It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, Dept of Homeland Security Releases the list of 150 sites recently seized.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, for those who are wondering, here is the list of what they deemed fit to take down and seize outright. I'm still not entirely sure about my feelings on this. In periods of abject boredom I've wandered the net like everyone else and I've been known to enter some real gray area search terms just to see what would pop up. In doing that, I have certainly come across images and other things I'll likely be able to recall the day I die of old age..despite a real desire to forget much of what was found that way.

So, in that context, someone has to police the worst of the repugnant garbage that exists out here. Should it be DHS? Well......I really don't think so. They have a trust issue. Specifically, I have absolutely none left for them. No one is asking us little people though, so here you go. Read and form your own opinions based on what they actually did target and remove:

150 sites seized in Operation 'In Our Sites'.

Many of these seem self explanatory by the name alone. If that IS accurate, many of these don't seem to be of any business to Department of Homeland Security. Perhaps I'm old fashioned. What say everyone else?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
looks like they got rid of all those nasty cheap merchandise online stores in order to "protect the american people" from long shipping times and reduced quality.

Guess these guys were taking too much of the pie from the "legitimite" sports apparle companies.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think it is the right hing to do, to remove and effectively seize counterfeit sites. However, if they start setting their sites on sites like forum ones, that's when i'd start to take more notice. As of now, i think they are doing the roght thing

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well...I feel safer already!

Actually, in 2003, parts of INS and Customs merged. Customs always handled trademark infringement so that's what our "Special" Agents with ICE are tasked with these days. In fact, it's one of their top priorities for FY12.

Perhaps they should rename it to Dept. of Corporate Security...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Too bad they didn't yank Jersey Shore...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Glad to see Homeland Security is up to good work!

Protecting the national religion of the NFL so official NFL jersey manufactures can charge $100 per shirt that should cost $20-$25 but doesn't because we live in Idiocracy.

During thanksgiving my uncle was talking about how he bought a Jersey online for $25 and thought it was real because it was so nice. I told him it was probably just a good fake and he didn't believe me, lol I'm gonna forward him this list..

Honestly, I promote piracy when the real thing is dumbly over priced to begin with, it's a good balance for the markets. For example, I am sure if itunes charged 10 cents a song, they'd probably make just as much money because people like me who refuse to pay $1-1.30 person song when I could download a lower quality version off youtube for free would actually PAY for music. Ok, now I'm just ranting....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Now guys. Lets be civil and remember those Special Agents who defend our freedom and security everyday.

Who knows? Maybe louisvuitton-bags-forcheap.com was actually a front for Al-Qaeda. And maybe jerseysbyjerseys.net was a front for Hezbollah.

Deny Ignorance!

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Departent of Home land Security is doing what they allways do. Protecting the profits of big business at tax payers expense. Seems strange that they charge you taxes to get rid of the cheap knock offs coming out of China. The ironic thing is the expensive stuff is coming from China anyways.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If these people were counterfeiters, then I do not care who gets em...I am glad somebody is doing it...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What's the lesson from all this, well don't go buying crappy jerseys online!!!! if anyone is dumb enough to buy from any site that has 100 in it's address then you probably deserve it. Next year I am gonna open 100tasers.com just in time for black Friday (all I'm sending you is a 9v battery, stick your tongue to it it works).

It is Hilarious that homeland security is mostly worried about knock off clothing sites and exploding turkeys this holiday season.

New color on our terror alert level guys, Ugly Flower Print (high probability of clothing terror).

Good job.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
awesome!
i feel so much safer now.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jermicide

Well give them a break they did just go through thier zombie training.

publicintelligence.net...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I just wonder how long until sites like ATS makes it onto that list? It is just a matter of time until they start going after sites of all kinds. I look for You Tube to be a target at some point. We are losing the net a little more each day.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I just wonder how long until sites like ATS makes it onto that list? It is just a matter of time until they start going after sites of all kinds. I look for You Tube to be a target at some point. We are losing the net a little more each day.

I can imagine the accuse they would spout for targeting sites like ATS, too.. Counterfeit News.

edit on 28-11-2011 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

Agreed. DHS should be looking at ATS, as we are a danger to TPTB. Freethinkers are dangerous. Much more dangerous than a Jersey.

Knock one counterfeit down, and 10 ten it's place. Where's the logic in that? They'll just get new domains, and continue peddling. Supply and demand, right? Capitalism? Right? Right?

I feel a rant coming on......

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
What in the good name of Jesus does a football jersey have to do with Homeland Security? Terrorists are going to dress up on Sunday as football players? What the bloody ell is wrong here?

This has me incensed. DHS has been set as the "Overseer" now, eh? Yep, their logo is on the very upper left of that doc. They have precedence. Over everything.

That should crank you up.

Did anyone do a WHOIS on those domains, to see if they are all registered by US registrars? Oh my.

I could wake up one day, and see the ATS homepage with this logo?

edit on 11/28/11 by Druid42 because: fixed tags

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Eventually it will happen. In the future though, tyranny is a slow building process.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This site of the IPR has photos of the items.
www.iprcenter.gov...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Still incensed, I decided to do a whois on the the first offending site:

100jerseys.com

Domain Name ..................... 100jerseys.com
Name Server ..................... ns3.myhostadmin.net
ns4.myhostadmin.net
Registrant Name ................. junliang liu
Registrant Organization ......... lin zhi qiang
Registrant Address .............. goutouyuanquanxingyuandaxia307
Registrant City ................. putian
Registrant Province/State ....... FJ
Registrant Postal Code .......... 351100
Registrant Country Code ......... cn
Registrant Phone Number ......... 0594-42738575
Registrant Fax .................. 0594-42589077
Registrant Email ................
Technical Organization .......... junliang liu
Technical Address ............... goutouyuanquanxingyuandaxia307
Technical City .................. putian
Technical Province/State ........ FJ
Technical Postal Code ........... 351100
Technical Country Code .......... cn
Technical Phone Number .......... 0594-42738575
Technical Fax ................... 0594-42589077
Technical Email .................
Administrative Organization ..... junliang liu
Administrative Address .......... goutouyuanquanxingyuandaxia307
Administrative City ............. putian
Administrative Province/State ... FJ
Administrative Postal Code ...... 351100
Administrative Country Code ..... cn
Administrative Phone Number ..... 0594-42738575
Administrative Fax .............. 0594-42589077
Administrative Email ............
Billing Organization ............ junliang liu
Billing Address ................. goutouyuanquanxingyuandaxia307
Billing City .................... putian
Billing Province/State .......... FJ
Billing Postal Code ............. 351100
Billing Country Code ............ cn
Billing Phone Number ............ 0594-42738575
Billing Fax ..................... 0594-42589077
Billing Email ...................

Notice the bold in the whois: State/Province is FJ (Fuji) Japanese counterfeits?

How does the DHS have jurisdiction over a foreign domain?

Questions, people. Need more research on this.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I don't advocate PIRACY at all but I do encourage people to buy a BLANK Jersey from off the net somewhere and print your own under Fair use [wiki] laws .

How to make iron on transfers [ehow.com]

Iron on transfer tips [desktoppub.about.com]

Print your own iron on transfers [h71036.www7.hp.com]

Personal Disclosure: I'd also recommend getting a loom and make your own clothes but that would be to easy wouldn't it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join