It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

someone is going to investigate it Newton Gingrich and Iran Contra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is a very Speculative Conspiracy...

Remember You read it here first...

The decade was the 80's...

Newt Gingrich- wiki

A young up and comer...

A 1980 memo from then-freshman House member Gingrich may be the original inspiration for Ronald Reagan's "are you better off than you were four years ago?" line from a presidential debate the same year.[26]

In 1981, Gingrich co-founded the Congressional Military Reform Caucus (MRC) as well as the Congressional Aviation and Space Caucus. During the 1983 congressional page sex scandal, Gingrich was among those calling for the expulsion of representatives Dan Crane and Gerry Studds.[27] Gingrich supported a proposal to ban loans from the International Monetary Fund to Communist countries and he endorsed a bill to make Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday a national holiday.[28]

In 1983, he founded the Conservative Opportunity Society (COS), a group that included young conservative House Republicans. Early COS members included Robert Smith Walker, Judd Gregg, Dan Coats and Connie Mack III. The group expanded over time to comprise several dozen representatives[29] who met each week to exchange and develop ideas.[28] Gingrich's analysis of polls and public opinion identified the group's initial focus.[29] Ronald Reagan adopted the "opportunity society" ideas for his 1984 re-election campaign, supporting the group's conservative goals on economic growth, education, crime, space exploration and social issues, which he had not emphasized during his first term.[30] Reagan also referenced an "opportunity" society in the first State of the Union address of his second term.[29]

He was a go getter and delivery boy... I.E.

Paying his dues...

Well in my thread

Kent Walls Competition 2012- Newt Gingrich

I have been covering a lot over his character....

A man twice prosecuted opponents over sexual behaviors... while he had affairs... with staff members himself...

Are you sitting for this....

How many people here where alive twenty five years ago-ish... I distinctively remember getting mad over a certain scandal that had hit the air waves because it interfered with my cartoons... I went outside and played....

Do you remember what the scandal was.... I do...

Iran Contra- wiki

Contra militants based in Honduras waged a guerilla war to topple the government of Nicaragua.[16][17] The Contras' form of warfare was "one of consistent and bloody abuse of human rights, of murder, torture, mutilation, rape, arson, destruction and kidnapping."[18][19] The "Contras systematically engage in violent abuses... so prevalent that these may be said to be their principal means of waging war."[20] A Human Rights Watch report found that the Contras were guilty of targeting health care clinics and health care workers for assassination; kidnapping civilians; torturing and executing civilians, including children, who were captured in combat; raping women; indiscriminately attacking civilians and civilian homes; seizing civilian property; and burning civilian houses in captured towns.[21]

Direct funding of the Contras insurgency had been made illegal through the Boland Amendment,[7] the name given to three U.S. legislative amendments between 1982 and 1984 aimed at limiting US government assistance to the Contras militants. In violation of the Boland Amendment, senior officials of the Reagan administration continued to secretly arm and train the Contras and provide arms to Iran, an operation they called "the Enterprise".[22]

I have established Newton's character in the other thread...

I felt like an idiot for missing the connection.... a Complete moron because of the possibility is so obvious...

the first point to this....

When you engage in such actions as the Iran contra, you need help from the other branches and clean up... Also it helps add a separate layer of protection and an expediter is necessary....

You would need an ambitious politician whose morals are for sale and wants power....willing to take this risk for approval of the bosses

Gingrich fits this bill

Next part

The rise to power and speedy advancement all fits... this would be a favor to help call in.... again and again

3)the meetings with Gingrich and Reagan fits the timetables of the Iran Contra...

you would send the peon to pass messages and aid in the processes of this...

We know Reagan used some of Gingrich's ideas....so at some point conversations took place and for the president and or his staff to be using the ideas and phrases points to contact...

Even the cooling time and silence matches....

4) Iran contra was the game in town at the time...

Again Gingrich was wanting to be a player pretty badly.....

ATS is about denying ignorance.... The possibility while out there does exist... No matter what you want to say the point is this.... It seems like a high probability, worth laying money on

When this hit me, I was surprised over it....Not just that I missed it but for other reasons...

My Conclusion:
This needs to be investigated.... The timing cycle matches...

Contact from small talk, points to members involved with Iran Contra involved with Gingrich (pillow Talk)

Gingrich had knowledge and involvement of/in the Iran Contra scandal... IMHO

PS.... if this turns out to be true and Newt had a part... forget the applause points can I have mod powers for being right?

edit on 28-11-2011 by ripcontrol because: to make it fit in title

edit on 28-11-2011 by ripcontrol because: changed title

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I am waiting for someone to Im me back..... They have a thread at another site ...so I can use there links that inspired the cross speciation

I read their article and it just dawned on me...

WOW... I cant believe I missed the low level links...

it was a hand to forehead moment...

I am not going to use the term psychic here it was just my mind processing information....

It is the whole reason I am writing some of the threads....My brain will still be processing information days later...

and bam...

A new solution appears....

It was I was reading a post ...
then the wiki photo with a confident NG talking with a bored Reagan (1985)

Please note the idea was soley mine I just want the muses permission so those who read this can follow part of my thought process

edit on 28-11-2011 by ripcontrol because: missing explanation

edit on 28-11-2011 by ripcontrol because: my spanglesh is bad

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I think that if he had any involvement in Iran Contra he would have been skewered with the big wigs back then. Caspar Weinberger, Poindexter, Bill Casey, MacFarlane etc all took some heat, got probation and later got pardoned. Newt would have been cooked had he been keeping company with those kids in the class.

