It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Researcher Created A Super-Influenza Virus With The Potential To Kill Millions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Dutch Researcher Created A Super-Influenza Virus With The Potential To Kill Millions

www.doctortipster.com

A Dutch researcher has created a virus with the potential to kill half of the planet’s population. Now, researchers and experts in bioterrorism debate whether it is a good idea to publish the virus creation ”recipe”. However, several voices argue that such research should have not happened in the first place.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Wow... as I read this article.. it gets worse and worse....

Genie is out of the bottle folks... If you haven't started drinking yet... now is a good time to start

Seriously though... how does the left side of your brain... the narrative side which tries to make sense of it all deal with this? So now we have a human engineered virus that can kill half the worlds population... and one would think that creating vaccines or antidotes would be worth an achievement unlocked....

www.doctortipster.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but this is weeks old. Not really news. I've seen it pop up a few times

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I must have missed this. I need to search for other sources.
edit on 11/28/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
oh, crap....that's pretty spooky....they definitely need to lock that thing up....if that virus ever got out, the whole planet could be is serious trouble....it takes bio-terrorism to a whole new level..as if we don't have enough crap to worry about

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Visit The Big Wobble, they have plenty to say how quite a lot.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The real question is, who commissioned and funded this research?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I don't know how long it'll take for the world to realize this has already been done. But do you think they'd tell you about it? No. Why does this little article surprise you all?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Good Question!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
why in the hell? does he want an award?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Create a air born transmissible virus is stupid , and dangerous

A good (if good weapon exist) Biologic mass destruction weapon should not be humain - humain transmissible because we will rapidly loose the control of the virus

Any biological weapon should only have localized impact , exemple : You put -insert name- virus in New york subway , any people in this Subway will get sick and die , but they will not transmit the virus to other people

so you keep control of it .

but , be aware to not have a easily mutative sample .

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
*Copying my response from a closed thread*

The only thing I could think of while reading this was a great line said by Patton Oswalt:

“Hey, we made cancer airborne and contagious!

You’re welcome!

We’re science: we’re all about coulda, not shoulda.”

I honestly don't see much good coming from this at all.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think he is right to do this as long as its in a safe place etc, the reason why I think this is that other people in the world have maybe engineered similar virus's and he is now researching how to make a better vaccine for the bird flu.
So hopefully this virus will help us combat flu in the long run.
edit on 29-11-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
hmmm could be a case of captain trips from the stand.

now u mention it my throat is a bit sore :p
edit on 29-11-2011 by ShaithisFerenczy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There was a time and a place when we looked at science with great expectations for its potential contributions to mankind. That now appears to be a by gone era, as scientific minds appear hell bent on being stupid in their pursuit of left brained learning.

We are increasing in scientific knowledge and using that knowledge to act more stupidly.

When will we really learn?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Why is this stupid? This could help make a vaccine to the bird flu virus or any nasty type of flu bug.
At least he is doing it above board and safe.
This guy is doing it because if some evil type dude makes it or it evolves into a strain like he has made we will have a better understanding of the virus already.
Its not like he is going to release it.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It's not like he's going to release it?

Okay - let's say I am completely convinced by the information provided that his intentions are pure and will remain so. Is this really the only potential problem you can see?

History is replete with examples of man's arrogance in assuming he can control nature around him, with dire consequences. Add to that the tendency of man to want to inflict harm or power over one another and yes, I get to the belief that this was a stupid move. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

We should expect and demand more of our scientists - pursue knowledge, pursue answers - but don't create that which you wish to eliminate. Find a better way.

edit on 11/29/2011 by Open2Truth because: spelling correction

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

that damn pharmaceutical industry , always tryna' make money off of people ...
homegrown vegetables such as tomatoes or garlic tend to be a lot healthier for your body than engineered medicine. and tastier as well , if you raised them with love

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Oh gee great. Now all they have to do is make a vaccine for and only the ELITES get the cure. WHILE we run around like ZOMBIES infecting the populous. They made several movies about this exact sceanario. What better way to get the fema camps/martial law up and rolling, while they are in thier bunkers safe. This would cause utter disaster even to the ones who do not get sick from it. I wonder if this virus is picky as to who it infects. I mean, what if they altered it to only kill off certain blood types or something like that. This is chaos. A violation to all humanity, Like the gas chambers. The gas chambers were more humane than this virus, at least you didn't go out in pain. How sick, the whole thing is just sick. To kill people, just to kill. What is wrong with people.
sick f#'s. Maybe the people who get infected come after the people who made it. SICK, REALLY SICK F# PEOPLE. The mentally ill at large creating this thing, really. What person in their right mind would think of such a thing. Complete and utter lack of life of humanity as a whole. Now what does that say about that person. This is a lame horse and needs to be put down. Did these idiots ever think of this thing mutating and killing them in the process. This kind of activity makes my blood boil. STUPID. IDIOTS.
NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OF THIS.
:flam e:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join