It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a clairvoyant ever provided you with something concrete?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I believe there are people who are gifted in this area being psychic. Finding the real deal vs. not so real can be a challenge. I started with researching psychics from Veritas veritas.arizona.edu... This is a group of scientists who went out to prove there is a God from a scientific standpoint.

One sliver of their experiment had to do with psychics. They put out a call to psychics across the USA and went through dozens upon dozens narrowing it down to only half a dozen who made the cut after one year of intensive examination by their readings. They proved that these individuals were way above the norm from a statistical standpoint. From there, they graded the remaining psychics as level 1, 2 and 3 (3 was the highest). There was only 3 people who were classified as level 3 and John Edwards was one of them www.johnedward.net... That is how he came to have his own TV show is through this scientific experiment.

The other level 3 is Doreen Malloy www.doreenmolloy.com... I've spoken to Doreen a few times, but she increased her fees recently to a point that is too steep for me.

I recently had a reading from elppredictions (there is a thread on here about him) elppredictions.blogspot.com... He only charged $20 and asked for the money after the reading (which is rare). I found him to be just as accurate as Doreen Malloy.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Hello Maya, and thank you

I've researched looooads of stuff in my quest to find out what makes the world tick, the spiritual side, quantum, even shamanism etc - but this aspect, the spiritual and seemingly psychic weirdness and oddity is by far the hardest to get my head around. I think I find it easier thinking that I may one day, in my local Tesco Express, find a "Gray" offering me a lottery ticket for this weeks rollover - than that there are times I sit here, and somehow manage to converse with people from an apparently completely different dimension.

It is also a wonderful thing to share with others, but not one I ever particularly enjoy, because of the absolute and complete recognition as to how emotive a subject this is. Urgh, the thought of being wrong, and disappointing someone or having them loose their own faith is something that upsets me to my core - I just wish for everyone to be happy (EDIT: WOW - How cheesy does THAT sound!!).

Also can I add, to everyone who is U2U-ing me I will respond as soon as I reach the 20 milestone, forgive me
- I am but a n00b!
edit on 29-11-2011 by NormallyWeirdDude because: See above (not literally,given the topic matter), commented on the cheddar

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NormallyWeirdDude

I understand what you are saying about the Mediumship aspect. Ask for confirmation/more explaination if you are in doubt of the info being given. Go with what first comes through, even if it does sound weird to you. Example: Recently I was giving a msg to a woman. I got a strong picture of her walking around her house singing "Halleluia, Halleluia, Halleluia... I was so embarrassed saying it & thought she would think I was crazy. Turns out she had been doing just that earlier that day! LOL. I nearly didn't come out and say it, glad I did though, as apart from reaffirming stuff for me, it was pertinent to other stuff connected to her message.

I need to dash, will sit down and read through the thread later when I have the time. Lots of interesting posts from members, I want to re read.
edit on 29-11-2011 by maya27 because: spelling mistake.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

My friend used to speak about John Edward alot. I try to refrain from watching them, I do not want to pick up subconscious cues as to what mediums "do" and end up modelling. (Yup, NLP and Hypnosis fan etc too).

For me though, the one I could always relate to was Gordon Smith (The Psychic Barber). His calm nature, very matter of fact, and seemingly extraordinarily accurate. (This is where someone outs him as a fraud and makes me look stupid lol - an ATS special lol!!).

The thing is, and this is for all - I cannot do what they do (or maybe I could if I let it) - and that is, almost stand on ceremony and "Read-on-demand". How does that happen? I will randomly, and if I'm honest, usually at particalarly awkward times, start getting pestered. It takes me a little while to realise what is happening sometimes, until too many odd things and thoughts of gone on and I consider - hang on, this isn't my usual train of thought here.

To be able to do that, on demand?! Wow, I think it is incredible - they are the truly magnificent mediums - and there are quite a few like that around, that go about it quietly too!! That isn't me. I'm usually happily going about work, business or a minor crisis (such as this week) when they decide to "drop in", or "buzz me".

The one odd thing I will say, is I tend to get spirits with a crazy sense of humour, or real mischievious streak, perhaps those that a "normal" medium might not wish to deliver - I think I have a niche.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Nice reply

I do generally go with it, once I know I am in a reading - and therein lies the problem, the beginning and getting it moving. But yes, the weird stuff - the Bernard Matthews turkey farm was one for sure!!

I'd love to chat to you more about your experiences. Thank you for your kind welcome.

