It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a clairvoyant ever provided you with something concrete?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I know that I suffer from some serious cognitive fog until I've had my 2 morning cups of coffee, (at my first job, they called me Radar) which leads me to ask those with developed abilities whether things ever come to them during brain fog moments, during relaxation or excitation? Or does it vary? I've had odd moments here and there of psychic ability, but they've been quite rare.

Haha - apologies for the delay, I am trying to get to everyone and it is taking quite some time to get throught it all!!

To answer your question, brain fog definitely doesn't help - although tiredness HAS bizarrely, because there is less of my mental chitter-chatter nonsense going on that actually gives a "visitor" or "spirit" chance to get a word in edgeways!! As for excitation/relaxation I suppose really it hasn't mattered - what has, is having a connection to the person I am speaking to at the time. You don't realise it at the time, but a bond is created somehow. Now obviously mine have been text based, and many times with strangers but we have always had a few words and usually a giggle, or a heartfelt chat about something due to feeling oddly familiar - then BAM. I start getting stuff flowing. Often I will mention something in a written text or the like, and notice - hang on, that is odd, why the heck would I mention that? That is about knowing and understanding your own thought patterns, and when it takes a sudden shift - so yeah again, brain fog isn't brilliant for that!!

So basically I think it can happen anytime really - for me anyway. Psychicly speaking however, which is not what I do reads of, in my personal life that can cause problems - always trust your instincts in these circumstances, and they will usually see you right!

Hope this helps

NWD

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Prepare to be bombarded by "requests"

Happened lol!

Ok I will tackle your questions a bit at a time - you have covered a lot of ground in one paragraph there Grid lol!!

I am curious as to what types of questions do "sitters" (??? is that the word for a "read requestor") ask. Is it all about money, love or deceased loved ones?

Ok "sitters" in the sense I refer, are in a mediumship sense - Ie, dealing with spirit - I cannot recall if psychic readers refer to them the same. However, seldom am I asked questions because contact with spirit is largely a one way affair in my experience. With a strong emotional and physical contact, I trust spirit to know and understand what needs to be said, and in what way. I certainly would not answer any psychic questions, as I wish to believe in free-will of a person to choose. Psychic - About the person, Medium - Contact with spirit. They are very different experiences. I would point out however, reluctantly, I do engage in psychic "reads" if I believe a friend or colleague needs to know something important due to a path they are PRESENTLY engaged with - they will not always know I am doing it though.

Can you help a person rise above the physical to a more metaphysical mind set? For instance, if I asked if I would ever have and exercise this gift, would you be able to answer it?

Simple answer is yes, you have it and will be using it every day whether you choose to believe or recognise it or not - and yup, hard-nosed, closed-minded, skeptical debunkers do it too!! Alas, just like a medical experiment that uses the term it's "just the placebo effect" - oh yes, that spontaneous self healing of no importance
- so closed minded skeptics will have trusted their own intuition, instinct on MANY occasion just without registering it. Psychic ability is simply an extended, developed and further understood extention of this. Mediumship, you can with practice also develop this skill if it is not naturally occuring in you - which it may be, you may just not realise. A good strong spiritualist church will often provide training to anyone with an open mind and willing to learn, in a supportive environment. It is not how it happened to me, but I have met a few excellent mediums who learnt this way. It is like any muscle or skill, some people find it easier than others - but I believe ALL can develop at least a degree of skill in this area.

Remember - psychic skills, are simply STRONG intuitive thoughts - after all if we think, "I must do this today" - where is it coming from, apart from a comprehension of our own future? Intuition is in tune with something big, and able to connect on a far higher level - and it is PERFECTLY natural. I believe the link will be found within Quantum Physics or Mechanics as to how this all occured, particularly Entanglement. I must point out, I do believe we have a great proportion of free will to create our lives around us - and that we have the power to do so with a strong, dedicated mind that is well trained. I am very passionate about letting people know this, and I also provide training to businesses and people in this area... also for free lol.

Also, now that you have exposed your gift, will you be affected by all the thoughts from the ATS posters here, who want you to read for them? How do you possibly keep yourself from being bombarded by "reading" material? I only ask because I believe your story and believe you are truly gifted and I would like to know how you are able to separate yourself from feelings for other's. I don't think I am wording this correctly so I hope you understand what I am really saying.

Completely understand, brilliant questions and I hope the replies help enlighten and encourage here - that was my primary reason for joining. In short, yes I have been affected by the thoughts and I didn't think I would have
- I have been bombarded by names, images, Lord knows what else because it has been a LONG time since I have been in a place with so many open and wonderous minds. I have had to on more than one occasion take a good hours walk in the countryside to clear my head - it is near impossible to separate out. In short it is like being given a box of bits of paper with random information on, and a room chock filled with people you do not know, each wanting for you to give them the correct bits of paper without you having a clue!! This is a very new and unusual experience for me - and one in truth, that is a little overwhelming, as you can imagine...you don't join ATS thinking you will be doing readings lol! I merely joined to share my experience and personal knowledge in the hope it assisted someone in their own personal quests.

