It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butter shortage in Norway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If its cream that makes butter and theres a shortage of butter hence a shortage of cream, how can OP buy heavy cream in order to make his own butter?

Butter is a no go in this house; its too damn tasty on a slice of lovely toasted seeded granary wholemeal bread .... must go and wipe the drool from my chin.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Yeah, today the butter, tomorrow the chocolate. (It's gonna be one helluva cristmas this year.)

But ask yourself a question, did you vote for AP or SV?

If the answer is yes, i guess you have no right to complain.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well you can add peanuts to the list of shortages. Just heard today peanuts now are in short supply. What is going on with all these shortages? Lets see now,,,We have shortage on some drugs,,,shortage on coffee,,,shortage on butter (real butter),,,,and a shortage on peanuts. What is going to be next item on the list. Something is not right here. I smell a rat.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Well you can add peanuts to the list of shortages. Just heard today peanuts now are in short supply. What is going on with all these shortages? Lets see now,,,We have shortage on some drugs,,,shortage on coffee,,,shortage on butter (real butter),,,,and a shortage on peanuts. What is going to be next item on the list. Something is not right here. I smell a rat.

FEMA is storing the items in underground bunkers.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

it is simply not there to meet demand or these items are being intentionally rationed for either hoarding purposes or price manipulation. prior posters opinion is equally valid.
f

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Does anyone on this thread actually eat butter?

Second line.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
We cook with butter only, margarine is BAD

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917

Some good olive oil, anyone?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellify

Butter is made from cream which is only a small proportion of the milk.

There may be enough milk to supply the milk, but not to make the butter.

Guys - I just got a slap on the wrist for excessive quoting, when all I quoted was the very small opening post.

I am kind of incredulous at this given the size of many of the posts quoted.

Reasons quoted is shortage of server space - looks like there's shortages everywhere. Not just butter!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

will we see olive oil spike as well? after all greece and italy are i inderstand major producers. if the price of that spikes, then it would be safe to assume this has been orchestrated to manipulate the price and supply to squeeze maximum profit for reveneue streams back to the respective broke countries. hmmmm
f

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt

will we see olive oil spike as well? after all greece and italy are i inderstand major producers. if the price of that spikes, then it would be safe to assume this has been orchestrated to manipulate the price and supply to squeeze maximum profit for reveneue streams back to the respective broke countries.

Not many people know that, but Spain produces most of olive oil, even a large part of that's later labeled "Italian". The price does fluctuate, because like with any cultivated plant, there can be a crop failure in one year and then a bumper crop a few years later -- and the oil doesn't keep too well!

God, I can't live without my olive oil...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellify
Reasons quoted is shortage of server space - looks like there's shortages everywhere. Not just butter!

Here's a conspiracy theory to you -- ATS storage is butter-based. That explains everything!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by tinker9917

Some good olive oil, anyone?

I think I read somewhere that even olive oil is bad if you cook with too high temperatures, something with high temperatures and bad molecules/fats forming or something like that.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
I think I read somewhere that even olive oil is bad if you cook with too high temperatures, something with high temperatures and bad molecules/fats forming or something like that.

100% correct. There are better oils for cooking at high temp. More info here

I use peanut for frying (no reason other than I got a large vat for Oriental style cooking). But in most cases, I don't go to high-temp, so olive does the job. Never use virgin oil for cooking, only for salads!

Sesame oil on my noodles.

So much more fun than plain ole butter

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I hate to relate this to an episode of The Nanny, but my memory is too good, a few years ago I was watching a rerun of an insignificant sitcom called The Nanny, in the episode The Nanny's mom told her daughter she was on a new no-carb diet, a stick of butter was then revealed and her intentions of eating the butter alone without toast (in an attempt to lose weight) was what triggered the pre-recorded laugh-track.

If this is seriously the same line of thinking Norway and Finland are having I do feel sorry for you, the no-carb diet resulted in probably more than a few heart-attacks.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I hate to relate this to an episode of The Nanny, but my memory is too good, a few years ago I was watching a rerun of an insignificant sitcom called The Nanny, in the episode The Nanny's mom told her daughter she was on a new no-carb diet, a stick of butter was then revealed and her intentions of eating the butter alone without toast (in an attempt to lose weight) was what triggered the pre-recorded laugh-track.

If this is seriously the same line of thinking Norway and Finland are having I do feel sorry for you, the no-carb diet resulted in probably more than a few heart-attacks.

I don't follow your logic here. There is no butter in Norway to be easily bought, according to the OP. What does lo-carb have to do with anything

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
Same thing is happening in Finland. They claim that this is because there is new trend called "Low-carbohydrate diet". That diet consumes lot of butter and more than we produce.

I doubt there is a conspiracy, quoting from above this may be one reason. I would ask butter factory workers to be sure.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
All I can say is that if there is no butter AND no coffee, I certainly HOPE that NIBRU or ELENIN comes straight for earth and destroys it right away. I can't imagine a world without butter and coffee...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
All I can say is that if there is no butter AND no coffee, I certainly HOPE that NIBRU or ELENIN comes straight for earth and destroys it right away. I can't imagine a world without butter and coffee...

Conversely, the absence of butter and coffee may be a direct effect of the evil influence of Nibiru an Elenin... And we must strike back by switching to tea and olive oil!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

thank you for the insight into spain. it never occured to me. this ramps the theory up another notch although i wouldn't bet money on it unless i had enough to hedge the bet as well!

i also caught a section on the news that denmark implemented a fat tax november 201*. there were implied statements that neighbouring countries were to follow suit. press tv cross talk i suspect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join