NWD

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

OK, I myself have never been to a fortune teller but I heard a tape that brought chills to my spine. When I was 12 my bestfriend hung himself. Let's call him Dan. Dan's father was my father's best friend and his big brother was my big brother's best friend. Why he killed himself? We still don't know. A couple of years after his death his parent when to see this claivoyant. She is very well renoun arround here. All through the tape she's talking about trivial things then out of the blue she sais of course I'm paraphrasing "You lost a son. He wants you to know that he's fine and that you knew that this was going to happen."

Ok, now, the thing about knowing their son was going to die was pretty freaky. I remember a story about Dan telling his father that he's not gonna mess up this time arround. But if he does that it's not his fathers fault. This came to light after the tape.

Ok. Ther's something else. This is the concrete proof. The clairvoyant or medium or what ever you whanna call her said that Dan was happy. He was with the people he loved and this weird looking dog. It was a dog, no mistaking it, but it was dressed like a human. It had a red cap and bright blue overalls. Dan's favorite plush toy was a dog with a red cap and bright blue overalls.

After that everything went to sh!t. A year later Dan's big brother fell asleep behind the wheel and died in a head on colision. 2 years after that his father couldn't handle it anymore and shot himself. His mom dissapeared for a couple of years. I still see her from time to time. She walks with a limp now. I don't know what happened. I'm not sure I wanna know.

I miss you pal

edit on 29-11-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I've never tried going to a medium. I have been reluctant to part with my money until I can percieve some evidence of true ability, I guess.

Lately I've felt like someone is trying to contact me, and that I can't quite pick it up clearly for some reason, so I emailed someone who is supposed to be psychic and will answer questions for a very low fee. They haven't answered me, and maybe that is a good thing- if they are truly "gifted" and don't feel any draw to passing along anything to me, then I'm glad not to waste my money.

But I am enjoying hearing others experiences here!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yes - on quite a few occaisions have had very specific descriptions of personal situations to come, related to me by spirit mediums.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I remember grieving terribly for my mastiff dog after she had to be euthanized because she went off her back legs and couldn't stand up or walk. I'd had no sleep for about 3 days and was exhausted. I was sat back on my sofa with my eyes closed after I'd spent an hour bawling my head off, and in my mind I 'saw' a little yorkshire terrier coming down a grassy hill, and following it was my mastiff girl. She laid down and then stood up, then laid down and stood up again, and I thought to myself, 'that's my Cassie and she's come back to let me know she can stand up and walk again, she's ok now'. And no sooner had I thought it, she was gone
I wasn't grieving half so bad after that. I felt happy that she was healthy in doggy heaven

I recognised the Yorkshire Terrier that she had followed too, he was a little dog I'd had years ago and he was once run over by a car and fractured his hip joint socket, he couldn't walk or stand up for weeks. He'd brought my girl through a 'me too' link. A 'me too' link is where spirits can come through because of something physical they had in common when in this physical world.

I've had lots of dogs throughout my life so far, and I grieved dreadfully for each of them when their times came, but they have all been back to let me know they are no longer sick. Each was a real and beautiful experience, I feel honoured that they wanted to leave Heaven for 5 minutes just so they could give boring unimportant old me a message.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Some more information for those not aware, that might shed a little more information on the subject.

Clairvoyance or Mediumship is not limited to one form of senstivity. There are 3 main parameters from which you can operate within, each person has a different balance.

Mediumship is really the over riding umbrella - there are:

1. Clairvoyance - Which translates to Clear Vision.
2. Clairaudience - Clear Hearing.
3. Clairsentience - Clear "To feel".

They are often in a mental capacity. When doing a reading, I experience all three - although I have never "seen" a ghost/spirit (THANK GOODNESS!!). I hope to remain that way. Here are some direct experiences, to hopefully demystify some of this and put it into an everyday person context... which believe me, I am. Probably the reason I got singled out to do it

I get given images/words, placed upon a mental 'blackboard' and 'cinema' I have nurtured and developed. They are given to me, not directly printed into mind, but a developmental image that provides me with a template from which to explain. They know, cleverly, how to place it into my mind so that I accurately describe what is familiar to the person for whom the reading is for. This never ceases to amaze me, it will inevitably be out of proportion to seeing an actual image of what I am describing, but that facilitates an accurate description. I know I've already said this, but this is one aspect that I love - really, hats off to the spirit world here, because it has resulted in some astonishing moments for all involved. Really moving, and quite incredible.

