It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Why is it so hard for people to get along? What will it take for people to throw down their weapons and just be friends? Why do people have to die when no one really needs to? What is it even for? Why can't people just live in harmony and live and let be? I'm absolutely baffled how the world could be on the brink of war and for what? Nothing more than "I don't like you". Why do thousands of people have to suffer because of what a few men say and do to each other? The Kings do the talking and the Pawns just do the dying.

It's not our fault.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Because the world is filled to the brim with authoritarians....and that pretty much sums it up in the broadest sense.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sNaFu

When people decide they'd rather be happy than right......IMHO! Why argue to prove your point to others who will never agree (because they need to be right)? If you truly believe it, you don't need to prove it.

Not easy - still working on it myself.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sNaFu

money, greed, power, land, religion, beliefs and politics, get rid of all of them saying mine mine mine, mine is better, bigger, stronger, and more than yours, I am right your wrong, my and the "K" words views and opinions, then just then you might have total peace, but then you might not for one word or action and the whole thing, er mess, will start again.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Hard to live happy while being in constant fear of someone else deciding they should have the power to destroy the world and maybe even use that power. What has to go on in these talks between everyone that turns out so badly? Do they just trade insults or something?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Its all by design if we all lived in peace the ones in power would have nothing to do, as long as the elite are in charge there will be hate wars killing because of greed and power plus evil i understand how you feel may be one day it will change but for now this is just the way it is.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I hate having to live with a knot in my stomach while I wonder what someone in a different country is doing to that impacts my life and whether or not it ends. Why can't the voice of the people be heard? WE don't want war or conflict so if THEY want war or conflict they can do it man to man and not risk the people of their country.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by sNaFu

When people decide they'd rather be happy than right......IMHO! Why argue to prove your point to others who will never agree (because they need to be right). If you truly believe it, you don't need to prove it.

The proverb warns that "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should if it prevents you from feeding yourself. – Thomas Szasz

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

nvm - I think you just proved my point.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sNaFu

totally !

We need to value Life
Sadly no one is interested, just click the youtube link in my sig for examples.
People"we could believe" are interested in guns and money.. and sex and new stuff and sports and beer :\
I think they won lol or my hope now rely on some type of extra biological entity that will sort things out.
I'm kidding of course. The main problem is people rarely get involve into a cause, trivial life is a b__ch if you like guns and money and the like. Its a circle that is running way back to the roman empire.

Anyway, if you wanna get people involve i say start small, people dont like bad news, even if you supercool.

peace

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I can sum it all up in one word, OP:

Hubris

... the stupidity of human hubris has long been our downfall and will continue to be so until we've wiped each other out.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sNaFu
Why is it so hard for people to get along?

Acute stress disorder, Adjustment disorder, Adolescent antisocial behavior, Adult antisocial behavior, Adverse effects of medication-not otherwise specified, Age-related cognitive decline, Alcohol-related disorder, Alzheimer's, Amnestic disorder, Amphetamine (or amphetamine-like)-related disorder, Anorexia nervosa, Antisocial personality disorder, Anxiety disorder, Anxiolytic-related disorder, Asperger syndrome, Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, Atypical autism, Autistic disorder, Autophagia, Avoidant personality disorder, Bereavement, Bibliomania, Binge eating disorder, Bipolar disorder, Body dysmorphic disorder, Borderline intellectual functioning, Borderline personality disorder, Breathing-related sleep disorder, Brief psychotic disorder, Bulimia nervosa, Caffeine-related disorder, Cannabis-related disorder, Catatonic disorder, Catatonic Schizophrenia, Childhood antisocial behavior, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder, Chronic motor or vocal tic disorder, Circadian rhythm sleep disorder, Clinical Depression, Cocaine-related disorder, Cognitive disorder, Communication disorder, Conduct disorder, Conversion disorder, Depersonalization Disorder, Derealization Disorder, Eating disorder not otherwise specified, Echolalia, Echopraxia, Encopresis, Enuresis (not due to a general medical condition), Exhibitionism, Expressive language disorder, Factitious disorder, FOX "News" viewer disorder, Fregoli delusion, Ganser syndrome, Gender identity disorder, Generalized anxiety disorder, General adaptation syndrome, Hallucinogen-related disorder, Histrionic personality disorder, Huntington's disease, Hypomanic episode, Hypochondria Disorder, Impulse control disorder, Impulse-control disorder not elsewhere classified, Inhalant-related disorder, Insomnia due to a general medical condition, Intermittent explosive disorder, Joubert syndrome, Kleptomania, Learning disorders, Major depressive disorder, Major depressive episode, Male erectile disorder, Malingering, Manic episode, Mathematics disorder, Medication-related disorder, Megalomania, Melancholia, Mental retardation, Mixed episode, Mixed receptive-expressive language disorder, Mood disorder, Mood episode, Motor skills disorder, Munchausen's syndrome, Munchausen's syndrome by proxy, Multi-Personality Disorder (better known as Dissociative Identity Disorder), Narcissistic personality disorder, Narcolepsy, Neglect of child, Neuroleptic-related disorder, Nicotine-related disorder, Nightmare disorder, Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD), Occupational problem, Oneirophrenia, Opioid-related disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), Pain disorder, Panic disorder, Paranoid personality disorder, Parasomnia, Parent-child relational problem, Partner relational problem, Pathological gambling, Perfectionism, Personality change due to a general medical condition, Personality disorder, Pervasive developmental disorder (PDD), Phase of life problem, Phencyclidine (or phencyclidine-like)-related disorder, Phonological disorder, Physical abuse, Pica, Polysubstance-related disorder, Post-traumatic embitterment disorder (PTED), Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Premature ejaculation, Primary hypersomnia, Primary insomnia, Psychological factor affecting medical condition, Psychotic disorder, Pyromania, Reactive Attachment Disorder of infancy or early childhood, Reading disorder, Relational disorder, Republicanism, Residual schizophrenia, Rett's disorder, Rumination syndrome, Schizoaffective disorder, Schizoid personality disorder, Schizophrenia, Schizophreniform disorder, Schizotypal personality disorder, Sedative-, hypnotic-, or anxiolytic-related disorder, Selective mutism, Separation anxiety disorder, Severe mental retardation, Shared psychotic disorder, Sleep disorder, Sleep terror disorder, Sleepwalking disorder, Somatization disorder, Somatoform disorder, Stereotypic movement disorder, Stuttering, Substance-related disorder, Tardive dyskinesia, Tic disorder, Tourette's syndrome, Transient tic disorder,Trichotillomania

... and fear.

What will it take for people to throw down their weapons and just be friends?

Apparently more than Earth has to offer according to those who can't find peace on it.

Why do people have to die when no one really needs to?

Make room for babies.

What is it even for?

Absolutely nothing. Say it again.... War huh.. what is is good for..

...The Kings do the talking and the Pawns just do the dying.

edit on 29-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
As long as Companies like ATK profit from War, we will have them.
www.atk.com...

I know, they're just responding to demand. The shareholders want a Return On Investment.(ROI)

I've seen their manufacturing facilities. These guys can MAKE weapons.

As usual, religion is causing more death then natural disasters.

The more things change,the more they stay the same.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Humans are aggressive beings who like a bit of a ruck, preferrably with blood and gore. I've heard some even prefer fighting to f-ing.

new topics

top topics

join