It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoE LOANS CONTROVERSY: My Dad is the COO For One of the Loan Recipients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
DoE LOANS CONTROVERSY: My Dad is the COO for One of the Recipient Companies

It's been about about a year and a half since my Dad took his place as a senior executive: COO- Chief Operations Officer, for one of the "green" energy companies that received government/DoE loans-
Specifically, solar energy.

*For privacy reasons- for him/our family, along with potential legal issues- I won't/can't disclose which company*

I will say, however, that his company is among the top of the list in terms of the loan amount.

So far, the company has been right on track with their projections/goals on all fronts (production, expansion, etc), and is on the brink of sealing some very large, lucrative deals, both domestically and abroad.

Once the Solyndra story broke, well, you can probably guess I was a little concerned (to say the least).

But, he continues to be very confident and believes passionately in this company.
(He has been working in high-level management for 35 years, primarily in the chemical/energy field, with a degree in Chemical Engineering and a Six Sigma Master Black Belt)

The most important thing about him, though, in my opinion- is his commitment to integrity.
He will stand up for what is right, what he believes in, no matter the consequence.
He's proven himself time and time again.
i.e. Walking away from a million dollar/year job in a company he was with for 20 years because of their shady business practices,
turning down and even disclosing/blowing the whistle about "bribes" in the form of bonuses/stock-options/etc to keep quiet or to do the dirty work of the higher ups,
and many more on a smaller scale.

The point is- He cannot be bought off.
He's not afraid to stand up against the Elite.
He is a man fighting the good fight.
He is trustworthy and genuinely loves/cares about his fellow man.

So- regarding this current company,
I'm confident that he will not stand for any kind of shady business.

My main purpose for this thread is discussion regarding solar energy and communication- to give ATS a line of communication to the execs of a DOE loan recipient company.

If you could tell my dad and the rest of the C-suite/Board of Directors something- what would it be?
What questions?
What are your ideas/beliefs about solar energy, its future, and the role of America in its development?

Looking forward to hearing what y'all have to say!!

Peace & Love

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

shady business is bad for any manufacturing sector especially solar power!

my question would be... has the research and development section considered a cost/benefit analysis of layering poly-crystalline structures on a substrate using electrical bonding in a microgravity environment?
regards fakedirt

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
We as humans are dumb to be realiant on oil. The whole planet by now should be solar powered! Free energy for everyone. I want to do my entire roof of my house with solar paneling. I know long ago it was very expensive. From my own personal research I think it would save the most time and money. Need to spend money to make money to save it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
The point is- He cannot be bought off.
He's not afraid to stand up against the Elite.
He is a man fighting the good fight.
He is trustworthy and genuinely loves/cares about his fellow man.

If he received money from the federal government for this private business, he was bought. He accepted our money to fund his business that may or may not be solvent. The citizens were forced to fund his business without so much as a by-your-leave. Nobody was asked if they wanted to fund this technology. Nobody was asked if we minded that money was stolen from us and given to them.

I know he's your dad, and you want to support him no matter what. And it know it's harsh to say this, and hard to hear, but his company was a party to extortion, and he was a willing participant.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

"He can't be bought off"

It wasn't the executives being bought off mate.. it was the corporations buying off the Government. Which your father DID do, since the top 10 recipients were all major donors to the Obama campaign ... sooo.. about that integrity..

I'm sure not all the companies, perhaps your fathers included, are as evil minded as Solyndra BUT the fact that they were large donors to the administration and then received non-competing bids for massive government loans....

Sorry. That's still corruption.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'm glad you brought this up...

My dad was not involved in starting this company.
It had already been around for 2 years or so before he was brought in.
Well after the loan had already been applied for and granted.

So, no...He WAS NOT bought off, nor did he BUY OFF the government.

edit on 28-11-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join