It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks rise a day after the biggest rally of the month,US Stocks Rise After Consumer Confidence Data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here we g again
the Stocks has the biggest rally of the month After Consumer Confidence Data?
Source WSJ

The market got a boost after a report showed consumer confidence jumped to its highest level since July, before Washington's debt-ceiling debate roiled markets. The Conference Board, a private research group, said its index of consumer confidence jumped to 56.0 in November, from a revised 40.9 in October. The November index was far better than the 45.0 economists expected.

In other economic data, U.S. single-family home prices declined in September, highlighting the fragility of a market that is struggling to get back on its feet, according to the S&P/Case-Shiller composite index.

Another Suckers Rally and just when you thought the markets were going down

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A week ago, mostly poor people sold, this week, mostly rich people bought.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Where do they get these numbers. How can they be getting more consumer approval for this.

Seriously.

I think they should make a CSI economics. I mean that would be the only way to get people to learn anything about economics.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ah yes, after the black friday fiasco, and the record breaking credit card usage last weekend, all the economists are saying the economy is saved etc. etc.

Yet unemployment ironically is hovering around 10 percent, and we have record breaking consumerism last weekend..

Yeah, on credit......

Once again last weekend, showed no real sign of economic recovery.. People are already researching the transaction books in these corporations and saying almost all purchases were done with credit cards..

I am sure you can Google search this if your not convinced on that one..

Anyhow is all bull crap, HELL we are about to witness the damn EURO, collapsing, or if the EURO does not collapse you'll witness our government, the USA one throwing money across the pond..

Hell this economy is a damn mess..

Of course the media, will try to keep the masses drunk with garbage news like malpractice court cases, disgusting stories about pedophiles, and a stack of matchstick mind numbing bull crap.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just had a Eureka, moment...

I also want to add, during our great Economy, back in the mid to late 90's all the way up until 2001, or so, why was it, we never had record breaking Black Friday consumerism reports like we did last weekend?

www.kndo.com...

Just read that...

record breaking? Your telling me in 2011, we consumed more gifts and gadgets then back when the economy was At its recent peak? Everyone had a job for the most part as well? 2011, is better then 1999?

I want someone to explain this to me like I am 3 years old and am retarded please...

Yea In addition your a complete moron if you believe this bullcrap!!!

Sorry just had a Thought...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

thats what i said haha

Most stocks have a strong sell on them rightnow.
Here check the momentum on barchart here

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

ya looks like this Hooray will be short lived..

I will admit thou, these brokers know how to make money in the market, man.. They also have the media, under their spell...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I suppose black friday came along just in time to inflate the numbers to give everyone the warm fuzzy feeling. I wonder how many people are intentionally charging things with no intent of paying it back. Give it another month or so to see the real numbers after credit card bills start coming in.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Because tptb know how to use time to their advantage. Who remembers what they had for dinner last night, let alone what the economy was doing a few years ago. They bank on people not remembering to keep their end game going.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The rally was a result of positive comp store increases on black Friday, it is preliminary data but pretty close to accurate. Here is the problem with that logic.........
1. Consumers who will spend the same as last year or less shot their wad, over three weeks those dollars will be missed.
2. Cyber Monday takes most of the retail work force out of the equation, sales bonuses are rarely paid at store level for online purchases. Payroll dollars are NEVER allocated at store level for on line purchases.
3. Black Friday consumers rarely make impulse purchases, they know what they are buying before they get there. Higher customer counts, higher average ticket and items per transaction are often offset by low margin on advertised goods.
Retail stores have peak staffing with all hands on deck for black Friday but it has become one of the easiest days of the year for employees. Prep work and placement of advertised good results in a self service environment with long lines but little need for assistance from floor associates.
The hysteria and crowd mentality makes it impossible for a sales associate to practice their craft and up sell, any attempt to steer the consumer away from the advertised loss leaders is met with suspicion and fear that they may not get what they came in for.
The excitement for new or hot trends has been replaced by cold hard price point as retailers toss their mission statements out the window for that one silly day.

top topics

join