Amazing questions.

Hope that helps my friend

NWD
edit on 30-11-2011 by NormallyWeirdDude because: Needed to find an extra letter for my name - WOW long post haha

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NormallyWeirdDude

I think that would be a good idea if you did make your own thread. I, as well as someone else, have already suggested this previously.

While I agree with the other posters that some of your comments have been very interesting, I also agree that you've taken too much attention away from the thread.

You have heavily advertised your willingness--no, eagerness--to receive U2U's and questions and requests for readings... so please make your own thread in order to promote your services.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

Actually I find that rather distasteful and have said quite the opposite - I have asked people to U2U me their questions, and have pointed out I did not come here to read - but to advise on the subject matter.

You yourself, asked publicly for a reading on your own thread early on, one should perhaps then lead by example? Someone mentioned a different thread, my response was polite and willing, and to this point I have been taking time to respond to others questions and have not come across a post where you suggested this same.

You have my very sincerest apology on that matter, and I will indeed set up my own thread.

I have taken a good deal of time from my own normal work, and this is not a service I am promoting!! I take great offence to this, I have made this abundantly clear from the beginning and indeed I am vastly behind on my own work as a result of this thread being so busy! However I will always do my best to answer an enquiring mind, even at my own expense as this ALWAYS is.

I feel the general tone in your last post, to a new member, whom is literally just trying to be helpful to everyone as a little distasteful - apologies once again however, if that is misinterpereted. I will also point out, that I merely offered the U2U'S to try and STEER those questions AWAY from your thread, as I also made abundantly clear.

I will quote if neccesary, I may well be new to ATS, but I'm a very experienced Mainstream Media/Social Media, and Forum man.... like I said right at the beginning, no shrinking violet, and this is not my profession....

That being said, I hope you are not being disingenuous and that I have my wires crossed, and regardless, I do genuinely wish you all the very best.

NWD

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I've had amazing things predicted about me in the past....And they seem to be following course.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

NWD, I think you're missing the point. The suggestion for you to create your own thread stems from the fact that people obviously want to take advantage of the services you've so heavily promoted. As you mentioned, even I, myself, took advantage of your offer to do readings.

If you make your own thread, it will be easier for people who are looking for someone like you to find you. It will make it easier for you to promote your services in that way--with an appropriate thread title and OP that you can cater to your liking.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
In light of the desire to take my aspect of this mediumship/psychic/meta-physical discussion into a thread, after some faffing around I have managed to achieve it lol!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here you can speak to me about your experiences, post your questions, how the psychic phenomena can be put to use in your OWN life etc.

It is a thread that I hope will empower you and bring some hope, clarity and joy to you. Those who have posted questions here for me, that I have not yet answered, if you can copy/paste them into the new thread I must insist that I deal with them there to ensure this original thread is diluted no further.

I cannot express in words, the heartfelt gratitude I have for the incredible welcome and interaction I have received. Every post, is a moment of your time, which is our most precious and valuable of commodities. I will value everyone whom has something to share.

Thank you also, to Unwordly for hosting this thread as already I have met some incredible people as a direct result.

See you on the other side!!!

Peace,
NWD

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
When I'd just been born, my aunt was told by a psychic that her nephew (myself) would grow up to be a musician and artist with a highly creative side.

Well, that happened exactly without any pressure by family members to do those things.

Only thing I can think of right now.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NormallyWeirdDude
I have been bombarded by names, images, Lord knows what else because it has been a LONG time since I have been in a place with so many open and wonderous minds. I have had to on more than one occasion take a good hours walk in the countryside to clear my head - it is near impossible to separate out. In short it is like being given a box of bits of paper with random information on, and a room chock filled with people you do not know, each wanting for you to give them the correct bits of paper without you having a clue!! This is a very new and unusual experience for me - and one in truth, that is a little overwhelming, as you can imagine...you don't join ATS thinking you will be doing readings lol! I merely joined to share my experience and personal knowledge in the hope it assisted someone in their own personal quests.

If you're getting messages for the people here, then why don't you just throw them out here and see what happens? I'm sure if my mother wanted to talk to me, she'd be able to give you hints that would make me recognize that it was her and that the message was for me.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread780738/pg9#pid12915257]p

unworldly, this thread has evolved into quite an uplifting and amazing thread, it's so easy to just go make another thread instead of splitting this whole discussion in two.

