It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch A Bunch Of Dogs Experience Sunlight And Grass For The First Time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
I believe animals are food.

When you spiritually evolve you won't. You can't see your arrogance because you happen to have been born into a species that's on top of the food chain.

But mistreating them in any way just for humans to live comfortably, is cruel and inhumane.

Enslaving and killing animals to eat their bodies is cruel and inhumane and entirely motivated by humans wanting to live "comfortably". The uncomfortable choice would be the vegan diet or at least the vegetarian diet.

No wonder this world is screwed. All too many are void of nominal compassion and the ability to put themselves in the shoes of another. It's pathetic. As a species, we're pathetic.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
reply to post by Burgo1010

Same happened to me, and it changed my life for the better. May all sentient beings forgive us for the crimes we have committed against them and each other.

Just imagine what an outsider of this world would think after watching human behavior, what we do to each other and the living things we're supposed to watch over.

We still have people walking around with the mentality that animals are food for humans and nothing more. We are in a sad misguided state right now, that's for damn sure. People have no respect for life and freedom, none. Sickening.

Excuse me, I'm going to go punch a wall.

Hit that wall with a straight right for me too. There's far too many hypocritical omnivores compartmentalizing empathy in this thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

That's just bloody brilliant and beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. I think I will divert my APA donation this year to this organization once I learn a little more about them.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Great video but i have to disagree about the testing on animals thing. My position on this is clear: if it is for medicine / human advancement then ok. If it is for anything else then it should be a no no.

There is much to be said about the medical and pharmaceutical industry and how it is actually a mechanism of prolonging disease for profit, not curing it. Treat the symptoms, not the root and make big bucks along the way. A long, dependent, diseased existence is what human "advancement" has become...the great business of medical "science" .

We are all part of the living, so all life should be respected and treated as sacred. I hope one day this truth blesses your awareness, as it will truly set you free.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

You are right. There are too many people that have no respect for life, but this video proves that there are good people out there that cherish life and want to do good. Watching this should make you feel good...not want to punch a wall. I'm sure you can find plenty of other threads that will make you want to punch a wall.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The first dog nearly made me cry, the second just about ripped my heart out when it put its paw down on the grass and pulled it right back. For the Earth to be so foreign to an animal, to man's best friend, isn't right. Overall the video made me happy that these people gave those dogs the chance to experience their first taste of freedom, but it still makes me sad that humans justify mistreating the world around them so often.

What is the definition of an angel? Kind beings that care and act in the best interest of weaker creatures sounds about right to me...the folks that helped these dogs are absolute angels.
edit on 30-11-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Aborted babies would love to experience it too. It's just a thought.
edit on 30-11-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

When you spiritually evolve you won't. You can't see your arrogance because you happen to have been born into a species that's on top of the food chain.

But mistreating them in any way just for humans to live comfortably, is cruel and inhumane.

Enslaving and killing animals to eat their bodies is cruel and inhumane and entirely motivated by humans wanting to live "comfortably". The uncomfortable choice would be the vegan diet or at least the vegetarian diet.

No wonder this world is screwed. All too many are void of nominal compassion and the ability to put themselves in the shoes of another. It's pathetic. As a species, we're pathetic.

Answer me this. Do you believe abortion is right. Yes or no.

2nd point. You are assuming plants don't have fuller lives than animals becuase you don't see it that way or understand them the way they do. fter all the evos tell us plants were here before the animals which means animals came form plants and therefore if we eat plants we are eating the lifegiver of animals. Now I suggest you go eat vitamins for the rest of your life or try another planet... there's plenty out there
edit on 30-11-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I love threads like this because its great to see us all melt in an emotional, animal loving, tearful mess.
I find the vids hard to watch (it makes me want to almost kill someone!) but I watch them because I feel I have to, at least for the sake of the animals that have suffered at the hands of our "masters" and policy makers.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Great video OP, thankyou.
Op, you believe animals are food! That's all well and good, but if you could not slaughter that same animal then you should not be eating it.
Have you ever researched how intelligent pigs are ? They are very clean animals as well.
Had a sheep to mow the lawn,sheep are not as stupid as they are cast.Very similar eye contact to a dog.
If you have ever looked into these little souls eyes the last thing you could do would be to eat them !
The communication between man and animal is a most beautiful thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That's right lads! Let's feel some wonderful pity for the way these animals are treated AND THEN GET RIGHT THE F*** BACK TO EATING THEM!

