It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Earthquake: Epicenter West of LA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Not sure what to think of this one. I'm from Arizona. I don't normally babble aloud about earthquakes. But for the last 3 days around 5 am...I've been babbling aloud "Earthquake Los Angeles west of LA epicenter".

Normally, when I babble aloud out of nowhere like that...the event happens. The most publicly known babble-aloud that I did was when my friend Jodi in High School was in the car with me and we were driving home from Hayden Square on a Thursday. Out of nowhere I babbled aloud, "Jason is going to die." She freaked out. Asked me to stop the car. Asking "Which Jason?" (we knew about 10 different Jasons) also asking "When?" And I babbled "This weekend. He's going to die in a drunk driving accident and it's going to be his fault. He'll be drunk and driving." But I couldn't figure out which Jason after I babbled it.

So Jodi confiscated Jason in Tempe's keys away from him all weekend long. She called Holly, and Holly confiscated her boyfriend Jason's keys all weekend. Holly called another girl with a boyfriend named Jason and he had his carkeys taken away all weekend. So three Jason's got their carkeys confiscated all weekend just because I babbled aloud that one of the Jason's was going to be drunk and die in a drunk driving accident on the weekend following that Thursday.

My phone rang on Sunday morning at 5am. It was Rose's and Wade's Jason from Fresno who had died. He was drunk, at a party with Michelle and some other people in the car. Jason drove drunk and on the way home at 3am...he died in a drunk driving accident, his fault. And Jodi's Jason, Holly's Jason and the other girl's Jason were all glad it wasn't them even if they had their carkeys confiscated all weekend over it. So obviously some people take my babble alouds very seriously. Serious enough to confiscate three Jasons carkeys for a weekend over a babble aloud.

The last "babble-aloud" I did was me babbling aloud while fixing dinner that a dumptruck was going to hit the downtown Phoenix police department on 7th Ave. 3 days later...it did. Only it wasn't quite a dumptruck. It was a large monster truck type vehicle. And it rammed straight into the side of the police department.

So....3 days in a row I've babbled aloud..."Earthquake Los Angeles" "epicenter west of LA". I babbled above a 6.0 and I even wrote down 2:52pm on a piece of paper one of the times.

Question is WHEN? I'm not sure. When I babble aloud like that, it happens in a minimal of 3 days, but up to a maximum of 6 months from the time I babble aloud. That's too big of a time frame. The median timeframe is that it happens within a week of the babble aloud. And I'm from Arizona. I hardly ever babble aloud about earthquakes. So it's highly unusual for me to be babbling aloud about earthquakes.

I did check to see if what I babbled was possible, if there could be an epicenter "west of Los Angeles". Turns out there's 5 faultlines "west of LA"
1. Inglewood-Newport fault: most quakes less than a 5.0
2. Santa Monica fault: most quakes below a 5.0
3. Malibu Fault: quakes range between 5.0-6.1
4. Unlabeled fault off the coast, have no idea USGS site didn't name it
5. Channel Islands fault: active monthly lately but little quakes underwater between 3.0-4.0 or so

So I'm figuring the Malibu fault it seems to average between 5.0-6.1 for its larger quakes. The Whittier-Narrows 1987 quake was on the Malibu fault and it was a 5.9-6.1 quake.

Santa Monica, Inglewood-Newport faults are estimated to have above 6.0 quakes in the past, but that was in the years 1920, 1930 and 1933 when the Richter Scale wasn't invented until 1935 so those three quakes weren't actually measured, just estimated because the scale hadn't been invented yet.

Malibu Fault Quakes
2-21-1973 Point Mugu- 5.9
1-1-1979 Malibu- 5.2
10-1-1987 Whittier Narrows- 5.9 to 6.1
1-19-1989 Malibu- 5.0

The fault line is due for its normal 5.9-er or above. And it does fit the pattern. Unless it's the unnamed faultline off the coast. But I wouldn't be babbling aloud unless its a big enough quake for me to see on the news in Arizona.

---shrug--- when I babble aloud...I babble aloud ---shrug--- 3 days to 6 months....from the time I began the morning babble which was Sunday, Nov 27, 2011 usually a median time frame of a week or less from the babble. But I babbled aloud the same thing three days in a row now. So I babbled it again this morn as well.

--shrug-- if I'm babbling aloud, it has to mean something. Not sure why I wrote down 2:52pm on a piece of paper though if babbling aloud each morning around 5am or so. But I did it 3 days in a row now. Sunday babble, Monday babble, Tuesday babble. --shrug--

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MapMistress
I've been babbling aloud "Earthquake Los Angeles west of LA epicenter".