I am 'spoken' to - but this is never audibly. You are talking to a sound engineer here also, I've worked in music/radio and production for a long time, it has been a huge part of my life - so believe me, to "hear" without "hearing" is the oddest of sensations. I describe it as being whispered to, but you do not hear the whisper - you hear the end result of the conscious mind processing the information. Followed usually, particularly when not expecting it, by a 'WTF?!?' moment. So yeah, you er, hear it but you don't - is that "Clair"?

I get impressions of sensation, enough to give me the experience without the intensity of the persons actual experience - that has been at times, some of the scariest and upsetting expriences I have had in this field, and whilst the "pictures" are often wonderful memories, or comedy moments, unfortunately the 'sentience' is often the antithesis of this - from sickness, to paralysis, head trauma, it is not nice. This often leaves me feeling extremely emotional, for the individuals who were at the mercy of those conditions, and for the families who were helpless alongside. If it deemed as neccesary, to accurately describe the nature of the persons passing, should the person visiting feel it appropriate (and remember, they are still people but apparently on a different plane of existance, if this is all as I think it is now) - then I feel my duty as the acting spirtual post office of the time, is to relay and not to judge. A postman doesn't decide how you may react to a letter going through your door, he is merely a messenger doing a job. And indeed, that is how I treat this.

So to those who will still think it is ALL fraud, imagination,or manipulation etc - it is easy to sit and judge from your nice cozy "it doesnt happen to me, so doesnt exist" perspective. And to you I say, don't be so open minded that your brain might fall out, but don't be so closed minded that you starve it of oxygen!! - But hey, you miss out on a GREAT many wonderful mysteries and experiences life has to offer.

Any questions. Please ask. Will do my very best to answer for you (no expert, but here to help)

Peace
NWD

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

When you do readings for people that are not in person (through email or text, you said?) do you ask for a photo, or information from them to "connect" or pick up more concerning them?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My experience with psychics have shown both valid and invalid ones. When I decide to go and deal with a psychic, I have found in my own experience, I do not say anything, letting them do all of the talking, knowing if they are speaking the truth or not.

I have only met 3 who were on the mark as it were. The first was a psychic on the radio, I had lost my watch and my parents were ticked off. She was able to guide me to where it was, and we were able to find it.

The second psychic that I found to be valid, she was able to tell me about myself, without me telling her anything, rather just sitting there and letting her do the talking, and not either confirming or denying anything. I can state that she got 90% accuracy, and that was with me not saying anything to her.

The third psychic that I paid for, and believe me by this time I was older and know a bit more, here again, I did not say anything and she accurately was able to tell me what she saw, and things that had not only a bit about things I already knew, but here again 90% of every thing she told me, came to pass.

But here again, there have been a few who were not so accurate and tended to be way off the mark, making many ask, if they are valid or not. Like everything, you just have to keep trying till you find one that you trust and who can tell you much, without saying anything.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Hello Bluesma

Nope, and apart from getting the reading up and running I generally ask for no feedback at all. Confirmations yes, but people ask to tell me things to elaborate, but it is CRITICAL to me this information is not given and that I have no cues, or hints. That way, information is as clean as possible. Early on, I found people became excited and told me things I was just about to write!! This is HUGELY frustrating. On the occasions I do them nowadays, I set a calm, quiet tone - where I will speak, they will listen, I may ask occasionally obviously - whether they can take a specific name or situation, but YES or NO etc is all I expect in return. This is unless I am asked by the visitor specifically, as that does happen as well from time to time. You must be fluid and flexible, some reads are really clumsy, others deftly discreet (like my last one), the fact it was discreet was a perfect reflection of the visitor, and merely accentuated the information and how it was delivered.

Also, in that regard of having spoken to people (sitters) prior to a reading (usually, there are no clues it will happen), it has been generally quite briefly. When this DOES happen, I try to steer clear of information I may actually know, or if that is impossible, I make it clear I obviously already know said information - but that it has a relevance or bearing upon the reading. Mostly I have found visitors to be exceptionally clever in getting around this pitfall however, and delivering information I may already know, in a way that is different to my understanding, and 'under the radar' if that makes sense (if it doesnt, try sitting here lol!).