You all failed hard. Except the vegetarians.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
And btw, I know you all enjoy ripping that nice and young flesh off the bone with your sharp forks and knives.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Beautiful video and wonderful rescuers.

Sadly Beagles are pretty much the most used laboratory breed. here's some insight onto why; Canines have similar kidneys to humans, and with that easier to deal with compared to monkeys or porcine.. Beagles as a breed, being sweet in nature, bring them high on list of being choose for vivisection for kidney study as well as scientific study overall when it comes to canines. As well as, I believe, because of their highest incidence of kidney disease. I'm very happy that these beagle rescues exist, because they dogs are much in need.

I turned down a position as Veterinary Technician in a vivisection lab assisting the scientists and care taking of the animals. It just wasn't in me not to mention what I swore to myself not to do upon entering the field. Can say other people in a similar career option want to monitor and make sure the animals are alright. Abuse, neglect and holes in regulation do exist. As well as, overused testing, such as with consumer products, especially cosmetics use testing as a cheaper measure to pass a product. The way to help lessen vivisection is to buy non animal tested products. The more demand for them the less companies will want to sell them. Proctor & Gamble is one of the biggest culprits.
edit on 30-11-2011 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Dear god, how can one species on this planet be so dynamically destructive and cruel yet compassion in being at the same time

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

OK, I teared up a little bit at this.

You ain't alone brother.

Me too.

God I miss my hair.

But mistreating them in any way just for humans to live comfortably, is cruel and inhumane. This organization, the Beagle Freedom Project, is a bunch of heroes in my book.

/TOA

Amen.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
That's right lads! Let's feel some wonderful pity for the way these animals are treated AND THEN GET RIGHT THE F*** BACK TO EATING THEM!

You all failed hard. Except the vegetarians.

Not wanting to add to off topic, but the situations are a bit different here. As to food vs testing that in some cases is unnecessary(see prior post).
In all fairness to meat eaters, which I am not(Vegetarian for 15 plus years), whose to say all of them only eat tortured meat and not free range? If at all possible, as a meat consumer,I suggest hunting to local meat farms where animals are way better taken care of, the meat is better for you, etc, to factory farming.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Okay I totally cried and so did my husband.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
A heart warming video indeed, but just a couple of things to point out here. First, their coats are clean and from the looks of this clip it seems they have been well fed, their coats are clean, I mean...it doesn't look to me as if they were at all mistreated. Also, most young pups like these will react this way to a new environment. It doesn't at all prove that they were caged every day of their lives and never let out.

I have raised dogs, and honestly, these pups appear to be healthy, emotionally stable, and in over all very good shape.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal

but if we did not use them in research, where to go for our medical advances? Videos like this are bleeding hearts, and I hate that they enspire people to protest against all animal science use, including medical research. (I've met a few people like that). It implies of rampant cruelty and that's not the case.

DeepThoughtCriminal, I most certainly agree with your perspective on the case that animals can and will be used for medical research. It has it's pros and cons just as is any decision in our individual existences.

Taking emotion out of the equation and looking at the situation at hand, price is much of a deciding factor to these companies than the well-being of animals. Cutting costs is the number one concern. If you have human volunteers you may have to provide insurance, take care of them, then you have the family to deal with, or the sort of contract you should enact. With animals, no such contract exists except what is mandated by the FDA.

Animal testing will continue, whether one supports it or not due to the reduced amount of costs and red tape. Spend enough time with any corporation and you find out the thoughts and beliefs companies uphold - only for it to reinforce that cost is everything regardless of the emotions or feelings involved.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Sure, they weren't mistreated at all, just injected with diseases and poisons or whatever to see what the effects would be. You did watch their reaction to being released, right? If you cannot understand that that is enforced torture then I don't think there is much else I can say...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join