It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wars And Genocides Estimated Death Tolls That Should Never Be Forgotten

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Grim, I knew about scalp hunting, didn't know about the saddles thing, not disimilar to people in war making ear/finger necklaces. It's something i doubt i'll ever understand how people can do that to each other. I know war dehumanises people but i still can't quite get my head round it.

Your right about the west though, our ancestors did some truely horrific things - did you include the Spanish in South America - think you can add at least another 20 million to the list. Also i believe England re-invented concentration camps in modern times in the Boer war.

ah sorry, you covered South America.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

I'm trying to think of the oposite where a country has saved millions from death - umm having a hard time coming up with figures -medicine counts for a lot but doubt it covers quite that many.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Stalin was personally responsible for the deaths of around 30,000,000 of his own people "before WW-2" and yet we sided with him during the war and then spent the next 45 years doing the same thing the Nazis were mostly occupied with doing,trying to keep Communism out of Europe...

Germany "and" Russia "both" invaded Poland in 1939 and then hammered Poland into submission and yet the allies only declared war on Germany "not" Russia...Why?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Please read this link about the Holodomor Terror Starvations initiated by Josef Stalin that wiped out upwards of 10 million people in around 2 years.It is truly staggering and profoundly sad and it is all but forgotten which is the saddest thing of all...en.wikipedia.org...

From Above Link > "On 7 August 1932 a law came into force that stipulated that all food was state property and that mere possession of food was evidence of a crime"
edit on 29-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yep that's another hard one to get your head round. I've stiudied WW2 in depth and i think it was just down to necessity. The Allies needed the Russian man power. The russian killed 20 germans for every one killed by the US/UK or colonial allies. They also wanted them in Manchuria to put pressure on the Japanese armies there. They did a lot of mayhem, rape and pillaging there like they did in Germany.

Churchil called it by saying they were dangerous before the US figured it out. The main winners of the war was Russia and America who expanded their empire significantly. England was spent after the war.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

England had never recovered from WW-1, with an entire generation of men almost completely wiped out...Germany somehow came out of WW-1 a little stronger than England did...

And did you catch this quote from the link i posted above? > From Above Link > "On 7 August 1932 a law came into force that stipulated that all food was state property and that mere possession of food was evidence of a crime"...Think About That! > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

just getting through the link about Holodomor, terrible, it was predicted before it happened with the collectivisation of the farms, many saw it coming but were powerless to do anything, Stalin was far more brutal to his own people than Hitler ever was. Have you read any of the books by survivors of the Gulags - i get cold just thinking about it.

Also check out Lavrentiy Beria - just imagine having him as your head of security !

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It is a systematic global genocide, one that no country or people will be able to escape as it has a snowball effect. Here is a thread I did on this a while back you may find interesting Op.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Yes, i have read 3 or 4 books about the Siberian Forced Labor Camps and about 5 or 6 books from holocaust survivors that were in death camps and i have read about 100 books on WW-1 and WW-2

The construction of the Trans-Siberian railway was hell on earth...

Most people in the USA and elsewhere are soooo spoiled and they dont know what it means to have a hard life and they dont know about History either...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Too true, anyways i need bed but I'm totally in agreement with your thread. I do wonder if we as a species will ever learn. I'm hopefull but i may just be dellusionally optimistic. Time will tell i guess. Won't be in our lifetimes though. It's a bit like Pandoras box - after all the horrors came out only hope was left inside.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
"Those who burn books will someday burn people"...Heinrich Heine-1823...

Those who live without knowing what happened before they were born remain perpetually a child" Marcus Tullius Cicero...106-BC - 43-BC...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Wheres the WW-2 "Russian Holocaust Museum"?...Oh...They dont have one...They only suffered 12 million soldiers killed and 18 million civilians killed on the Eastern Front from the summer of 1941 through the spring of 1945...

"The squeaky wheel gets the oil"...

Some staticians and historians say 2 million Jews and Gypsies were killed,some say 4 million and some say 6...One is too many...But theres no denying who bared the brunt of Nazi savagery during WW-2...the Russians and their upwards of 30 million killed in a 4 year period on the Eastern Front boggles the mind and slashes the human heart wide open...12 million soldiers and 18 million civilians murdered and just as many Russians were killed as Jews in the Death camps,if not more.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Russia lost around 30,000,000 people killed during WW-2,which means that around 15% of Russias entire popualtion was murdered by the Nazis!

But going by % of population,Poland suffered even worse...

Poland lost around 6,000,000 people killed during WW-2,which means that around 22% of Polands entire population was murdered by the Nazis!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
it amazes me to see time and time again,

persons will ignore the issue of widespread genocide, and go right at disputing exact numbers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join