It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember this next time you holiday in Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I watched this vid and my heart wept. These are amongst thousands of children living in cars all over the US, a third of the total being in Florida. Saying it's a disgrace just doesn't cut it.
But I have hope that these children are our future, and what a difference they will make to the world we live in.....given the chance.
These kids are true survivors and that's why I posted this here

Rainbows
Jane

PS in case I have messed up the video link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
heartbreaking video..and eye opener as to what some families are having to endure.

My admiration for these kids , who hang on to hope, and work hard at their education so they can one day overcome their poverty is immense.

I am so grateful that the county does help, and people who can afford it give donations to this cause...even if it is only clothing...or canned goods.

Thank you for sharing this video..I missed that episode of 60 minutes, and it is truly an eye opener , as well as a heart breaker.. but watching the resilience of these families, and the determination to make the best out of a bad situation is inspiring.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Definitely an eye opener. Even though you know it exists, you do not see it that often. Thanks for the video.

U

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And here I was being grouchy this morning. More is coming and I can only pray for the children. Amazing kids though, eh?

Thanks for sharing. Grouchy has become extremely grateful this morn.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Family and I who are ex Florida natives we talking about the story. Breaks our hearts to see a once thriving area standing better than other areas of the country(vs a lot of the rural US, etc)to fall so hard. While I had never been homeless in FL, I've been homeless in the NW and California. The climate and the mosquitoes would be a different challenge. How it must be on a child, as the ones I've seen going through the ordeal with parents, is a struggle. Even more concerning is this is not isolated at all, it seems to becoming a common thing, one video mentions 11 percent of American children are homeless? I applaud there bravery.

top topics

join