It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: "Iranian students storm UK Embassy in Tehran on Tuesday, replace the British flag with an Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
wow, just read that on CNN.com rise and shine, top of the hour or whatever their motto is these days

really?

from another MSM..

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Yep....I was just about to post the same story from the BBC site.

www.bbc.co.uk...

TBH - I can't say I blame them. Maybe not the best form of protest - but it has been effective insofar msm has brought it to our attention. Perhaps if they properly informed us - people wouldn't feel the need to get violent to make headlines. It was even the case with the London protests.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The Iranians are playing games.

Under the repressive police State that is the Islamic Republic, you can be absolutely sure things like this are well orchestrated. It helps the regime keep themselves in power and diverts attention away from the repression, human rights abuses and games the Iranian authorities are playing to keep in power and manipulate their population.

Not content with the US and Israel being the Big and Little Satan, they are now picking on Britain. Is Britain the new Smaller Satan, or just the Middle-sized Satan? Got to keep the hate going.

Regards

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
As Iraq has demonstrated it is not a good idea to bomb people to the ballot box. Change has to come from within - if Iran is to change it must be the people who effect it as Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and Syria have, and are, showing us.
edit on 29-11-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Related video...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is regime insited and not the iranian people!!
This regime is "Not bad but far worse than people imagine"
And they are and will be the Catalsyt to the next major conflict of the region. And they know it!!
A and A are a hole cockroaches that need standing on!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

British govt confirms 'serious incursion' at UK embassy in Tehran; asks Iranian govt to end it immediately - The Guardian's @julianborger

19 mins ago
Update

UK embassy employees in Tehran flee Iranian protesters 'by back door,' Mehr News Agency reports - @Reuters

spotted by editor
More

22 mins ago
Update

Iranian protesters have stormed 2nd British embassy compound elsewhere in Tehran, seized 'classified' documents: IRNA News Agency - @Reuters

www.breakingnews.com...

hope they share the classified documents with us

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Watch close this is how it begins.

I bet they are expecting military evac helos to fly out VIPs and use that as an excuse to attack claiming an airspace incursion. These ppl are the type to taunt another into attacking first and then claim self defence and will keep pushing so they can have their Jihad. Seriously doubt they are only protesting students.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

why wouldn't they be protesting students? the UK has been very vocal about what it thinks of Iran. It has no problem shouting from the rooftops what its position is.

I doubt this will develop into anything. The latest news is that the protesters are now leaving the area.

even if it wasn't students, what do the bristish expect after what they having been saying recently? the shouldn't have staff there.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Let's all remember that in the last 2 weeks, two massive explosions at two Iranian military sites happened...

All a coincidence of course... This is payback from Iran it seems.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Uh oh.

SIX UK EMBASSY STAFF TAKEN HOSTAGE BY PROTESTERS IN NORTHERN COMPOUND OF TEHRAN EMBASSY - MEHR NEWS AGENCY

Shiat.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Twitter reports saying six Embassy staff have been taken hostage..Not looking good at all.Link for story

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Oh....this is going to get ugly.

Will this be the final nail in the coffin?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

TBH - I can't say I blame them.

You can't blame them?

Well I frigging well can!

Exactly what has the UK done to justify that?

I wonder what your reaction would have been if some British 'students' attacked the Iranian embassy in protest at Iran's continued support of terrorism?

ETA.
Just seen the news that hostages have been taken.
We should expel all Iranian diplomats immediately and send in the SAS as soon as they are ready.

This is inexcusable.
edit on 29/11/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Back peddle on the hostages..

Mehr news (one of #iran news agency) talks about 6 hostages taken from UK Embassy. Then removes the news piece. There will be no hostages
let's hope the earlier reports were wrong..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuRising

Well...

IRANIAN CENTRAL TV CONFIRMS THAT EIGHT UK EMBASSY STAFF TAKEN HOSTAGE

Hopefully all that is false and there's no hostages.

Because I don't think Obama or Cameron are as ``pussy`` as Jimmy Carter.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This regime needs wasting and has needed such for a very very long time! They have been a weapons and money supplying virus for decades!!

Remove the regime!!!! Most Iranians are ok folk. I have met many in my life and career!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Because I don't think Obama or Cameron are as ``pussy`` as Jimmy Carter

It has nothing to do with Obama or anyone else.

If hostages have been taken then we shouldn't even attempt to negotiate.
Issue Iran an ultimatum and take whatever steps necessary to rescue the hostages.
Then we should break all dipomatic ties with Iran.

Oh, and I'm sure you can recall that Jimmy Carter approved of a rescue mission, unfortunately it went tits up.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about.

It is either Iran plays by international rules or DO NOT. If not, then the Iranian leadership best be prepared for the consequences. Security for diplomatic compounds are a must, if not to international standards and responsibilities, then diplomacy will not be reciprocated.

Hostage had been taken. No need to panic. Let the kidnappers have their say, and what they want. Anything can be negotiated. Once the hostages are freed, these idiotic kidnappers best find a hole to hide, for no mortal will support the kidnapping of ANY fellow human, for NONE, innocent of any wronging, wants to be held hostage.

Let the drama unford. The moronic Iranian leadership is losing its grip with every passing second.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

This regime needs wasting and has needed such for a very very long time! They have been a weapons and money supplying virus for decades!!

Remove the regime!!!! Most Iranians are ok folk. I have met many in my life and career!!

Hail Hail...and when your at it...please remove the US, UK, European regimes too for crimes against humanity!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join