It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feral Dog Attack Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Sounds like your are in a Euro setting. The kilometers gave it away.

Here in the south we'd just shoot them wild dogs. Plain, simple, quick and easy. It would save alot of people and animals some misery.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Team Locke
Sounds like your are in a Euro setting. The kilometers gave it away.

Here in the south we'd just shoot them wild dogs. Plain, simple, quick and easy. It would save alot of people and animals some misery.

OP is in asia..
We use kilometres here in asia too. And firearms ownership illegal in most countries here unless you pay extremely large amount of cash , can prove a valid need for owning / carrying a firearm if your lucky and get approved it must be properly registered, stored in an approved facility - usually at a licensed range / shooting club. ammunition also must be properly stored and accounted for at all times as well. Very few people are allowed to carry firearms legally here.

Exception to the rule is made for indiginous peoples who live in remote villages out in the jungles. (usually shotgun or rifle though have seen some old ak47s, m14s, m16s and a thompson from the vietnam war in a few of the more remote area's with little to no government presence where people left to themselves)

there are blackmarket weapons but get caught possesing or using one you go to jail for a very long time unlike in the west jails here arent country clubs.

Limits the options for those in cities to deal with feral dogs.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
WTH was that werewolf in the first pic??

It was a Tibetan Mastiff.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Good on you for learning, and surviving. I think you did the right thing, especially when you chose to confront the dogs on their terms (charging, making aggressive noises). I would guess that professional dog trainers would disagree with me, however it has been my own experience in similar situations that the closer a person can arrive at the predator's mindset and believe it yourself, the better you can communicate your strength and intent.

That won't keep you alive if a pack attacks -- be it animals or people -- but it can give a person a momentary edge to do something else. If the pack senses that YOU have given up, they may attack with fury. Confusion is a good tool to have in your arsenal. You taught the dogs that you weren't as vulnerable as they assessed.

They were dogs being dogs, and I feel for them. I would not hesitate to kill them to protect me or mine, or even a stranger that was ill-equipped to deal with the situation.

Well done, and good lesson. My father has carried a walking staff made of cedar most of his life. Now that he's older, he relies on it more than he used to. He says it has saved his life many times. It might be the last weapon to be taken from us.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by WatchRider

Can you get a gun?

Honestly, you handled yourself very well, but what about an old lady or a child? If the dogs will attack a full grown man, it is only a matter of time before they kill a child. A small .22 pistol doesn't make much noise, it is easy to point and shoot, and you can just shoot them and keep walking. I doubt anyone is going to notice, or complain.

Alas firearms are only allowed if you're a permanent resident.
To legally CCW is almost impossible them without that and a zillion other connections...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join