I think all of his dirty laundry has already been hung out to dry...

Interesting OP though!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm a little reluctant to believe prematurely. But I eagerly await further info. This could be big enough to squash a particularly nasty bug....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I want to say all his laundry may be out... but there is that nagging thought....

Why is Obama not worried about him?

Why did Gingrich step down?

Did the liberal media investigate and find these links already....?

Thank you... But not everyone involved was caught.... and the quiet period of three to four years is there... an it is wise to be silent time... again thank you

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
I'm a little reluctant to believe prematurely. But I eagerly await further info. This could be big enough to squash a particularly nasty bug....

I am still digging..

I have to say this, the information location is actually going to take a professional investigator to get to...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Your serious? Democrats are in the drivers seat on this election. ALL Rebublican candiates will be driven under the bus for a lifestyle that doesn't meet "American" code of ethics by Puritan Ethical laws.

Democrats can just throw crap at the Republican candidate and miss Obama. Same group of recievers and throwers. Haven't you read ATS?

A LOT of Voters are tired of the BS slinging. WE GET IT. We do NOT want to pick a side and be guilty by association.

Go ahead...... Throw out a bad side of a candiates resume. The other side is waiting.

And Newt is a snert in my opinion. Speaking of snerts...Both sides are grabbing piles of bullsnert to sling.

Some of us are past it. What else ya got? Ron Paul? Bullsnert has been flying for years.
Tea Party? Snertcrap. OWS..snert. Blame everybody then let it FLY!!

Divide and Conquer ... Plans working according plan. A little behind schedule if you beieve 2012 snert.

Or is it?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I could see Newt just being thrown out there as a distraction. Or perhaps to take him out with his dirt.
He has so much bad baggage, I can't believe the republicans do not expect his reputation to be ruined by the media. Not to mention his actions do not represent republican values.

It seems like they are waiting for the right moment to blow the Newt bomb, and drop in a new face.

Since they blew us away with John and Sarah, they seem to put those with baggage(religious beliefs, can't behave around female co-workers) or brain damage(Perry Joke) up front for us all to laugh at.

Obama will win another on by virtue of common sense and no competition.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think Newt is as corrupt as anyone else and just as much a core of our current problems as any national leadership character in the past 30 years. He was Speaker during a critical period, after all...and perhaps the last period serious changes COULD have averted the collapse yet to come.

Having said all that... He won't get my vote even if it means a vote for Obama....but it won't be a result of Iran Contra. I was a little young to appreciate the magnitude and nuances of that scandal but I do have recollection of watching Ollie and a couple others giving their testimony. CSPAN was a champ for that..even then.
I can't see where that case could go any further today than it did then. Talk about beating a dead horse into the ground...and several stories beneath ground level.

Besides... IF Newt IS tied to it this long after events...what makes anyone sure it would actually be harmful to him? Watergate was pretty nasty for it's time, but G. Gordon Liddy has made quite the media empire for himself based almost entirely from his fame out of that scandal and his leading role in it. Careful what you wish for here..... Iran-Contra being dug back up could actually give the man a BOOST in the polls.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You should have seen the Iran Contra crap LIVE on TV with "Mr America" Oliver North. I did.

I also witnessed LIVE court proceedings about Watergate investigation.

Oh .. I watched Clinton Impeachment proceedings too.

The More Things Change,The More Things Stay The Same.

The mudslinging is always the same two party perpetuaters.

Too bad Tea Partiers got shanghied by both parties to destroy.

It had a fresh air about 2 years ago. It too stinks,like OWS. Pick a side.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

I understand the feeling and frustration a lot of Americans are feeling with the political process...

For your pleasure I will tell you this... ATS is about denying ignorance.....In this process I have not started this for political reasons (unless i decide to run
)

As I go on and on more and more is dawning on me... the American people have been sold out

I will cover this a little more when I respond to the other posters... Your not guilty by association to me... it may not mean much, but that is one of the few things from my childhood that has cost me jobs and allies....I do not like that and try my best to not do that.....

This election is about choosing the best person to rebuild America...With everything coming out some people might view this as the ability to act boldly... who knows ... I am more curious about what is hidden here...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by assspeaker

the last part is what gets me...

Someone asked me what is important about this...

If it comes out during the main election.... Obama is the winner hands down... it would swing the middle to Obama....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is the part that I agree with... he could if handled properly ride it to the white house.... A reversal and proper wording at the right time with directional control could get him elected...

If he takes the stance he was involved and would not change a single thing..... He did it to free the hostages....

it would show a strength of character he lacks so far... A I do not know much but those lives where the most important to me... response

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Excellent answer.
I meant no disrespect. I look forward to future dialog. I get Tee'd off how frustrated I get with choices.

We should be able to have better options.

Disappointing.

Good thread.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

oddly enough another thread references old newt..

new Ron Paul Campaign Ad Destroys Newt!

apparently a hit piece on newt...

interesting....

I thought you would like it

Thank you.....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The more that is uncovered about Iran Contra the more I realize that the American people really don't what exactly it was about.Excellent find OP.S&F
Although,I still wonder what Reagan knew about the whole thing.Growing up in the 80's it was the 1st time I learned just how much of a puppet the president of the US really is.Newt being involved in that mess shows just how deep the corruption goes.

new topics

top topics

join