It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Religion divide Humans just like Racism and Nationalism does ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

video.google.com...#

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mikejohnson2006

Yes.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Do the bankers rule the world?

So, yes; is your answer.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

One word: Yes

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Will your video link ever work??

Edit: Your vid link doesn't work.

edit on 28-11-2011 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

No offense but this is pretty minimal for an OP. Might want to add a bit of opinion, or at least a description of what's on the other end of that link.

Religion divides just as many people as it unites, that's the ironic thing about it. What nationalism, politics and racism have in common with religion is that they are typically dogmatic and irrational.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
yes. People will kill over their beliefs.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikejohnson2006

video.google.com...#

Yes. It divides Light from darkness. The world is the corruption of what we do not wish on ourselves. Chruches are the shades of the colors of faith. When something is taken from us, we demand justice. When we want to justify our prejudice, we demonize the ones standing in the way of our actions. Law stands in the way of unjust actions. Love stands in they way of hate. Courage stands in the way of fear. The seven virtues stand in opposition to the seven vices. Chastity:Lust, Temperance:Gluttony, Charity:Greed, Diligence:Sloth, Patience:Wrath, Kindness:Envy, Humility : Pride.

Give me one good reason we shouldn't stand in honor of a true faith, no matter the faith based church we cling to. The only reason would be if the religion did not stand for love and the principles of Christ. That's it. Being loving and being Christ-like is one in the same.

Religion that steals, kills and destroys is false. Religion that honors, protects and defends by the process of Agape love is true.

1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

edit on 28-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ask the Sunni and Shia Muslims if religion divides humans.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
simply look at the countries we're invading. That should easily answer the OP's question.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
only if the nature of said religion is divisive.

there are plenty of forms of religion and spirituality that are not "with us or against us" in their practices.

true religion is simply one's exploration and celebration of the mysteries of life.

religious preference is just like a musical preference. we each resonate with different forms of music. we each resonate with different forms of spirituality/religions (including a science based belief systems).

it is when one states that their preference is better than another that mucks up the whole notion.

(it is just as idiotic when one says their preference in music is better than another's)

just because there are dogmatic religions, corrupt religions and divisive religions out there, shouldn't mean that all forms of spirituality are dogmatic, corrupt and divisive.

that is narrow minded (and a bit lazy) thinking. my 2 cents.

cheers

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You really asked this question? That's what causes wars and a whole host of other things!!!!

A one sentence post with no discription or opinions is a no no.

edit on 28-11-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Religions, races and nations exist.

You can invent all kinds of reasons why, but we could chalk it up to the need for diversity if we wanted to.

We don't have a word for religious bigotry. You could call it "religionism" I guess.

What is divisive on this planet is the idea that one group deserves to dominate the others. This is a criminal idea. In other words, a criminal knows that he deserves to be beaten up or killed for the things he has done. Therefore, he's afraid of everybody and what they might find out about him. His solution is to try to dominate everybody. Similar thinking is behind racism, etc. These are ideas spread by criminals to get people to fight each other instead of the real criminals.

Criminals have had their hand in creating churches, nations, even races and languages. But their real goal is domination, and that is the real divisive influence.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

video.google.com...#

No, having more that one person causes division. Or one psycho with a knife.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Religion doesnt but multiple religions can..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You better believe religions divide people!!!.....

Not only that, but the God of the Holy Bible is a major segregationist! He placed oceans to divide people, he called and separated a specific group of people (the jews) as his own people and commanded them to be different and separate from other people. God even separated their clothing, crops, and livestock. God is NOT a friend of integration.

The God of the Bible even commands Christians to separate themselves from the world, and to HATE it! That's why Christians don't go out partying and drinking with the rest of the fleshly people.

......But the Queen of Heaven will one day unite all religions. Goddess worship is coming back.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Seriously... how long have you been on ATS? Just look around here and you will hear a giant thud that says YES.

Then go out into the real world... there are folks ready to impeach Obama or worse because they consider him a closet Muslim..

Seriously, religion even divides Protestants... for instance, in your deviled eggs... sweet pickle relish or not?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
......But the Queen of Heaven will one day unite all religions. Goddess worship is coming back.

Why not? We have already heard His story.

Maybe we should hear Her story.

Then when the two become one, the world will know peace...

Transvestites! That is the answer!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Where have you been for the past couple thousand years?

Or should I say human history?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Everything that toggles humanity into separate groups divides us.

Does your last name end in a vowel? Changes are good that you are divided from those whose names end in a consonant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join