It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Biblical contradictions, errors of logic, and just outright false information.

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I read this claim all over the place and know I have read the things in the past but can never remember them. Can anyone list the contradictions, errors of logic, and just outright false information from the bible?

Please don't add your own arguments, just verses for reference and what they say. I am curious to read them for an attempt at understanding.

Please just the verses and verbatim wording from your bible. Please don't add your own arguments or opinion to the responses. Cheers.



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by memarf1

Please just the verses and verbatim wording from your bible. Please don't add your own arguments or opinion to the responses. Cheers.


Good luck with your thread mate, but I think you just opened up an industrial sized can of worms

edit on 28-11-2011 by Ozvaldo because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
how about the contradiction in the portrayal of god in the old and new testament?

old one he was kind of violent and i remember reading somewhere he personally ordered the death of 400.000 people.

i'll be searching for the quotes as you requested.



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
wow where to start hehehe here's one

God good to all, or just a few?

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

and another

Which first--beasts or man?

GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

more here www.infidels.org...

let the fight begin



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hey Op, Rupert Marduk (of Faux Noose) prints the Satanic Bible. He also owns Zondervan, which has sole rights to print the NIV. You should send him a list of all of your suggested corrections after you get them compiled. Good luck with your important calling.



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
LOL, you will take text that was translated to many languages before English to find contradictions? It goes without saying that you will find them considering the translations given.

Try to find contradictions in a properly translated version, that to this day, is not disseminated to people, instead we get the "approved" version.
Then let's not forget all the missing books from a sold bible, what we get is half the book. The rest is hidden from us or hard to find.

Don't you find this rather strange? Why, if the bible is so unimportant and contradictory, do we need to hide half of it from the masses?

In order to understand the bible, one must know it's history of how it got to us, one must ask, where is the rest of it and why were words changed to suit someone specific views?

Then you can start being critical. You skipped a most important step which will lead you to the truth, not the christian one, or the jewish one, but the real truth.
It won't be given to you, you need to seek it out and find it for yourself. It's the least you can do to ensuring your peace of mind on this subject, else you will continuously always ask questions about this subject till the day you die.
edit on 28-11-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by memarf1
I read this claim all over the place and know I have read the things in the past but can never remember them. Can anyone list the contradictions, errors of logic, and just outright false information from the bible?

Please don't add your own arguments, just verses for reference and what they say. I am curious to read them for an attempt at understanding.

Please just the verses and verbatim wording from your bible. Please don't add your own arguments or opinion to the responses. Cheers.


How can you request something so encompassing and at the same time tie responders hands by stating no opinions or arguments? Contradictions based on who's authority or standard? Errors in logic based on who's logic? Outright false information based on who's valid information?

What you are asking for is for believers to bring a knife to a gunfight.



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
how about the contradiction in the portrayal of god in the old and new testament?

old one he was kind of violent and i remember reading somewhere he personally ordered the death of 400.000 people.


If you just use a ideal with the understanding of why you will always believe as such.



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan
 

HHHmmmm good point in fact why don't they give us the full book? Iam not gonna read a half book so why should I believe in a half book?



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by memarf1
 


off the top of my head

"blessed are the poor for they will inherit..."

"there are none so wretched as the poor"

speaking of poor a jobs come up, later folks



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, I've posted this in two other threads today. Looks like it applies here too. The modern bible is its own evidence against itself.


2 Samuel 1:18 (Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.)



Joshua 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.


If the book of Jasher was accepted as authoritative by those who wrote the bible. Why is it not included today?

Adding to the above. Was it really the sun and moon that stood still? Logic and science would say otherwise.
edit on 11/28/2011 by Klassified because: eta



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Chart of Contradictions

I think this will help you in your search. good luck



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
how about the contradiction in the portrayal of god in the old and new testament?

old one he was kind of violent and i remember reading somewhere he personally ordered the death of 400.000 people.

i'll be searching for the quotes as you requested.


must have been the american god ..



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Originally posted by memarf1
I read this claim all over the place and know I have read the things in the past but can never remember them. Can anyone list the contradictions, errors of logic, and just outright false information from the bible?

Please don't add your own arguments, just verses for reference and what they say. I am curious to read them for an attempt at understanding.

Please just the verses and verbatim wording from your bible. Please don't add your own arguments or opinion to the responses. Cheers.


How can you request something so encompassing and at the same time tie responders hands by stating no opinions or arguments? Contradictions based on who's authority or standard? Errors in logic based on who's logic? Outright false information based on who's valid information?

What you are asking for is for believers to bring a knife to a gunfight.


A man with no arms threw a stick and ordered his deaf dog to fetch.



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If in the begining there was only Adam, Eve, Cain and Able, and Cain murders Able, where did Mrs. Cain come from and who were the other people that were mentioned in the bible? After all according to the first book, those were the only 4 people in the bible. Did God have some other creation going on the side in the next valley?



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't know of the Bible is riddled with problems like that. Christians say it isn't, so I don't know.



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
If in the begining there was only Adam, Eve, Cain and Able, and Cain murders Able, where did Mrs. Cain come from and who were the other people that were mentioned in the bible? After all according to the first book, those were the only 4 people in the bible. Did God have some other creation going on the side in the next valley?


"I Have Other Sheep"

(John 10:16)



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
wow where to start hehehe here's one

God good to all, or just a few?

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

and another

Which first--beasts or man?

GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

more here www.infidels.org...

let the fight begin


first off, in that quote from JER 13:14. if you actually read the whole story God is doing that because the people were full of sin and not following God's words. kind of like how you punish a child so it doesn't become a little asshole kid. same thing. its out of love because the whole nation was going to destroy itself, God would rather just punish the few.the bible says nothing about doing whatever you want and being evil, then being rewarded.. then ur GEN 2:19 is just a plain misinterpretation. its speaking in present tense, as in "still in the process of making" then sent them adams way so he wouldn't be alone. not really the slam dunk on the bible contradictions..
edit on 28-11-2011 by RebelRouser because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2011 by RebelRouser because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1
 


Would you consider this to be what your looking for

Genesis 17:10
This is my covenant which ye shall keep between me and you and they seed after thee: Every man and child among you shall be circumcised.

Galatians 5
5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing
5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.



posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010
 

Ah, but god in the old testament never mentioned such at all. In fact the book of Genesis is very clear in who was around at that time frame, only 4 people, and then three. So the quesiton is where did the other people come from that are mentioned as there is no mention until later, so would that not be a contradiction in the bible on such?



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join