the Iranian Government should wait HOURS to stop said protesters ?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by eniranjanrao

Pity they are grounded at the moment :/
and maybe scrapped.
www.flightglobal.com...

www.politicshome.com...
edit on 30-11-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Just like the riots here (England) in the summer, People reacted to oppression and the police didn't respond for HOURS.

It happens.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Now that had me rolling all over the floor, English Embassy
??? Whats that Mr I dont know where I was born President
..... Oh you mean BRITISH Embassy.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Expel all the muslims not just the diplomats!

Send all muslims away.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Just like the riots here (England) in the summer, People reacted to oppression and the police didn't respond for HOURS.

It happens.

What oppression was the Embassy engaged in?

Sanctions?

These riots occurred AFTER Iran reduced ties to Britain,because of sanctions.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Forget it

edit on 30-11-2011 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Bit silly that isn't it some of my best pal's are muslim's..
Remember Muslims,Christians,White's,Black's all love their children too.
Also remember that Britain is a mongrel nation we have embraced culture's different than our own and had 2000 years of invasions,immigration and infusion's of different ideas and thats what put's the Great in Great Britain

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Sorry,but your saying its right for this to happen.

I think its wrong. Just like I would think it would be wrong if the Average "student" in Britain decided to attack,loot,set fire to the Iranian embassy,because they have a legitimate,or illegitimate reason to do it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Ever read any of your history? No. Otherwise you would not utter such dangerous words.

If you are a non-muslim, by definition no muslim is your friend. You display a dangerous lack of understanding of what Islam is and what it means to be a muslim.

As your lands are subdued and the call to prayer replaces the ringing of bells, as Islam ascends and your culture is replaced, as is historically supported, you will not wonder why because you are deceived and made to submit. And you wear your submission as a badge of honor as do all good dhimmis.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Iran let this happen,if they didn't even orchestrate it. They dont want peaceful relations......

Again,I am surprised they didnt take hostages.

Probably because it wasn't state sanctioned !!!

I find it quite odd that you would believe that Iranian authorities are more likely to take hostages than a group of frothing flag-burners, despite the fact that it would severely damage Iran's credibility internationally if this had actually occurred.

Whether or not diplomatic personnel could have been considered hostages at any stage is currently a matter of opinion. Personal accounts of exactly what happened, possibly resulting in further damaging accusations directed at Iran, are not going to surface while the diplomatic personnel remain in Iran (they have now left).

Iranian media (Mehr) had reported that the 'protesters' had taken diplomats hostage before police had released them. This report was then removed. One could argue that they were in effect held hostage by police, ostensibly for their own safety, this while the 'protesters' trashed the place and stole various items.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

No I think your wrong my pal's are Muslim and we have had long chat's about their Religion and like many Christians they do not follow their Holy book word for word, they use it as a guide line on how to live their life but they don't use it as the Law of their life.
Your thinking about people who are fundamentalist and my Muslim pal's don't agree with them one bit they say they are moderate Muslims.
You are in America so you don't know how British Muslim's live.
SO don't you dare tell me they are not my friends because I would do anything for them and I know they would do anything to me.
Also you say I know nothing of my own country's history pfft you just sound like you hate Muslims to me.....
Heck I visit a mosque every friday taking a patient to do his prayers and I have had chat's with the Iman many time's and he is a peaceful decent intelligent guy who I would gladly have a pint with (If only they drank
)
And before you say anything no Iam not Religious at all.
I feel sorry for YOUR lack of understanding because it seems it has all come from FOX news to me....
edit on 30-11-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
All the posts on this thread make good points however one thing is left out. The sacking of the British Embassy by the Iranians is an act of war just as was the taking of the US Embassy in 1979-80 and the hostage taking that ensued. See The Vienna Convention on Consular Relations and Optional Protocols www.sos.state.tx.us... Iran has a history of this type of action.

Britain has a right to declare was and not take military action against Iran. However, any further attacks by Iran against British interests including terrorist attacks could be construed as a direct military act by Iran alone. In that case Britain is a member of the NATO alliance and the alliance clearly states that an attack against one is an attack against all. WWIII would be on and Iran would be the first victim and reduced to atomic rubble. My best,

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I disagree with this because it closes another door toward's a peaceful outcome.
If we can't talk to them we can't sort it out...
Heck it's a mess isn't it

A peaceful outcome is not part of the script

IRM

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join