Normally I dont take any attention of such predictions, but this is such a good and specific one, with history of success, that I will certainly keep an eye of this thread for a while. 6 months or so.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ugh.....my parents live on the Whittier fault line, had a small one today. Their house is in a dangerous spot, so this makes me nervous. I'm supposed to go spend a few weeks there soon, and I am feeling nervous about it for days already. Wierd considering I grew up there, with the threat of earthquakes a constant.

I sure hope you're wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Great. I live very close to the Whittier fault.
Got lots of noodles & water on hand though.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I hope this babble isn't the big one everyone is expecting, if you are right then kodoos to you for trying to raise the alarm for those who live in L.A.

I hate predictions because here on ATS almost 99.9% of them NEVER come true (Not that I want a disaster to happen, but if it does it will be mother nature and not us due to war) but if you are that .1% that are legit, then my respect to you!

And thanks for advising us!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
There was a 3.3 earthquake in the Channel Islands region off the California Coast about 10 hours ago, according to quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

I have been watching that site for over two months now, and the state of California has been rattling from one end to the other, and there have been a few off-shore quakes in the last week. There have been quite a few sizable quakes in South America as well.

I don't know enough about seismology to make any predictions, but Cali is way overdue, and there have been swarms of small quakes throughout the LA basin and into the desert. I grew up down there and still have family and friends in the area, so I worry. I also sense they will be getting slammed, and I have been encouraging my mother to store food and water just in case, which she has been doing.

I appreciate your reporting your psychic feelings. I never discount anybody's psychic feelings because I too have them from time to time and they turn out to be correct. It is not explainable by any modern scientific methods, but if you look at time as past, present, and future, happening all at the same time, just different in dimensions, psychic warnings make perfect sense. The information is all around us as far as what has happened and what will happen, we just have to be in the right frequency to pick it up, like a radio. In our physical dimension, time is linear, but our psychic self is not limited to the first three dimensions.

I'm hoping you're wrong, but my gut (and the earthquake swarms) tell me otherwise.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well you have one small here it is....

TextType: Earthquake 31 minutes ago Magnitude: 2.4 DateTime: Tuesday November 29 2011, 17:06:20 UTC Region: Greater Los Angeles area, California Depth: 18.4 km Source: USGS Feed
,source(quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Hope not for the big one but you never know...believe me is not a hit when people suffer a big EQ!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Good post. Ive had similar experiences. Its like just being suddenly aware of a piece of knowledge, like a sentence was just dropped into your mind. It usually happens when youre doing something fairly mundane thats a typical everyday kind of task for you. Each time its happened to me, its come true exactly as I'd said/heard/thought.
Im going to pay attention to this prediction.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
There was a 3.3 earthquake in the Channel Islands region off the California Coast about 10 hours ago, according to quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Thanks for the link. I like that one. I was looking at the USGS site when trying to figure out if what I was babbling aloud was even possible, but they only show earthquakes within the last week.

USGS Earthquakes within the last week in the United States

I don't know enough about seismology to make any predictions, but Cali is way overdue, and there have been swarms of small quakes throughout the LA basin and into the desert. I grew up down there and still have family and friends in the area, so I worry. I also sense they will be getting slammed, and I have been encouraging my mother to store food and water just in case, which she has been doing.

I noticed that when looking around on the net. California usually has above a 4.0 a 1-3 times a year. But seems to have not had one since January 2011. So it's over due for a bigger one. There doesn't seem to be but one year in the last decade where Cali skipped earthquakes above 5.0 for a year straight. Arizona only reports on earthquakes in Cali if over a 4.7. The rest get ignored. I figure if I'm seeing something...to babble about it...then it has to be of great enough magnitude for news stations in Arizona to report on.

Well a week has gone by though. It might be like me babbling aloud about measles epidemic this June which is still going on in Europe and Canada. It's taken 6 months before WHO finally issued a measles warning on that one. Kinda odd that I was babbling aloud about measles in June to begin with. ~shrug~ sometimes I wonder why I say the things I say. ~shrug~

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

In response to the "Cali is way overdue". Couldn't agree more. Interesting to note that I live here in SF and observe the eq data here on almost a daily basis. For the first time in 2 1/2 yrs, I have neglected to do this here and there over the past 10-15 days because the bay are has been SO QUIET.

I mean -- certain areas have regular (minimal activity) for reasons I won't get into here. But other than that . . . the bay has been really, really, really quiet.

Just sayin --

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Am I the only one that's curious as to how this babble actually works? Is it like Tourettes? , Is it channeled? is it involuntary? How does this work OP? I'm not questioning the validity of the Babbles, because this is the internet so it must be true! (Sorry I couldn't resist)
In all seriousness though, I'm curious as to how this process works , could you explain further?

top topics

join