It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Becomming a quigmire of Deceipt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have been on ATS for a while and I have noticed a growing increase in posts that have some kind of
designed agenda or replies to posts that are specifically designed to discredit the poster.
I mean the OWS movement people may have differing opinions but put OWS and post a
good article of relevent newsworthy or interesting topic then you should be commented upon by
the work youve done on the subject. If you do a pro Obama piece the same (In my opinion hard)
but basically if its true and honest then dont go on the attack.
But you post certain things on here maybe well researched and truthful but straight away there are
people queueing up to attack the post... These are people I believe quite strongly are paid to spread
misinformation....
I believe if theres a post that is based on research on some evidence if you agree and want to add more
absolutely ace.
I believe if theres a post based on research and good evidence you dont believe in.. then dont comment
upon it because all youre doing is destroying the post from a personal perspective
Then again if you find a post and you can challange it with research and evidence thats awesome .
thats free speech.....
But attacks like "Havent we put this to bed already". ... "Oh not this again its been disproved already" with no
basis or fact should be taken by people on here with the preferabel pince of salt.

I am posting this as it hasnt really effected my posts. So not a gripe that way but its occurring in every single
decent post you read... anyone can take constructive criticism but beaware people with hidden agendas are
lurking to destroy posts from the TPTB believe Me...
Link Here to a documentry how the Masons control forums like this and more
video.google.ca... id=1035832750043607001

My reason post is for every decent free thinking person on this great website ....
Lets try have decorum
Dont agree but has point .... Dont attack
Agree and have point... Try add more info ..
This post I can prove wrong ... Add evidence and reason ....

I know I am pissing against the wind with this post....but I thought it important to everyone on ATS to at least
spot light some things I have seen ...
edit on 28-11-2011 by robertauthor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If you don't like what is being said, voice your opinion about it. That's the point of the forum. It may or may not get you a lot of stars, who cares? Don't hold in your voice in the moment, that's worse than whining about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think the site is so great because of debate.Wether its OWS or Chemtrails its cool to hear conflicting opinions. I think trolls add to things in a way because their strawman arguments are easily discredited and when they are soundly beaten it makes the winning argument that much stronger for the reader. There is nothing better than when some articulate dude tears some troll a new asshole. If every thread was some kind of 'love in' I would have no interest.What would be the point?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You have just proven my point ...
Where is you point ...
What is your reason
and
Where is your evidence

No Offence but your doing what I am on about

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What I've seen is an increase in RUDENESS. Instead of disagreeing with ideas, people are quick to call you names or ridicule you or your position. Instead of honest debate on the merits of the issues, it's rude attacks.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Look I LUV ATS

You go read the ancient Civilization Posts full of info and interest ....

UFO posts get slammed whether full of good info and research

Political Posts get slammed .... with no reasoning but hate

My point beaware the disinfo and lap up the cool info ...

Thats All...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by robertauthor

LOL I love how you state this and the very next reply actually proves your observation.

Never a more triumphant pwnage if I ever seen one.

I agree with your sentiments, many times ive seen "i disagree" with no argument to support it. I thought we were supposed to post something that contributes to the OP? I know I read it in many places, yet I fail to see it in just as many.

Perhaps if the MODS were more consistent things wouldn't be so bad.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I get your point.There does seem to be a section of members that dedicate themselves to destroying posts on certain topics and they dont seem interested in debate.Some have fan clubs.But they should be easy to discredit or ignore.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You suggest,

Agree and have point... Try add more info ..

So, how about threads that are killed as soon as they get noticed?
This is a conspiracy website first off, therefore anything should be possible.
If people cannot see that it is absolute crap, it entertains the rest of us.
If they do they just do not post or point out the white elephant in the room.
But I have noticed some topics die in their infancy just because..... well I dunno.
Then there are other topics that always end up and I quote,

Thread closed for staff review.

Just because they are a hot button issue.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

deceit is only effective with uneducated People.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I don't understand how the first reply proved the OP?

They just said Quote:

"If you don't like what is being said, voice your opinion about it. That's the point of the forum. It may or may not get you a lot of stars, who cares? Don't hold in your voice in the moment, that's worse than whining about it."

That is a pretty clear rebuttle. His point and reason are both clear. he/she is saying that the point of a forum is share ideas. This is his/her opinion, short of a brain scan and biography i don't see how this could have supporting evidence.

How can opinion like this have evidence? it's an opinion, it's a persons thoughts regarding what the OP has written.

I'm lost here, please explain how that is an example of what the OP is talking about.

Like that person said: 'That's the point of the forum'

If you just want everyone to agree with you then i don't understand why you'd be attracted to a site that values debate.

If your arguments aren't strong enough to hold against someone else's opinion then maybe public debate is not your thing.

Honestly, i'm not sure i understand what your original point is OP.
No offence but it does kinda sound like a bit of a tantrum.
This person simply does not agree with you and decided to let you know in a very friendly manner which is pretty much the definition of debate.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Some people here don't know how to argue. If you put out an idea that get's challenged right away, you don't have to give them any attention, and instead converse with the people that agree with you more. If everyone is in disagreement with you, then your topic was poorly developed, then it should be let go or improved somehow by challenging it's critiques. It's not really beneficial to yourself to just ignore everyone that disagrees with you, don't you want to refine your ideas? Haven't you ever believed in something and it turned out that the idea was flawed?

If you feel someone is harassing you and a MOD didn't catch it, you're allowed to report them.

If you don't like what is being said in a thread, call that person out, but use common sense when you do. Don't just be angry about it, I guarantee you'll feel much better if you did express yourself. That was partially the point of my first post. The other half of my motivation was because you stated that you felt that the forums were being infiltrated by some people with the desire to generate disinformation, distrust, and general malevolence among forums. I don't think paranoia of something like that is any more beneficial than the actual act, and the best way to combat that possibly is just to post! Make your posts count, tell the truth, analyze your sources. If you don't like the direction a thread is going in because the argument is too one-sided, then join in! And that solves the problem, why? Because the untruth will never trump the truth.

Just because I was presenting an opposing idea, doesn't automatically mean I was bullying anyone. I was bringing to light an idea that thought was beneficial. There are cases of bullying on here, and I've even seen people stood up for by other people, but on the flip-side, some people are quick to cry bully.

edit on 29-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

join