It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan PM: No more "business as usual" with U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Pakistan's prime minister ruled out "business as usual" with the United States on Monday after a NATO attack killed 24 Pakistani soldiers and the army threatened to curtail cooperation over the war in Afghanistan.

Saturday's incident on Pakistan's border with Afghanistan has complicated U.S. attempts to ease a crisis in relations with Islamabad and stabilize the region before foreign combat troops leave Afghanistan.

"Business as usual will not be there," Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani told CNN when asked if ties with the United States would continue. "We have to hav
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If Pakistan start to refuse assistance in Afghanistan then US troops stationed there may be facing some problems in the future. If this develops further it is not impossible for a regional war to break out. The consequences of which are unthinkable.

Also, given that China stated that an attack on Pakistan's sovereignty is quite literally an attack on China's sovereignty, we seem to have a problem. I'm sure that as I type this they are discussing how to handle it....

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
Also, given that China stated that an attack on Pakistan's sovereignty is quite literally an attack on China's sovereignty, we seem to have a problem. I'm sure that as I type this they are discussing how to handle it....

China declared that a while ago yet didn't NATO just attack Pakistan recently?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well they've said "no more business as usual" on multiple occasions now, so I'm still iffy on that. No matter what happens the U.S. NEEDS Pakistan's help in areas and vice-versa. I actually like what Michelle Bachman said, the relationship is "too nuclear to fail".

We'll see what comes next and if the U.S. actually leaves the airbase Pakistan has demanded they exit.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Absolutely, this is what is worrying. I imagine they are deciding how to handle this as we speak.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Does that mean they're gonna stop cashing the cheques? I don't think so...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
this will change with the next flood, sick to death of nuclear nations who cant even provide electricity and food for there population

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well....we kind of deserve it.

The only reason we care about Pakistan in the slightest is because they control massive supply routes and they have control ~100 nukes. As long as the United States is in Afghanistan, the United States will be in Pakistan.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

Absolutely, this is what is worrying. I imagine they are deciding how to handle this as we speak.

oh i dont know, perhaps the same old mo' , internal unrest, an assassination here and there, right up to the point that foreign intervention would be needed to secure its missiles and as the new age wave is, the people demand a democracy with better living standards.

sound familiar ?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Sounds like an earthquake (literally) is about to hit Pakistan.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

At the end of the day NATO and the USA just want Pakistan's nukes. Pakistan really is an abortion just waiting to happen....not if but when.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Screw the Pakistanies

Maybe we will be able to make more progress in the Stan now without them

edit on 29-11-2011 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdguy
Screw the Paki's

Maybe we will be able to make more progress in the Stan now without them

You can't call them that any more its not the 1970's that is now a very offensive term like Ni$$$$.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

tho the first use of the p word was offensive
the "stan" is short for afghanistan , usually A stan or Pstan for pakistan tbf ..
edit on 29-11-2011 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Oh, bugger.

Sorry I'm an Aussie, and we're not very politically correct

To me it's like calling and English man a pom or pommy, an American a yank

So what

Anyway, I will edit so I don't offend anyone. Thanks for pointing that out

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

What, no more business as usual?

So that means the Pakistan government, military and intelligence services are no longer going to lie, cheat, deceive and mislead their supposed ally or duplicitly support the terrorists and extremists they allegedly oppose?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

At the end of the day NATO and the USA just want Pakistan's nukes

Pakistan's nuclear weapons pale into insignificance when compared to the USA's etc, they don't need or want them.

What the USA wants is to ensure that no-one else uses those nuclear weapons.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I agree with you Freeborn. Pakistans loyalty has been very jaded to say the least.

The fact they found Bin Laden where they did speaks volumes among other things.

This development along with Syria and Iran blowing off steam is leading to an interesting 2012.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
looks like the US is runnng out of freinds
Russia are now putting the ultimatum to lose the missile sheild or not be allowed to go through Russia to supply the troops

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

tho the first use of the p word was offensive
the "stan" is short for afghanistan , usually A stan or Pstan for pakistan tbf ..
edit on 29-11-2011 by gambon because: (no reason given)

I know, although I am not offended as I'm an English white male others reading may be. I am not sure about Australia but in England the term paki has long been thought as being racist and offensive to Pakistanis and Indians as it was used in a derogatory way to describe anybody of a certain skin colour whether they were from Pakistan or not. Skin heads used to go out "p%%%" bashing .I am surprised that it is still an acceptable term even in Australia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join