IMO I think you are being very negative here.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
IMO I think you are being very negative here.

You say that as if I should feel insulted by the gesture. You apparently haven't read very many of my posts or it would be painfully obvious to you that I care very little if anyone feels that I am being negative. I'm not here for popularity points.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by earthdude

What exactly are you looking for? Are you at all clairvoyant? It's not like watching tv or standing there in the middle of all the sights and smells, at least not usually. They are faint suggestions or some flashes of images or some scent that makes you look at catch something out of the corner of your eye. They can come as strong images but that's not the usual way.

There was a woman here years ago who had you cup your hands in front of you and she could tell you things about your life. She could tell you that you would find your love somewhere far away or that you will do work in some-such field or that you will have three children with two of them close enough in age that they will be mistaken for twins.

What you fail to understand is the way time flows. It's not linear like most people think. You can see only what you can see. No one is 100% because that's just not the way. Think of all the choices people make every single day. Think about how one decision knocks onto another. Think about the exponential ramifications of that. The fact that anyone can see anything at all is simply miraculous.

I have seen things myself. I am considered by some to be reasonably psychic but I'm nothing compared to some. I can see things in the recent past and the soon-to-be future. I can feel spirits and other beings - in fact I was just this week visited by someone looking for help for their world. I could not help, but I am seen at quite some distance. One must be aware and open to things. We all have abilities. We are all capable of seemingly impossible things. We just aren't aware.

Don't discount psychic phenomena because it's not "concrete" enough to suit your taste. You quite simply know not of what you speak.

Concrete evidence has certain charicaristics, like it is hard. Hard evidence is not a generalization, it is nearly uneffected by odds. If a clarivoiant would say "Your electric bill will be $127.26 next month" that would be concrete enough for me. It seems that this could happen, with all the visions shooting around.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I'm sure there are other forums and even other websites that cater to your taste then. Why would you ask such a thing anyway? That's just simply not how it works.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Ah, someone who knows how it works. Now I am interested. How many fingers am I holding up?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You clearly like science more. This article should interest you.

See, nothing is certain. Your quest for certainty is a fallacy. In other words, you're only fooling yourself.

One thing is certain though: The more you open your mind, the more you understand all things. Quit trying to make everything fit your view of "how things are" when they really, honestly are not that way at all. Open your mind.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Thank you NWD , I can certainly understand that , Life is a busy process and then we get some of these other things thrown at us that seem to make it just a bit more challenging than it might need to be . I suppose that's what makes it an adventure also .
John

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
thats a pretty cool story.
When I was about twelve years old my mom was really into wicca. She found this spiritual college and started taking healing classes there. On Easter they have their own little celebration and my mom took our family to it. During this they had clarvoients speak and they had a stack of index cards. The index cards were blank and we all were instructed to ask questions to someone that had passed. once this was done they index cards (which were unopened and in plain view) had messaged on them to the people that asked questions, from their relatives that had passed. I didn't ask any questions but I thought it was neat. This place is a very cool place. It's called Camp Chesterfield. It has a magical feel to the grounds there and their are sculptures representing a few of the major religions. There is a hotel where you can stay and take classes and a church, bookstore, etc. I have since always wanted to take classes there. My mom claims that while taking classes there she saw a fairy on the grounds. I don't know if it's true but my mom isn't prone to making things up.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Short answer, yes. Long answer:
I had a dream about friend of mine from high school. I had lost touch with her over the years.
When I looked her up on the Internet, much to my dismay, I found her obituary. She had died several months ago. There was no information in her obituary about what caused her death. I called psychic/medium Helene Olsen. Helene told me that my friend had died from an overdose of pills - and she had overdosed twice before. The following week I contacted a friend of mine who works for the police and asked him to look into my friend's death.
He told me that my friend had overdosed on pills - and that she had done this twice before.
Olsen was right on the money. A very talented psychic/medium for sure.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The so called internet prophet:
I know a couple of you discussed the site elppredictions.blogspot.com, and how accurate he could be with his readings. When he predicted Gadhafi's fall everyone was so excited about him on several threads over the internet, I wasn't really buying the hype. So I have been reading his predictions and checking on his second site for the recaps, his site is kinda confusing. Some actually happened but the one that sticks out for me is his prediction of a "Typhoon in the Philippines" I mentioned it on another thread as well. In late October he predicted there would be a Typhoon in the Philippines that would do great damage on the 15th. Knowing that the hurricane season was ending I waited eagerly to see him fail. November came, nothing happened. But here we are now in December and by god the prediction happened just a few days ago. He predicted the horrorible toll it would take and he even predicted the exact date. I have actually been swayed from my skeptical views.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join