An example of this from a recent reading was a lady, whom related a career to a random person in a soap opera - not only had I specifially named a close family member this person did not know (generational), but itwas from a person I already knew about and wanted to avoid (but couldn't, as it was her) - but she had disguised a message, using a television show and these characters. Wish I could elaborate more, but I cannot - needless to say, there was NO ambiguity for the sitter, but I had no clue what it was all about. That is the ideal read - leaves me totally confused, and the sitter in NO DOUBT as to who it is and what their message is. (Apologies if that last part if confusing, without revealing names/business owners in question etc, it is very difficult to explain)

Returning directly to your question though, obviously, there are times that I am speaking to someone that I have spoken to a little - in fact that is usually the case, as people dont just knock on my door or have my phone number etc and go "oh hai, spirit reading please"
- but during the reading as I say, I do not need a physical connection such as voice, vision, pictures etc. Everyone works differently, but as I differ as a medium in that I wait for visitor/sitter to align and I simply fascilitate - I feel it is not the same as "career" mediums who may need those extra tools, to make a connection or put a call out on their behalf. I most certainly do not.

I myself have only ever given 1 or 2 face to face reads and never on the phone, and I felt massively uncomfortable - as when I actually speak, it puts me off. Typing, silently, alone helps ensure total focus and as strong a connection as possible with zero interference from what a 'sitter' may WISH to hear.

Hope that makes more sense than I think it does! Please feel free to ask more, if you need me to clear any of that up

Peace
NWD

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A friend (I won't say his name because he's quite well known in certain places) of mine, who was trained by one if Britians 'best' mediums called me to warn me about getting into a red car. I didn't heed the warning. Two days later I got into my best mates (red) car, stupidly we were both hammered. Within about 15mins of getting in he lost control, spun the car and smashed straight into a huge oak tree. I broke my finger, Harry (driver) broke his leg, his arm and suffered some major internal bruising.

This tells me three things. Harrys an idiot for driving drunk, I'm an idiot for getting in and I should always, always, always listen to the warnings of my friend and he's given my two more since then.

ALS

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Thank you for the very interesting description of how this is for you!

My curiosity stirred, I only wish I was nearby and could try it out with you myself!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Wow mate that was heavy.

From the bottom of my heart, I hope they found peace and that you do to my friend. I sure know what it is like to tragically lose a friend.

Peace to you buddy,
NWD

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Long ago, just before I left for my first overseas assignment in the Air Force, my neighbor, a German woman from Baden-Baden, read my fortune for me in cards.

She told me three specific things:

1. I would not come home when expected.

2. I would receive honors unrealized.

3. I would contract a lingering but nonfatal illness.

As things turned out, I wound up having my tour extended for the duration of a political/military crisis and indeed returned home some four or five months later than scheduled.

Just days before the crisis erupted, I did something others thought heroic and was submitted for the Airman's Medal, the highest non-combat medal attainable, but the paperwork and incident got lost in the crisis, and so became "unrealized honors".

While overseas I acquired a fungus infection that got ugly and took about two years to get rid of.

I think that cards, ouija boards, prayer, what have you are just convenient lenses through which our energies are focused. It is not the object that is important but rather the individual's energies and how they are attuned.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Who is stalking me... and why are they doing it???

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I've just had two readings that have given me more than any had previously. Of course, the previous ones had given me had given me more than...wait. I have only had a few and I've had one that I would have called a fraud. She was, but a lot of people seem to think otherwise so there ya go. I'd call all but one of medical doctors I've ever been to in my life frauds before I'd call the psychics/clairvoyants/mediums I've met frauds - and I've been to a lot more doctors.

So, yes and more so all the time. I'm working with one rather closely now but even so, I would be interested in having our new member here have a look at me to see what he thinks. Things are happening fast and furious in my life right now. Can't really be updated too often. Any and all help is gratefully accepted! Get to that 20th post and let's get to u2uing!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I think, when dealing on this plane of existance time/space is a little irrelevant. Either that or "visitors" are complete jokers given some of the times they insist upon pestering me

What I mean by this is, don't worry, it doesnt matter where you/I are with enough focus and clarity I can still be of help. Just let me know. Like I say, I am not someone who contacts spirit on demand, in fairness I'm a bit too busy with my other projects to learn that skill even if I wanted to... which I don't. I just trust the important and appropriate ones, will come to me, and I'm happy to be a positive messenger.

And I am not your skills though, and you yourself can do this, as I had to in the beginning - I think you know to be honest.
- Just be open, to the right people coming into your path, but be sure it is a path you wish to follow first. Ask yourself an honest question! It is a wonderful, beautiful thing in my opinion - but at times, it is difficult, emotional, and disturbing - that is the price, it couldn't be any other way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join